Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Probably won't go with this as one of my 3, but I had the idea, so

Kek?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'm going to post my ideas as I make them, and edit my submission post accordingly.

So far this tag is in the lead

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

I'm definitely going to think up a way to make this look cool by Friday, yeah...

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

I'm definitely going to think up a way to make this look cool by Friday, yeah...

this is a real good idea

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Droyer posted:

this is a real good idea

I thank you friend.

The text legibility is probably the main issue, but even besides that it's still pretty plain at the moment.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I feel like the text needs to scale a little to fill the right and bottom of the tag a bit more.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

StandardVC10 posted:

I feel like the text needs to scale a little to fill the right and bottom of the tag a bit more.

Okay, I bumped the font size up one notch higher and turned off anti-aliasing. How's this?

It's a bit tricky to get the bottom, since the | character hangs lower than the other letters.

I might just go with another font entirely in the end.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Oct 7, 2015

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Strange Quark posted:

Okay, I bumped the font size up one notch higher and turned off anti-aliasing. How's this?

It's a bit tricky to get the bottom, since the | character hangs lower than the other letters.

Why is it on a black backgorund? It's a simulwatch, so maybe like, text over a clockface? I don't know how easy that would be to get across in such a small space tho

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

Why is it on a black backgorund? It's a simulwatch, so maybe like, text over a clockface? I don't know how easy that would be to get across in such a small space tho

It's mimicking text on a terminal as its theme. It's pretty much a placeholder at this point though.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Strange Quark posted:

This is an actually useful tag and I like where you're going with it.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm going to be super mad if K. Flaps Asuka tag doesn't get selected in time for the Eva simul.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

It's a love live thing.

"Kashikoi Kawaii Eliichika"

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

This is an actually useful tag and I like where you're going with it.

I'm not sure how to apply most of these to a thread outside of whatever show or in-joke they came out of so it's nice to see a couple useful ones (I'm also counting the hentai tag :v: )

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Yeah.

While ultimately everyone's entitled to vote for whatever they please, I'll be honest and say I'd prefer it if people kept in mind the prospective shelf life for some of these.

Just my opinion though. Whatever wins wins, except by admin fiat.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Speaking of which, is officially vetoed.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Speaking of which, is officially vetoed.

Booooo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Perhaps some hentai would help turn your frown upside-down?

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
v3:

I fiddled with cutting off the hanging bottom for the | and shifted its position at the beginning at end so it was more symmetrical. I also added in a bit of a border.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Strange Quark posted:

v3:

I fiddled with cutting off the hanging bottom for the | and shifted its position at the beginning at end so it was more symmetrical. I also added in a bit of a border.

I liked v2 more, personally. I thought the empty space looked fine, and the long pipe character looked better. But that's just me.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Bad Seafood posted:

Submissions are now open.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

I like these.

What's the BAPS reference I'm missing?

Also, I'm not an artist, but these were my best attempts:

Can't decide which is best.

I was tempted to replace the text with "phallus" or "metaphor" and keep the drill so the tag would be more obviously general for those not-so-subtle-about-their-metaphors anime, but the text takes a lot of effort. :effort: If someone likes that more, I'll do it though.

Here's another much lower effort one:

Also, these aren't mine, but they'd be a shame if no one posted them:

Popo posted:

Longer stare.

Man, that was a lot of scrolling back through posts to find... I now realize they aren't the right size though... How does one edit gifs (for free)?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gimp is probably the most popular free photo editing software. It's what I use.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gimp or Paint.net should be able to do it, but that file's in kind of a weird file size that it's quite hard to resize it without losing a lot of the details because it's close to the correct horizontal resolution but quite a bit too tall.

You'd probably be best off remaking it from scratch.

e: Also has a poo poo tonne of frames which doesn't help with keeping the filesize low but that's not a huge issue.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Oct 7, 2015

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wish we could use all of them.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

i support any and all haruhi tags

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Someone gotta make an itano circus tag

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I tried to make a cherry blossoms tag but it never turned out good, I'm so happy that you made one that did. Harhui is fantastic too. Baps tag is awful.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Shadow0 posted:

What's the BAPS reference I'm missing?

It means breasts, female breasts

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

owns

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

I submit this as the SYMBOLISM tag, because why not.

edit: a second submission.

Triggerhappypilot fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Oct 8, 2015

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Namtab posted:

It means breasts, female breasts

Alright, you're going to have to explain those to me too.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Baps and Haruhi tags? I'm in

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Haruhi tags? I'm in

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Haruhi is great and all, and I love the idea of just using her key colors rather than an actual image, but how many Haruhi, or even KyoAni, threads do we have to justify it?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

StandardVC10 posted:

Haruhi is great and all, and I love the idea of just using her key colors rather than an actual image, but how many Haruhi, or even KyoAni, threads do we have to justify it?

We will make them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

StandardVC10 posted:

We have one KyoAni thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
seems like the best submission so far. It's likely to see actual use, is classy, and has sub-forum crossover potential for D&D threads on gender politics in the Middle East.

• Locked thread