Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Tenacious J posted:

2015 has been a year of waiting for registration, which never seems to come. Until I get registered, I'm unemployable as a psychologist. Luckily, the company I did an internship with has kept me on and will keep me as long as I need to get registered. During this time, however, I do not have a lot of work with them, nor am I paid well. I earn an income of about $1000/mo. Once registration happens, I can expect to start making about $40-$50k/yr, which will then go up the year after to 70-80. However, none of this is guaranteed, which worries me. My income is entirely dependent on clients booking appointments. If they don't book or show up, no income. Also, this shift towards 40k/yr won't happen quickly either - I will need to build a case load, which is full of question marks. So, overall, I have spent a long summer feeling awful and worrying about the future, and my best hopes along this path are still uncertain.

A lot of poo poo has happened too, while I've been waiting for registration. For example, this whole process was supposed to be complete way back in May. Instead, due in part to me and in part to departmental processes, many things happened to delay or cost more in this process. My graduation was delayed waiting for approval, caused me to miss a registration committee meeting, then another meeting was canceled, my application had two technical difficulties, I forgot to include vital information, part of my credentials were denied, I had to register for another course.. all of this stuff costing extra money I don't have. Nothing like that has happened to me in life before, and it really does feel like I'm trying to swim up stream. Does the universe not want me to do this as a career? Maybe this is some adjustment bureau stuff? Unless yet another thing happens, I should obtain registration in December.

In the grand scheme of things you could consider setbacks in life, all of this sounds pretty minor. You need to make sure that you don't gently caress up the stuff you have control over with regard to your application. Sometimes with these sorts of things, you end up with a bunch of people not really wanting to help you, and just pass the buck on getting whatever paperwork/registration stuff done. You need to speak up for yourself, and start bugging the people that are in control of this process and let them know that you have everything ready and you want to be registered now. I had a similar issue when I was finishing my undergrad, I have a bunch of lazy administrators not willing to sign off on some transfer credit stuff. It took me going to a higher up and basically saying what the hell, get your people to do their drat job. Just like that, everything finally got finished, and I was out the door.

You'll look back on this time and wish you had more of it, enjoy this period of not really having a job and stop worrying about this minor delay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread