Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
There are some pretty crazy weapon effects in this game. I got a bow that homes in on targets when fully charged and flies through several rats if there is enough room. It actually seems a bit too good cause it basically homes in on head shots and instakills some specials. It's hilarious to see an arrow fly through an rat ogre like 20 times though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

The kind of people who are going to grind a map in a beta that is going to wipe all progress are the kind of people that are going to grind the 'optimal' way no matter what. I'm not really sure you can really solve that in any game that has loot drops.

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

Two brand new missions are up right now. Supply & Demand and Smugglers Run.

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

The sewer levels is fairly short all told but I can see it being a huge hassle on higher difficulty levels. There are two hold your ground spots that are in a square room with no real cover except the winch in the middle that starts it all so you get surrounded super fast.

The Market mission is cool and very similar to the L4D2 mall mission with the gas cans.

They have also jncreased the chances of getting loot for the class you are playing from the rolls at the end of the rounds. I didn't get many rare weapons before but there seem to be better effects on them as well as the heal chance or w/e.

Clan rats also feel like they have a smidgen more hp than the beta everyone knew about.

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

The default key for the server browser is L when you are just in the inn.

Did you beat the horn of magnus after the reset the other day? I think they are locked behind it but I still had progress saved from Saturday or whenever it was that the servers were up unexpectedly.

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

I don't know how it picks a target but if it's circling a rat it's because the arrow can't turn sharp enough to hit it so it circles the rat forever until the rat moves around a bit.

It's hilarious on rat ogres though, it flies through them like 20 times.

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

If you vent below those indicators you don't take any damage and if you vent above them you take damage every tick of venting above the indicators.

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

Even if it's the ratpocalypse and everything is hosed I wouldn't put any faith in a wood elf. Seems like a real character flaw to do so.

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

The easiest example is the soldiers handgun. It is head and shoulders above his other options. The elf is the same way the hag bow and the swift bow are garbage.

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

Dezztroy posted:

Really, the only truly bad weapons in the game are the repeater pistol and both types of swift bows.

I don't blame you but you clearly forgot the blunderbus exists. I'm afraid I have to remind you that it in fact is a weapon in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

I find the elf is best at getting hook rats with the longbow because of the piercing shots and faster fire rate. Hook rats are squirrelly little fuckers and missing or a group of rats in front of it don't pose much of an issue unlike the handgun at times.

Lunch! Finally! fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Nov 3, 2015

• Locked thread