Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
genki
Nov 12, 2003
Good thing Yachi took everyone's nervousness on herself... :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yamaguchi my child... u did it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Everyone is so proud of Yamaguchi. :kimchi: But Seijoh took the set anyway. :(

Karasuno better Goddamn win this time. I don't think I could take another loss.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Everyone is so proud of Yamaguchi. :kimchi: But Seijoh took the set anyway. :(

Karasuno better Goddamn win this time. I don't think I could take another loss.

I think the depressing thing is that this batch of episodes is over once this game ends, either way

Haikyu 3 in Q4 2016 please

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't expect it that soon but it's definitely coming.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I guess season three is coming out this year actually huzzah! Excited for more vollyball hell!

devtesla fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 16, 2016

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
whoa!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

nice avatar!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:cheerdoge:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:toot:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Fuuuuck, this show :tem: I am supremely and wholly into this

https://d2.maxfile.ro/fsguvfqceb.webm

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Oh my god!! :kimchi:

https://d2.maxfile.ro/gckuuapdrd.webm

The Devil Tesla posted:

Yamaguchi my child... u did it.

:yeah: :tem: :tem: I need a bigger Temmie!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Jeez, is 24 out yet? I'm dying here - I'm caught up now and holy poo poo

I'm so happy for these dumb boys, they've been working so hard and they've gotten so much better together! I love their rivalry with Seijoh in these final epiodes, although I hope we get a big Cat vs. Crow match in the next season too

I noticed the music a lot more in these last few episodes than I think I have all season, it's pretty good :)

I like this mid-match build up song quite a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HkZTAI5iXY

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

The music is one of the best things that I didn't notice about S1 until I rewatched it. I'm surprised that S3 has been announced for Autumn though. There really isn't enough manga for another 25 episodes. Maybe they'll do 13.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

THEY DID IT!!!!!! :dance:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
:tem: :cry:

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

If Kageyama loses track of people as they are playing and doesn't notice they aren't keeping up, I'm not sure why we're supposed to believe he's a better setter than Oikawa who's constantly analysing where everyone is going and what they're doing, and is apparently the best at maximizing a teams potential, regardless of how often he's played setter for them (compared to Kageyama who has to practise with a team and specific people a hell of a lot to be effective). Kageyama is very slightly more accurate at throwing the ball? Eh.

The obsession with "genius" in anime is always kinda weird.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Shakugan posted:

If Kageyama loses track of people as they are playing and doesn't notice they aren't keeping up, I'm not sure why we're supposed to believe he's a better setter than Oikawa who's constantly analysing where everyone is going and what they're doing, and is apparently the best at maximizing a teams potential, regardless of how often he's played setter for them (compared to Kageyama who has to practise with a team and specific people a hell of a lot to be effective). Kageyama is very slightly more accurate at throwing the ball? Eh.

I've carefully thought this over, and naaaah

Also, throwing the ball more accurately is kind of a big deal in this, the anime about hitting balls across a net

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Shakugan posted:

We're not supposed to think Kageyama is better. Every time it's brought up Kageyama says Oikawa is better than him and even this match Kageyama has said he might never catch up.

Thing is though, Kags is just a first year who can still beat Oikawa in some aspects. A dude who is two years his senior and has basically been the best setter in all the tournaments he's participated in. And Oikawa is scared that eventually he'll lose, that one day Kags will definitively beat him and he won't be able to stop him due to a simple difference in talent. Because you can be sure that Oikawa was not as good as Kageyama was in his first year and that even with a two year difference they competed very evenly.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

SyntheticPolygon posted:

We're not supposed to think Kageyama is better. Every time it's brought up Kageyama says Oikawa is better than him and even this match Kageyama has said he might never catch up.

Thing is though, Kags is just a first year who can still beat Oikawa in some aspects. A dude who is two years his senior and has basically been the best setter in all the tournaments he's participated in. And Oikawa is scared that eventually he'll lose, that one day Kags will definitively beat him and he won't be able to stop him due to a simple difference in talent. Because you can be sure that Oikawa was not as good as Kageyama was in his first year and that even with a two year difference they competed very evenly.

This is a good actual answer :)

The last few minutes of 24 are still pretty nail-biting the second time round :ohdear:

Spoilers, obviously :)
https://d2.maxfile.ro/joudadozok.webm

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Everything about that final point is Fantastic! :swoon:

Best part is it goes right with what Oikawa was saying about the team with the strongest six being the winners.

Suga serves, sets and receives in that final play to keep the ball alive.
Daichi and Tanaka work together to get the ball back in play after Oikawa and Iwaizumi's absurd super long range combination.
Asahi hits a spike from the other end of the court that is blocked right into the net and almost ends the game right there
And then Hinata and Kageyama do their quick to get past a 3 man-block in the exact same vein of what stopped them in the last Seijoh match. But thanks to their training and new toss they get it around the block and barely past Oikawa.

Every member of Karasuno on the field is essential to getting that last point and it loving owns.

linall
Feb 1, 2007
That drop.
THE WIPE~!

linall fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 20, 2016

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

That last point was the hypest poo poo I ever saaaaaaawwwwww

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
As soon as I could tell they would finish the match with this episode, I was wondering how they would end it after the emotional blow of the last play--but they still were able to create tension for next week's episode by the cliffhanger of what Oikawa's gonna tell Kageyama. :3:

And then next week we're gonna have what Oikawa's gonna tell Ushijima :3: :3: :3: including one of my favorite oikawa faces
(but okay, every one he makes in that conversation is great)

...and then several months later I can start to look forward to my favorite moments in the karasuno vs. shiratorizawa fight...

Quirkk posted:

There really isn't enough manga for another 25 episodes. Maybe they'll do 13.

Eh, you may be right. I don't know how close they can cut it with development vs air time--if they can cut it reeeaally close, maybe take a week off here or there--they may be able to get enough to stretch out. Since they've been going about 70 chapters for 25 episodes, they need at least 20 more chapters to make that work as 198 was released this week. :\

I wouldn't mind if the anime added filler for the Tokyo matches though. Seriously, the Karasuno and Shiratorizawa match drags on for 40 chapters, and then Nekoma vs. Fukurodani only gets six? What the hell, Furudate :argh:

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Hey friend this is the anime thread maybe don't explicitly say what the upcoming games are? At least put them behind a spoiler tag because I'm sure it's going to be the focus of the end of the next episode at least.
I agree with your post tho.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

I mean, we already know who the next match is gonna be against. We saw them win against Date Tech and we just saw Karasuno's victory. It is a tournement, therefore the two remaining teams are gonna fight.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

It's not about who they play, it's how the game plays out.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I am glad Yachi is getting recognised as being very helpful. :3:

Also, this was a good season of Volleyball anime. I welcome Volleyball hell's return later this year and I am hella psyched for the final Match!!! Though i'll have probably read the manga by then.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Sleepy bus! Tender moments between sensei and coach! Chesty hugs w/ ne-san! The ladies team shows up for a cool moment! Saying "good evening" to the tv for some reason! Late night ball tossin! This episode has something 4 everyone!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I went to tumblr to look for new gifs and instead found vines: 1 2 3.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Devil Tesla posted:

Sleepy bus! Tender moments between sensei and coach! Chesty hugs w/ ne-san! The ladies team shows up for a cool moment! Saying "good evening" to the tv for some reason! Late night ball tossin! This episode has something 4 everyone!

Ukai and Takeda should kiss imo.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I just started watching this show, I'm about halfway through the first season, and I got a question. Is there really a magazine in Japan dedicated to high school volleyball?

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
Does anyone else think that the original little giant will wind up being revealed to be their teacher, Takeda? I just can't see any reason why they keep hiding his face in flashbacks, and their silhouettes look the same.. it could also explain why he's so good at arranging practice matches with skilled teams from across the country so successfully

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Slugnoid posted:

Does anyone else think that the original little giant will wind up being revealed to be their teacher, Takeda? I just can't see any reason why they keep hiding his face in flashbacks, and their silhouettes look the same.. it could also explain why he's so good at arranging practice matches with skilled teams from across the country so successfully

Well, the little giant played about 3-4 years ago and Takeda is 29 so probably not.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
Oh well there's that then. When did it say his age or is that in the manga?

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Slugnoid posted:

It's in the manga. All the characters have at least decent profiles (including maximum spiking height, etc. for some).

I recommend reading the manga.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Slugnoid posted:

We know he was playing only 3-4 years ago because Hinata got into playing volleyball from seeing a match of his, and he only started in middle school. Which was like 4 years ago. Also, the Little Giant went to school with Saeko who has gotten an age, and it doesn't match with Takeda's.

Edit: It also wouldn't make much sense because early on Takeda didn't know all the rules of volleyball and needed to study up on them. Which kinda suggests he was not a player.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
oh well, more important question.. is tsukishima modelled on Stephen merchant?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inYAKnG8-rA

:tem:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I am hyped for more volleyball!!!

This is only a 10 episode season though, right? Probably for the best if they're just doing the Shiratorizawa match. Hopefully it won't be too stretched out. They did the Seijoh match in 4 eps and this one took about twice as long in the manga so it shouldn't be too bad if they have an episode or two for before and after the match.

• Locked thread