Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
God drat, why do all the guys in Blade have almost identical haircuts, builds, and outfits? I really hope somebody gets an eyepatch or something, or I'll never tell these fools apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!

Some Numbers posted:

:allears:

I love hearing people's reactions to Terui.

I always thought it was kind of weird how Terui's arc ended up being a total validation of revenge. He finds the guy he wants to murder, murders the poo poo out of him, and is immediately shown laughing and playing with kids. I mean, the guy totally deserved it, and that kind of emotional closure could realistically do somebody a lot of good, but... this is kind of a kid's show.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Kamen Rider Birth was 100% a doctor, so that's up to 4 depending on how you count it.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

I feel like Guardians of the Galaxy proved that audiences are prepared for a silly tone so long as you have the emotional base and good writing to pull it off. Instead Power Rangers is split between the Chronicle vibes for the first half and the camp Rita stuff in the second half, and it just doesn't gel. I liked it, but I get why other people don't.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Catching up on Ex-Aid, it's improved as much as people said! Not sure if anybody else got a little bothered by this exchange in ep 24, though:

Emu: I have three great friends that help me fight bugsters. Hiiro, Taiga...
Poppy: (looks hopeful)
Emu: ...and my super-dead pal Kiriya!
Poppy: Dude, come on. RIGHT HERE.

EDIT: Wait hold on, what the gently caress is with this episode all of a sudden.

Eponymous fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Aug 10, 2017

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Oh my god, the evil secret megaweapon is Pokemon Go.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Ex-Aid 34: Graphite quietly eating Hiiro's cake is a great little background moment. Also, I will never not love the whole "raindrops frozen in midair due to time stop" effect wherever it shows up. It was great in Kabuto, still great here.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Ex-Aid 38: (me before episode) They're kinda lessening the stakes with how easily death is being undone, I hope they fix that.

(after episode) :qq:

Eponymous fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 29, 2017

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Ex-Aid 42: "I ABANDON MY HUMANITY, JOJO EX-AID!"

And here I was thinking the time stop might have been an accidental reference.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Sorry for the double post, but I'm just watching the Dr. Pac-Man Ex-Aid movie, and... is this song playing while Takeru powers up dramatically from Ghost? It sounds kind of great, did I miss a good soundtrack in skipping Ghost or is this movie specific?

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

And I am done with Ex-Aid, just in time. It's by no means perfect, but that was some high-quality Toku. It probably says something that this is one of the few Kamen Rider series I actually think should've lasted longer.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

That brings up other problems though, like "is there actually any drawback to being a bugster". Kiriya seems to be able to teleport, and doesn't show any negative side effects?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

In the next ep preview I believe I saw Sento hanging out with evil bossman, so I do think we actually have a Kamen Rider who's putting his double identity to good use. And it's real nice to see a competent, proactive lead again.

• Locked thread