Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
There is also a confirmed Benkei form, while the Secondary Rider has Nobunaga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Stallion Cabana posted:

There is also a confirmed Benkei form, while the Secondary Rider has Nobunaga

That sounds awesome.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Having Ghost get a bunch of international (and fictional) dead dudes while the sidekick gets exclusively japanese dead dudes would be neat.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Poison Mushroom posted:

I like the theory that it's almost certainly going to be for one of the movies.

It would be pretty well in line with the TaMaShii combo from the OOO Den-O All Riders movie.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Serious Frolicking posted:

I guess they ran out of actual historical figures already. Understandable, as it isn't like there are a whole lot of notable dead people to draw from.

The 4th eyecon will be goku.

I'd laugh if they really do take a Journey to the West character. Anyways I found whats her name's eeking and ooohing while being carried around to be hilarious this episode. Other than that, "Ghost please be good" is sounding like a more desperate plea than ever now. I was okay with the first episode but hope that we get an outright good one from episode 3.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Cliff Racer posted:

I'd laugh if they really do take a Journey to the West character. Anyways I found whats her name's eeking and ooohing while being carried around to be hilarious this episode. Other than that, "Ghost please be good" is sounding like a more desperate plea than ever now. I was okay with the first episode but hope that we get an outright good one from episode 3.

Oh geez... um. Not sure how to tell you this.

I haven't been able to watch Ghost yet, but I'm hype to give it a try and I can't wait to see which Eyecons get forms in the show proper.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
is it a vegeta thing to judge an entire seires by its first two episodes or just a toku thread thing

I haven't watched one of these yet that I didn't have to give a few episodes to actually click with me

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Acne Rain posted:

is it a vegeta thing to judge an entire seires by its first two episodes or just a toku thread thing

I haven't watched one of these yet that I didn't have to give a few episodes to actually click with me

it's a Vegeta thing.

I usually wait till like 10 but I'm also not afraid to comment on a weak or poor episode.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I haven't been able to watch Ghost yet, but I'm hype to give it a try and I can't wait to see which Eyecons get forms in the show proper.

I was obviously joking, so you shouldn't have warped reality to make that real.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If a show's premise interested you enough to get you to watch one episode of it but you weren't too hot on that first ep, you may as well wait and see if it gets better before dropping it. You weren't going to watch it if you weren't at least interested anyway, so it's no big deal to give it a second chance.

That's the idea behind the three-episode test.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Just wait a couple months and then catch up if it isn't doing it for you. For me, KR shows are better in big batches.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

To be fair, Sanzou is actually based on a real figure, so while there is a fictional character based on him with magic buddhist powers, the eyecon may as well be connected to the real person and it wouldn't matter at all in regards to what powers Ghost gets.

Someone also hacked the belt for a bunch of the sound clips. It has spoilers for the new forms http://kamenriderghost.tumblr.com/post/129659399745/high-quality-recordings-of-all-the-base

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
Maybe it's like Fate where King Arthur is real but Sasaki Kojirō is not.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Ooh, it would sure be neat if later on the ganma somehow included the enemies of ghost's ghosts. But that would require someone other than sperglords to know and care that tesla ever existed, so I don't think it is very likely.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I thought that the one kid with the obviously final boss was going to be like an evil rider or somthing. (Didn't we have footage of ghost fighting some rider looking dude?) I\and there might be some power juggling between the two of them.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
current MVP of ghost: hat dude's teeth

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~

Ooh, it would sure be neat if later on the ganma somehow included the enemies of ghost's ghosts. But that would require someone other than sperglords to know and care that tesla ever existed, so I don't think it is very likely.

A friend pointed out that this episodes ganma may actually have been based on Tesla (though I don't know much about him to recognize the symbolic cues). Given the Ganma get hoodies/powers from merging with unique items it looks like they might be doing the same trick as Ghost does to create Eyecons. It's a neat little detail that I'm hoping creates some cool villains!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
even though my view of it was lukewarm during it's airing, each year I miss the characters of Fourze more and more :smith:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That Genma was definitely meant to evoke Tesla, just like the Musashi Eyecon's first opponent was meant to be Sasaki.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Elfgames posted:

I thought that the one kid with the obviously final boss was going to be like an evil rider or somthing. (Didn't we have footage of ghost fighting some rider looking dude?) I\and there might be some power juggling between the two of them.

Based on previews, there's going to be three Riders: Ghost, Specter and Necrom. Presumably, Specter is the Secondary and Necrom is the Enemy Rider, but it's not clear at this point. The all use Eyecons and at this point, all 15 are known with Specter getting three, Necrom getting two and Ghost getting the rest. There are also other ones loaded in as SFX for the driver, but it's unclear as to what they're for. They may be for auxiliary weapons or for an midseason plot change.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Lessail posted:

even though my view of it was lukewarm during it's airing, each year I miss the characters of Fourze more and more :smith:
:smith::hf::smith:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Who cares about Ghost, After V is the poo poo :colbert: Oh and there's an emergency I guess.

Also, the poster for the new annual movie crossover came out, and it's magical:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I don't want to wait 6+ months for RiderBeard.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Surely you mean Rider Vitruvian Man

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

That looks goddamn amazing. Also curious what's up with Negadrive. I was almost hoping for some kind of special Ultra Super Mode Drive like with W and Kiva but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen, probably a Ghost Shift Car instead? should still be neat.

Also what is After V even like? Is it like Cheers but the main characters are the Power Rangers? That's what it sounded like from what I read of the summary, basically a show where it's like a sit-com that mostly happens in a bar but revolves around people whose day job is beating up monsters?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ignis posted:

Who cares about Ghost, After V is the poo poo :colbert: Oh and there's an emergency I guess.

Also, based on summaries I've seen it looks like this Movie Wars will be more akin to a Sentai VS movie (as in, one continuous story involving both riders) rather than the 3 act structure of past movies.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Larryb posted:

Also, based on summaries I've seen it looks like this Movie Wars will be more akin to a Sentai VS movie (as in, one continuous story involving both riders) rather than the 3 act structure of past movies.

Good. The 3 act movies are all completely poo poo.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Good. The 3 act movies are all completely poo poo.

Megamax. :colbert:

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Ignis posted:

chewbacca with pancakes on head

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
Bronze Octodad balancing plates on his head.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So I watched Garo Crimson Moon.

I am very confused. Like, the entire episode was just baffling to me. The animation is...weird. It looks and feels like an early 2000s anime, when they had just adopted computer assisted animation instead of traditional. Everything is super stiff, the voice acting isn't all that great, the tone is kind of all over the place...

The CGI Garo armor is OK enough, it actually looks like the Garo armor, though he has Taiga's eyes for some reason, but the actual CGI is kind of poo poo and the fights so far are god awful. Really worrisome that the Horrors thus far have been 2D while the armor is full 3D, does not inspire confidence in good fights later on.

The writing was REALLY bad, really stilted and not that great. Also EXPOSITION HEAVY. Why the gently caress are you explaining what a horror is TO A HORROR? TWICE! The main character is also a piece of poo poo and the lead female character isn't much better.

Also the designs are generally inoffensive except for one thing.

The main character has some of the most Anime hair that has ever animed. It doesn't look TOO bad in the opening credits, but it gets really stupid really fast once you see it in the show itself. His hair is Yu Gi Oh levels of stupid, only without the additional insanity of it being multi colored. You'd seriously need iron rods to make it work. At first I thought he was wearing a goddamn headdress.

Like for as stupid as anime hair can get, hair that literally juts out perfectly at an angle and then perfectly bends at a right angle is not hair. It's a mistake.

But

None of it is out and out terrible yet. Like, there's nothing that just makes me want to give up on the show. I just don't understand it. The animation is taking a huge leap backwards compared to the first anime, which had a super unique 1970s inspired style and was super fluid. This is just kind of...janky and stiff.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Boy, the OP for Ghost is laughably bad. I'll hold judgement on the show for now, but jeez

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Like the original Garo anime I can't say I'm terribly fond of- I dislike the design of the Garo armor, I don't care for how young Garo is, and the tone whips back and forth like crazy at least at first. We start with ULTRA DARK opening that's near Berserk levels and then it suddenly shifts into wacky anime times.

...but that's ALL I dislike about it. The designs are loving great, as I said they look like designs from the 70s with modern animation, and even the main character's dumb anime hair is dumb in a good way. It's just a block of hair that goes straight up for no drat reason and has next to no detail to it. It works with the design without being distracting.

The animation is also pretty goddamn gorgeous, very fluid and colorful, and the incorporation of CGI is done excellently.

If you told me Crimson Moon was made in 2005, I'd totally buy it.

AND the first anime had a much more interesting setting, in the weird faux Europe/Spain area, which you don't see often in anime. Action scenes were better, characters are better, voice acting is better... if nothing else the new anime is going to make me reevaluate what I thought of the first one.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
After V is profoundly unfunny. Like, I appreciate what they are going for, but it all just falls so flat.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

After V is profoundly unfunny. Like, I appreciate what they are going for, but it all just falls so flat.

I feel like it tries to do what Sunred did, but without the same charm.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I like the detail where Chaser isn't all there, because he is a robot ghost now.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Do you guys think there's a niche for toku recipes in a blog format? I already made a crumb cake based on one of the villains of Boukenger/Operation Overdrive. and Zyuranger/MMPR cookies, and got good feedback. Stuff like Dino curry or anything from Drupers.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Why hasn't there been a food/cooking themed Sentai or Kamen Rider? The merch practically sells itself

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Why hasn't there been a food/cooking themed Sentai or Kamen Rider? The merch practically sells itself

Where did you think the Rider gummies thing got started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Xelkelvos posted:

Bravo.

• Locked thread