Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Knorth posted:

:yeah:

Oh, when does Haikyuu start back up? Or did I miss an episode because I am bad at TV

Maybe you missed this one because of the holidays - Episode 13 - they play against a school with a 2m tall guy. It aired two days ago I think? I'm pretty sure Haikyu is continuing into next season, which is great because its the most consistently fun show I'm watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Hocus Pocus posted:

Maybe you missed this one because of the holidays - Episode 13 - they play against a school with a 2m tall guy. It aired two days ago I think? I'm pretty sure Haikyu is continuing into next season, which is great because its the most consistently fun show I'm watching.

Oh awesome! I'm glad its continuing through the season break.

Looking forward to getting home and watching anime volleyball!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yachi's my favourite character. :allears:

How was she only introduced this season? She fits in so perfectly it's like she's always been around.

Hocus Pocus posted:

Since last episode had a next episode preview and everything I can't see it not continuing into next season. Other than maybe a week break or something.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Yachi's my favourite character. :allears:

How was she only introduced this season? She fits in so perfectly it's like she's always been around.

She's basically an audience insert. She reacts to the team the same way you did when you started the series.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Devil Tesla posted:

She reacts to the team the same way you did when you started the series.

can confirm

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Devil Tesla posted:

She's basically an audience insert. She reacts to the team the same way you did when you started the series.

That look she has in the intro when she sees the team playing volleyball for the first time is how I look every time they play a match.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

It's the Circle of Life...

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

That was a fun episode :tem:

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Yeah this episode reiterated that Hinata is the best and most adorable volleyboy

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

The Hinata bathroom confrontation reaches peak form this episode

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
NEW TOURNAMENT GET HYPE

So how long do you think the next game is going to take? No major characters in the opponents yet, so my guess is three episodes.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hocus Pocus posted:

The Hinata bathroom confrontation reaches peak form this episode

It was basically Hinata pinball.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Devil Tesla posted:

NEW TOURNAMENT GET HYPE

So how long do you think the next game is going to take? No major characters in the opponents yet, so my guess is three episodes.

I'm guessing two episodes. This feels like the first actually competitive match Karasuno will face but these guys haven't really been built up to enough for me to think they'll be around for long.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Actually it'll probably be an opponent of the week style game, like the banchos and the tall dude, and over in just one episode. Still hype tho.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got really behind and am still watching the first half of the season but one thing I've really liked about the training/growth stuff is that it isn't just about the players. Ukai showing his coaching inexperience, getting owned by his grandpa, and growing as a coach were all great.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

I got really behind and am still watching the first half of the season but one thing I've really liked about the training/growth stuff is that it isn't just about the players. Ukai showing his coaching inexperience, getting owned by his grandpa, and growing as a coach were all great.

:yeah:

I think this season has been really good for the support team. Ukai has got to do a bit more stuff with the introduction of his grandfather and also going into his own volleyball experience to give advice to Kageyama and Tsukishima, and Takeda has been in top form encouraging the kids and his gear metaphor for the end of the training camp was really cool. Of course the best part was the introduction of Yachi, who is the greatest. She also seems to be getting some focus in growing as a manager like in the latest episode when she was handling Hinata and Kageyama and i'm very invested in it because she owns.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Holy poo poo the animation in the new opening and closing is so good. I'm glad this series finally has a god drat thread I've been freaking out over it since the first season ended.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Still catching up; I think Bokuto has become my favorite non-Karasuno character. I'm gonna finally get current this weekend too :toot:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Hocus Pocus posted:

Me watching the levelled up Karasuno being underestimated

Underestimate the crowboys at your own risk

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
This was a fun and good episode! The Johzenji girl was cool~

:3:

Hinata's spiderman move way cool as heck and I'll never get tired of them using that 'Hinata speeds past someone standing near the net' shot :tem:

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Is that one guys floaty knuckleball like serve going to show up soon? I keep waiting for him to break it out.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm not super keen on this match. It seems more focused on the Jouzenji guys so far than Karasuno, which isn't super interesting but maybe it'll pick up next week. The manager girl was cool though.

Also, I like how the super tall guy from Date is friends with Hinata. :3:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Finally made it into the current season and oof, what is with that new ED song. The animation is cool but sheeew that is not a good song.

e: it's always nice when Daichi gets a chance to shine and I'm glad Suga was able to play some as well.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jan 18, 2016

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Yeah while I really love the animation in the OP and ED, the songs are least favorite of either season so far.
I would have been happier if they just used AH YEAH again tbh

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I like the new OP theme a lot better than I'm a Believer. I still prefer both OPs from season 1, though.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

JordanKai posted:

I like the new OP theme a lot better than I'm a Believer. I still prefer both OPs from season 1, though.
I was a little cool on that one at first, but it really grew on me. Maybe this one will too.

Also god drat I wish more OST's got put on the US iTunes. I'd buy Haikyuu's in a second

Senor Candle fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jan 18, 2016

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Huh, the Johzenji match ended rather quickly, I know Karasuno had only like 5 more points left till victory but it was still pretty sudden. I also wasn't too high on that match, it focused way more on the opponents than Karasuno and while at the end I did end up thinking the Johzenji dudes were pretty alright i'm a little disappointed we didn't get much out of the main characters. Like, Suga came back to set for a bit last episode which should be a really big deal since he's rarely on the field but it lasted like two minutes and didn't get too much focus. :(

On the other hand this next match seems to be starting well, setting up an obvious matchup between Hinata and the Wakunan captain for whoever will be the successor to the little giant. And also setting up Karasuno to being at a disadvantage with Wakunan playing like Nekoma and making it out to be a battle of the captains only for Daichi to be taken out soon after. Speaking of I hope he's ok. :ohdear:

Also, Aone and Hinata's confrontation and Yachi high-fiving the second years. :3:

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

unfortunately a lil' bit gets lost in translation in the anime here.

Confused, and then distracted by thoughts of food. Oh my god, Tobioooooo :kimchi:

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Just got to

I'm glad I decided to watch this. Been a long time since I watched a good sports anime.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I love Yachi so much. I am her in every episode where she is watching a game.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Senor Candle posted:

I love Yachi so much. I am her in every episode where she is watching a game.

Yachi's the best and I don't know if I can ever watch season 1 again just because something will feel missing without her around. She's the greatest.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I was not expecting the Ennoshita backstory episode. It's cool though that this episode was mainly focused on some of the less prevalent members of Karasuno. I'm liking this match.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yamaguchi no :qq:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:cry: I should have left this episode until the next one was out as well :smith:

the new OP is growing on me though

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Knorth posted:

:cry: I should have left this episode until the next one was out as well :smith:

haven't watched yet so I'm gonna take this advice. I like having 2-3 episodes to watch at a time anyway because 1 just isn't enough.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He got 2 points from his serves and won Karasuno the set. :)

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
Bit confused about the timeline but it may just be plotline jank.

Karasuno's oft mentioned glory days happened at least a few years back and they presumptively settled into somewhat of a lull to the point that the vice principal almost destroyed the team. In the last episode we learned that Ukai Sr. is only one year removed from coaching due to his hospitalization.

Feels like there is a missing beat.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TEHJOE posted:

Bit confused about the timeline but it may just be plotline jank.

Karasuno's oft mentioned glory days happened at least a few years back and they presumptively settled into somewhat of a lull to the point that the vice principal almost destroyed the team. In the last episode we learned that Ukai Sr. is only one year removed from coaching due to his hospitalization.

Feels like there is a missing beat.

Ukai Sr returned after a few years of retirement to coach the team but after a few weeks he was forced to retire again anyway before he could really whip Karasuno into shape. So he wasn't really able to pull the team out of its funk.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Huh, interesting. Looks like The Losers the title was referring to were Ennoshita and Yamaguchi (and Nakashima, but he actually lost), I hope they all get out of their funk soon. Although at the very least it's likely yamaguchi will redeem himself in the Seijou rematch to make up for his bad debut against them last season.

Also, that was a really enjoyable match. A lot better than the Johzenji one. It focused more on Karasuno and gave them a lot of cool moments but still made me feel sorry for the Wakunan team as well. And then after next week it'll probably be another 6 episode long Karasuno vs Seijou match. They better loving win this time or else i'm going to cry. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
AOBA JOSAI GONNA GET THEIR rear end WOOPED

• Locked thread