Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Man this game is cool but I don't think i can keep playing...the limited inventory is rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't mind if they were like "ok you can only have 2 healing items" but I keep finding all this poo poo and I know Im gonna have to run back and forth and everything...and I was playing for an hour and got mauled by a dog, real fucker, and lost all my progress. Hmm

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well really starting again I realized wandering around before I didn't really find anything and was able to pick everything back up again in like 2 minutes. Neat, now I'm just wandering somewhere completely different. I love the look of this mansion

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Man this game is cool but I don't think i can keep playing...the limited inventory is rear end

There are item storage boxes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I have access to one it would just be nice if ammo/healing was limited but all the puzzle items could just be kept on your body

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

Resident Evil 1 is cool. Loving the near silence. At first I thought I was gonna be pretty resource limited but after carefully picking my way through the mansion and finding the first storeroom I suddenly have 50 bullets and 8 ink stripes

i wish games were more quiet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

i wish games were more quiet

I replayed demons souls recently and forgot that the game has no music outside of the nexus and boss battles

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

In Training posted:

Yeah I have access to one it would just be nice if ammo/healing was limited but all the puzzle items could just be kept on your body

Fatal Frame 2 has this one puzzle where you place books with highlighted keywords in a specific order. The books are already in the same room as the puzzle. Any other horror game would have padded that out by having you hunt down those books.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Which char. are you using?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

sometimes the running back and forth is a setup for an ambush. when this kind of stuff is tense it's good, usually it's just dull.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Which char. are you using?

Jill because she's beautiful

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

Jill because she's beautiful

/me breathes a sigh of relief

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't even realize there were differences, that's cool. By the way, where the hell is Barry. I haven't seen him since the opening cinematic

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

chris gets fewer item slots but he can headshot zombies easier iirc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

Is that random or is there a way to aim better. I just pump em full of lead and try to shoot them when they're on the ground but it seems spotty

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

Is that random or is there a way to aim better. I just pump em full of lead and try to shoot them when they're on the ground but it seems spotty

i'm not quite sure. i think its a random chance when you're aiming at their heads like when they're right up in your face. i think chris gets headshots from going for body shots more often

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i bought LISA cause its 3 bucks for the Halloween sale. what am i in for?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Dunno about the original game but if you point up with a shotgun you can headshots zombies at point blank range in re2.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i'll eat a jill sandwich every day if you know what i mean

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bobnumerotres posted:

i bought LISA cause its 3 bucks for the Halloween sale. what am i in for?

it frequently asks you to make extremely difficult decisions and you never know whats gonna happen. its awesome and it has one of the best soundtracks ever

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i dont want to spoil anything but one time it took me like 20 minutes to make a decision

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Action Tortoise posted:

Dunno about the original game but if you point up with a shotgun you can headshots zombies at point blank range in re2.

yeah in the remake i think its pretty easy to get headshots with the shotgun if you're aiming up at a zombie in your face, i havent played re2 and ive been meaning to for years

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

it frequently asks you to make extremely difficult decisions and you never know whats gonna happen. its awesome and it has one of the best soundtracks ever

awesome. im pumped

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i can't wait for the remake of resident evil 2. it's gonna rule so drat hard. i also bought LISA. Imp Zone's got me pretty hyped up for this.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

SM64Guy posted:

He gets a lighter to burn up the crimson heads, and he's hardier. Chris ftw, I haven't even played Jill mode.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

He gets a lighter to burn up the crimson heads, and he's hardier. Chris ftw, I haven't even played Jill mode.

That's a fail.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Chris is awesome. Not backing down on this.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Jill can get a lighter too...

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

mycophobia posted:

Jill can get a lighter too...

i think chris's lighter doesn't take an item slot? something like that. i didnt play much of the hd version so im going based on remembering the gamecube version

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Well, Chris always has one in a special item slot. I'll play Jill eventually, but Chris was the way to go for me since my friend was watching and she already did Jill mode.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh my god it's almost Halloween

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

loving jesus christ why do I do this to myself? i can't take this. i literally cannot take this. i'll never finish silent hill 2

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bolverkur posted:

loving jesus christ why do I do this to myself? i can't take this. i literally cannot take this. i'll never finish silent hill 2

It's not that scary friend.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It is but I'll hold your hand if you need it.

I need that forgotten memories game to get off iOS and come to steam please god

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Bolverkur posted:

How far are you?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

frank.club posted:

It is but I'll hold your hand if you need it.

thank you, i do very much need it

Action Tortoise posted:

How far are you?

i'm not far at all and i've even played this bit before

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

the only reason I could complete amnesia, which freaked me the gently caress out, is because when i got too scared i could just walk in the monsters face and die, then respawn and continue. that's not really an option in silent hill 2. save points are a bit far between and the sound design is so loving good that even when i know what's coming it still manages to get to me. god, i love this game. i also loving hate this game.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Furthest I got was the pool area. I'll pick this up again tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I've been wanting to beat this I've just been waffling on it. It's really good at conditioning you to associating the static from the radio as a monster radar then loving with you by having enemies nearby but don't actually pose a threat.

• Locked thread