Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Even that was broken though. The text during eidolon fights doesn't show up on PC so if you didn't know how to beat them it might take a few extra attempts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

ArfJason posted:

i played stalker soc modless and it was an alright game but i kept hearing about balance mods and stuff and frankly i wouldnt mind having my character's height not be dwarflike on my hunt for strelok

also why is the gold requirement for greed ending so low lmao

I had heard about mods changing the look of the game but I wasn't sure if there were any that did just that and kept the balance of the vanilla experience.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Even that was broken though. The text during eidolon fights doesn't show up on PC so if you didn't know how to beat them it might take a few extra attempts

lol thats hosed up considering those are weird gimmick fights where the text hints at what to do

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I played Diablo 3 Starter Edition and I brutally and insanely murdered a bunch of demons, zombies, and skeletons with my lightning fast DBZ punches. I feel fairly halloween now.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

elf help book posted:

lol thats hosed up considering those are weird gimmick fights where the text hints at what to do

the shiva ones worked for me

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Angry Birds Halloween HD

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can't use the Xbox controller on PC Diablo 3 even though this game has an Xbox port. What the heck.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Larry Parrish posted:

You can't use the Xbox controller on PC Diablo 3 even though this game has an Xbox port. What the heck.

I remember reading some explanation of that based around how the 360 controls would make the game unbalanced.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-11-why-blizzard-wont-add-controller-support-to-pc-diablo-3

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I dont like spooky games or movies I prefer fun easy going games like Far Cry 4 and Call of Duty Black Ops 2

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Nooner posted:

I dont like spooky games or movies I prefer fun easy going games like Far Cry 4 and Call of Duty Black Ops 2

theres a niche series of SNES games called 帰ります (Hepburn romanization: Goubak-Tsu) which is fairly light on the horror and is considered as a nice introduction to people less brave. Never released outside of japan but luckily a fan group recently translated the best entry Grand Battle Stand, so as your october play recommendation, i suggest Goubak-Tsu: GBS

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

ArfJason posted:

theres a niche series of SNES games called 帰ります (Hepburn romanization: Goubak-Tsu) which is fairly light on the horror and is considered as a nice introduction to people less brave. Never released outside of japan but luckily a fan group recently translated the best entry Grand Battle Stand, so as your october play recommendation, i suggest Goubak-Tsu: GBS

you should have saved this for a better moment

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

ArfJason posted:

omg

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ArfJason posted:

goddamn.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That poo poo is well-crafted. Just straight up put together nicely.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I played Diablo 3 Starter Edition and I brutally and insanely murdered a bunch of demons, zombies, and skeletons with my lightning fast DBZ punches. I feel fairly halloween now.

it's worth it to pay money to weird russians and get keys that fell off trucks in order to punch even bigger demons

Dec 26, 2012

ArfJason posted:

lmao

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArfJason posted:

Jesus

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

ArfJason posted:

Powerful

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I haven't played ORACLE yet but Summon The Apgrod has lots of spooky ghosts
http://cemelusine.itch.io/east-van-ep

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Cactus' old games are scary, if I recall correctly.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Made it to Lambda station in SOMA. This is a very good game if you liked Amnesia Dark Descent or horror games in general!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The only one I like was a Machine For Pigs but I never played it I just watched it, but it looked badass.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I'm too easily spooked by horror games so I dont play them. Except for outlast, which I played with some buds, but I thought it was kinda fail.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a lot of people give MfP tons of flak but it's really not that bad. Easier than the first Amnesia for sure. People said the story and AI are bad too but I think even Amnesia had those issues. The difference was that DD had experienced people behind it.

I also like almost any horror game so for sure don't just take my opinion

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Wax works is p good

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That game is both older than me and brutal as f*ck http://youtu.be/axqRgDkWXA0

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ArfJason posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Goodness gracious

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

Can I get a Hell :yeah:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

frank.club posted:

that guy is mad that the avgn also has footage of wax works deaths on his channel

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

alien isolation was really fun and probably the only horror game i've ever liked

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
NONE of you mother fuckers have said illbleed. zero of fuckers. what the gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUCOfrSOVuY

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trying to jack off posted:

that guy is mad that the avgn also has footage of wax works deaths on his channel

I'm mad I didn't post that one

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The original clock tower game is scary

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

trying to jack off posted:

Lmao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

frank.club posted:

darksyde phil getting severely murked on during victorian london

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

an HD version of Pathologic is coming out this month with a real translation and graphical tweaks.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

an HD version of Pathologic is coming out this month with a real translation and graphical tweaks.

The devs also had a successful Kickstarter for a full remake of the game that's coming out later

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

The devs also had a successful Kickstarter for a full remake of the game that's coming out later

Yeah. I backed it, and I'm getting the HD version for free , which is the only reason I knew of its existence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good call, the hd release isn't going to be priced that high either.

It's 3 weeks until Halloween! still time for good horror games

SOMA(PS4, PC) is the newest title from Frictional Games. you explore an undersea base filled with monsters and robots.

If you played and enjoyed Amnesia: The Dark Descent you should really really get SOMA. It approaches its story way clearer and way better than TDD does and it has differentiated and cool monster designs. Plus the non-violent npcs are neat and a few of the puzzles are engaging without being overly hard. the visuals are really cool too and it's obvious that Frictional spent a lot of time and effort to make this game the best it could be. I think it's great! This game is also way more streamlined than TDD, it doesn't have an inventory system and you don't have to keep your light source fueled (though I have noticed the light get a little dim if it's on too long, you can just flick it off and back on to fix that). There is something of a health system that is kind've of a detraction from the game for me but I could see how it's probably there as a concession to gamers that don't play a lot of horror titles like this. It's something you can kinda game to help you beat the game easier so I'll tag it getting hit by a monster causes your screen to go black, you wake up in the same spot with a fuzzier screen and a slightly reduced walk and run speed. You can 'fix' yourself by either completing some scripted events or by finding a health bulb. This is pretty easy to use to your advantage like if you need to use a chip on a door to proceed to an area but there's a monster in the hallway. You can just sprint to the door and if the monster hits you you're pretty much home free the second you regain control. If you played TDD or something else like Outlast you might find that you experience your first death several hours into the game or even not at all. Not to say the game is too easy because it isn't. you're given a lot more spaces to 'breathe' in. Something I think SOMA handles better than TDD does. In SOMA the majority of monster encounters are pretty unique to the area where in TDD you had the Butchers that were either scripted or could sometimes spawn, which kinda kills the tension if you know which is which. In SOMA the flow is clearer and these areas are obvious. Monster encounters are very clear cut and you don't have to worry about one spawning just because you read a book or something. Speaking of, SOMA hands out tons of optional lore stuff for you to read or listen to that's really great. You might guess story details correctly before they happen but the game still manages to be pretty engaging.

SOMA on the PS4 looks and plays great. highly recommend looking into this one if you're already interested in it

frank.club fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Oct 10, 2015

• Locked thread