Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Pretty bummed this doesn't have VS mode, that was pretty much the best part of L4D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I really hope they find a way to make a Versus mode work.

VV I just played the first mission on Easy to explore and only finished with one tome, got a green shotgun :smuggo:

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 17, 2015

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Kill the elf bitch.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I would like a dark elf please, cheese the lore how ever you have to but get it done fatshark tia.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I have been playing the elf pretty much only and I never see anyone talking about her Sword spec. It is crazy good. basic attack hits plenty of targets for a fair amount of damage fairly quickly (I also have a % chance to instantly kill anyone I hit only my current sword). The charge up attack does huge single target damage and charged pretty quickly. In almost all my games I am getting top damage and top number of rats killed using that sword.

I do not understand the swiftbow though, doesn't seem like it is more useful than the longbow outside maybe kitting a rat orge to death.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 19, 2015

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Does anyone else have problems hitting the glob thrower dude with ranged weapons? I dunno what it is but that dudes hitbox seems wonky and I have the worst time trying to hit him.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

They could make so much money of a tf2 hat system they would be retarded not to do a customization thing.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

If Fatshark can make a 40K version of this, we better be loving Imperial Guard and not lame rear end loving spacemarines.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Taking the least damage and doing the most :smuggo:

Also yeah Carriage driver is a vampire or something, the pub dude is a necromancer who keeps rezzing you after you wipe.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

If a weapon has a listed special oh "Headshot" what does that mean? In my experience everything can headshot, if you aim for the head so whats going on here?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I wish bots would pick up and use bombs.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

When the mage blows themselves up if a witch hunter is in the party the mage should automatically be killed rather then downed.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Aren't witch hunters in fantasy basically like inquisitor in 40k in that each guy perscribes to certain levels of acceptable magic going from No gently caress magic -> Some magic is okay but dont go crazy -> gently caress it all use all the magics the chaos gods wouldnt hold back.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

That's it, canceling my pre-order.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Also am legit bummed I can't kill rats tonight :( maybe I'll install that mordheim game I bought like a year ago.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Yeah, I play the elf in my group because if I don't I assume some random legolas shitter will join in and proceed to do nothing or get everyone killed.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The longbow is pretty amazing against hordes if you chokepoint them correctly. Fully powered longbow shots will pierce through ratmen killing several with one arrow.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I think the first person melee focus in this game is really what sets it apart and better than the L4D series. Also the classes and setting and just skulls.

Also looks like we can play the Wizard Tower now.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

A sword and board character that actually does his job correctly can make runs much more smooth as well.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Can bots handle nightmare sewers?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I like how the Elf constantly talks poo poo about how crappy the city is that the soldier lives in. loving elves.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Versus please come on.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

A Bretonnia militia man, who uses a bow worse than the elf, and melee weapons worse than everyone.

Dark Elf with a repeater crossbow please and thank you.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Danith posted:

How come there seem to be no Warhammer 40k books to buy in the Amazon Kindle store? :(

Back when they start doing them you could only get them on Apple Products because GW can gently caress off. No idea if that has changed.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I honestly have no idea how this company in particular managed to produce a game of this visual quality while also being fun as poo poo. It boggles my mind.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Don't the skaven have some sort of warp flame thrower guy.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Treating gear like some sort of test to get into the next difficulty tier like some sort of WoW raiding scheme might not be exactly what they were aiming for, at least I hope.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Doing nightmare sewers, horde comes so we all run into a chokepoint room together, only I get choke grabbed right as we turn the corner and dragged into the horde to die, rest of the team fails to fight at the chokepoint and dies, then I get vote kicked as somehow that was all my fault.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Skandranon posted:

Doing nightmare runs with pubbies IS your fault.

True.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Elf AOE is pretty good actually.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So much like everything warhammer and 40k related we are fighting a battle that ultimately doesn't matter because some other assholes just come by later and ruin everything you just accomplished.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Tau can never win because they suck poo poo at space travel.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Witchhunter with the axe seems okay. Armor pierce on just standard spam attacks make stormvermin super easy.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Witch hunters crossbow is pretty sweet.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Have we figured out exactly what the luck stat does?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

spasticColon posted:

Is this game worth $30 and will my 2500K/660Ti run it decently?

Yes

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I am glad there is a level with a bunch of storm vermin. Makes a single target high damage spec useful.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So the soldiers repeated gun with rupture(gives shots Pierce) and 50% increased magazine size makes you ridiculously good at thinning down hordes and holding doorways.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Also the only melee weapon the wizard should use is the flaming sword. Performance does not matter here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

TwatHammer posted:

Somehow some guys managed to find a way to farm black powder on cataclysm in ~3 minutes. poo poo is insane. The loot table is almost all exotic drops

I imagine they just ignore the rat ogre and kite him?

• Locked thread