Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

not sexy enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

StandardVC10 posted:

Haruhi is great and all, and I love the idea of just using her key colors rather than an actual image, but how many Haruhi, or even KyoAni, threads do we have to justify it?
Haruhi herself is a big enough, impactful enough phenomenon that there's certainly room for a dedicated tag outside the context of her own show, similar to how we have one for Kenshiro. I can think of a lot of different threads that would benefit from a Haruhi tag.

The "Catch" is we don't need more than one, and shouldn't have more than one.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

this is my second submission in honour of the strongest human

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Should probably take the fact that no one mentioned anything about any of the drill ones as a sign, but I'll submit this one as my option I guess. Unless someone liked another one more?

Anyway, these are my three submissions then.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Now that the forums are back:

Requiescat in pace Monogatari av crew:

This one goes out to Droyer:

Raldan
Oct 21, 2010

HH Challenge Caster
(Pls no bm)

Bad Seafood posted:

Submissions are now open.

Edit:
Trying out new text/timings for Moe~

Raldan fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Oct 9, 2015

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Yes...Yes!!!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Need more variations of this, but yes.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Gonna update the "Reserved" post under the OP sometime tonight with all the tags submitted thus far.

If you don't see any of your submissions up there, it's because you've either posted more than three and I want to know which three you're specifically putting forward, or because you've posted several iterations of one tag and I don't know which one you want. If you wake up tomorrow and find yourself in either of these categories, please make it clear what you're submitting.

EDIT: There are also one or two I may end up culling for being low-effort. Feel free to complain about this or, better yet, submit a more polished version if this bothers you.

DOUBLE EDIT: Turns out there were quite a few.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Oct 9, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Done.

Yes_Cantaloupe, you've submitted more than three tags. Please specify which three of your six five submissions you would like me to put up for consideration.

Strange Quark, please post the finalized versions of your tags.

Amorphous Blob, since both your "Submissions" are already in the system, I can just petition the admins to add them if enough people want them.

27 hours remain to get your submissions in.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I didn't think this was actually eligible but I'm glad it is.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Actually, I just double-checked the file size and I'm afraid it's not.

Sorry. It's just too big.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Why are there so many rules just pick the best ones

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bad Seafood posted:

Actually, I just double-checked the file size and I'm afraid it's not.

Sorry. It's just too big.

Too much jpg

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

Why are there so many rules just pick the best ones
We're putting it to a vote.

The rules in this case are more just guidelines. Tags have to be certain dimensions and can only be so large or they can't be uploaded. Everything else is just about timing windows and submission ceilings. I'm sad. That was one of my favorites.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Oh were actually doing a vote that makes more sense.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Yep.

The vote'll be over the weekend and the top five most popular tags will be added.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

This one goes out to Droyer:

Oh you :3:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

Strange Quark, please post the finalized versions of your tags.

Yeah, I'm still playing around with ideas.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

Yeah, I'm still playing around with ideas.

I like this one.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Here is my contribution.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Or perhaps this will be more to the thread's tastes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll trade 5 new thread tags for the Chihayafuru CSS

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

In Training posted:

I'll trade 5 new thread tags for the Chihayafuru CSS

me just waiting for the day we get the Chihayafuru CSS

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this forum isn't getting css. the site crashes for 6 hours if lowtax forgets to feed the hamster powering the servers, it can't handle css.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lots of forums already have a CSS though...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

that hamster died and they had to get a new one :rip:

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Close yospos in exchange for our css

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

K. Flaps posted:

Close yospos in exchange for our css

This. Everybody wins.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
We need a Wideface tag.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

In Training posted:

Lots of forums already have a CSS though...
Radium managed to insert restrictions on which subforums can have unique CSSes as a foundational part of the site's coding that is referenced thousands of times in every functional aspect. If ADTRW gets a CSS, no more admin functions or credit card processing. Somehow IKs will be the only ones able to probate, and every time they give a 6-hour they also automatically ban Koos and Tenement Funster.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Paracelsus posted:

Radium managed to insert restrictions on which subforums can have unique CSSes as a foundational part of the site's coding that is referenced thousands of times in every functional aspect. If ADTRW gets a CSS, no more admin functions or credit card processing. Somehow IKs will be the only ones able to probate, and every time they give a 6-hour they also automatically ban Koos and Tenement Funster.

This sounds entirely OK.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'd rather leave Koos be

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

Gonna update the "Reserved" post under the OP sometime tonight with all the tags submitted thus far.

If you don't see any of your submissions up there, it's because you've either posted more than three and I want to know which three you're specifically putting forward, or because you've posted several iterations of one tag and I don't know which one you want. If you wake up tomorrow and find yourself in either of these categories, please make it clear what you're submitting.

EDIT: There are also one or two I may end up culling for being low-effort. Feel free to complain about this or, better yet, submit a more polished version if this bothers you.

Now you hosed up.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Bad Seafood posted:

My OPM tag wasn't low effort; it's minimalist. It's art. :colbert: Spent more time than I care to admit making the "Ok" legible. I think it has applications.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

and with a border:

Not certain which I like better.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

what the gently caress was radium doing

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

Now you hosed up.

we don't need to vote on ones are already uploaded because they are guaranteed right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I actually asked after the possibility of a CSS awhile back and was simply told "No," so that's the official end of the matter.

Pretty sure I said that somewhere, but if I didn't I'm saying it now: we're not getting a CSS, Chihayafuru or otherwise.

Shadow0 posted:

My OPM tag wasn't low effort; it's minimalist. It's art. :colbert: Spent more time than I care to admit making the "Ok" legible. I think it has applications.
The "OK" is just barely legible and Saitama himself is so scrunched up I only know it's him because I read OPM. I'm not against this tag on paper and I do think a more polished version would have its uses, but you sacrifice too much in order to try and portray the whole panel.

If you want to rework it, my advice would be to focus more on Saitama's face rather than his whole head, and figure out the image balance from there.

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

we don't need to vote on ones are already uploaded because they are guaranteed right?
If enough people want them I can ask for them, yes, though it's ultimately up to the admins so I wouldn't say it's guaranteed.

If people want the dad and stretched Haruhi tags I'll make a mention of it when I report the poll results.

• Locked thread