Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Funky Valentine posted:

I think I prefer the Sour Sherbat compared to the weird Golbat-thing the unSour version has going.

Ditto. And there's still a lot of body and head for candy otherwise.

At the least, though, I'm sure you can get some easy sours converted rather than to attract them legit. You can disable the components of the Tower of Sour, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Dinictus posted:

Ditto. And there's still a lot of body and head for candy otherwise.

At the least, though, I'm sure you can get some easy sours converted rather than to attract them legit. You can disable the components of the Tower of Sour, right?

Yes, you can select any part of the tower and activate or deactivate it at will. Since taming some sours is easier than attracting the normal versions, it can be worthwhile.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Dr. Buttass posted:

Yeah, I agree. The wingish sausage is "friendlier" but I think the sour has a more interesting overall design.

But the flying sausage look is what makes the Sherbat so great! He's so doofy looking, how can you not love a big doof like that :kimchi:

Also, now that I'm finally playing this game, I love how they made almost everything just different enough from the first one to throw an experienced player off. I had thought I'd be steaming through all the old pinatas but no, they've been changed enough to make a lot of the old stuff wrong. It's almost like I'm a newbie gardener again and I love it!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Judge Tesla posted:

You can actually see Professor Pester coming each day as he runs down the mountain path from his base to get to your garden so you have a bit of notice, he's even harder to get rid of in this game compared to the first, as a certain item would permanently prevent him from going to your garden, but this isn't the case anymore.

You can do certain things other than paying him off to make him leave however, some of them involve certain high level Pinatas.

There is a certain fairly inexpensive item that distracts him without fail. I'm not sure when it becomes available, though. Until then, reddhotts are the best way to keep him under control.

Then again, he leaves with a bribe of fewer coins than a reddhott's worth so that's always an option too.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Supposedly if you build a fenced in area in a specific shape. Pester wanders into it, his AI freaks the hell out, and he leaves.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Hello and happy Sunday!

Today's a little bit of garden cleanup. Luckily the upgrades and levels should start slowing down a little bit here.

5. Really tying the garden together

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Jardineiro has stopped being the smug bastard he was in the first game and has settled for making the best entrance constantly.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
If you don't think the Romance grinding by itself (AKA not counting Wildcards and the actual Romance Dances) is going to be interesting, don't be afraid to do it off camera to save video time.

Did you show off the Newtgat's intro? I don't remember if you did.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
I just love their stupid tricks so much.

My goal eventually once things settle down with the unlocks is to start collecting a few pinatas and doing theme gardens. You can put together some really fetching gardens with a bit of time and money.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I'll have you know this LP had me sorely tempted to buy a used 360 and copy of viva pinata today.

sorely tempted.

Until I realized I would be spending 100 bucks.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Skippy Granola posted:

I just love their stupid tricks so much.

That's fine, just don't feel like you are obligated to show all the dead air between Romance Dances, tricks, events, and Wildcards.

When do you think you'll get to showing off the Newtgats? Cause they seem to really want to be a part of your garden despite the obvious trouble that would result from it.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 9, 2015

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
The Romance episodes are fine for right now. But I could see it getting a little tiresome eventually since there are SO many pinatas to romance. You could start just showing the "highlights" (i.e. tricks, wildcards, romance dances) and cut out the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
I really like the format you have going, but it will probably hit a point where it's dragging on. If you're worried things are getting dull or repetitive, feel free to cut it out or speed things up. This is very relaxing regardless!

• Locked thread