Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud
The first season was good, and the second season which is airing in a couple days is going to be trash because it's being written by Sho Aikawa and Toshiki loving Inoue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud
I tried to give season 5 the benefit of the doubt for a long time because I was an apologist who didn't think season 3 ended up being that bad. Even between that + Decade hamming it up, I feel like it completely wasted my time. It's bad. I regret ever having said otherwise.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud
In case you were curious about the new Garo anime, it's pretty bad but the music is loving great.

RE: the new subs of the original Garo, were the old ones done by GomenRider just a TV-N scrub? I think I remember reading that somewhere but I have no idea if it's legit or not.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud
I'm glad for the Skull segment of Movie War Core because at least then it wasn't a total waste of my time. Fun fact, the OOOs segment, which I maintain as the worst tokusatsu I have ever watched? Written by Toshiki Inoue. Of loving course

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

Dexie posted:

Let's not forget the most infamous thing Inoue has ever written, the Kamen Rider Faiz novel.

AKA the in-canon novel where the lead female of the series gets violently raped.

Because, you know, that's what kids who are fans of Kamen Rider want to see.

This is so unbelievably ridiculous that I thought it was some kind of weird hyperbole.

It was not hyperbole.

I have now been exposed to something which, miraculously, made me respect Inoue even less.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

FortMax posted:

RED ALERT

RED ALERT

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

TOEI CHANNEL HAS AIRED THE FIRST EIGHT EPISODES OF MASKED RIDER KUUGA, AND THEY HAVE COMPONENT MASTERS

I REPEAT: THEY HAVE COMPONENT MASTERS OF KUUGA

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck

This is all I want from you, Toei.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

Blaze Dragon posted:

I mean, if I had to rate a series by the strength of the protagonist, Kuuga is terrible.

This sure is an opinion that I had no idea anyone held.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud
Even as someone who kind of enjoyed Wizard (don't ask me why, I'm not sure either): don't watch Wizard, it's bad in an objective sense. Also, if you're going to watch Agito, watch Kuuga first because A.) they're sort of connected and B.) Kuuga is the best.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud
I watched the entirety of Garo Goldstorm and do not, I repeat, do not watch that poo poo. There's exactly one good character in it, and he's the villain, and while it's wonderful watching him chew the scenery and be just the biggest, smuggest dick in every single scene he's in, it's not worth suffering through the rest of that pile of literal garbage.

Also, in reference to the second season of the Garo anime, keep in mind that while I choked down the entirety of Goldstorm (and hated myself for it afterwards), I turned off the anime partway through the fourth episode and never went back. It might be the most poorly written piece of media I have ever seen in my entire loving life.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

Serious Frolicking posted:

Weren't they gonna make a sequel to s1 of the garo anime? I don't mean the completely unrelated s2, but something with the s1 cast.

There was a sequel movie, but I've not heard anything regarding a potential follow-up series. I know season 1's BDs sold poorly, though, and if season 2 had a dip in sales due to its massive drop in quality, that could be enough to kill the idea of future seasons of a Garo TV anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

Serious Frolicking posted:

Because we live in an unjust world I wouldn't be terribly surprised if s2 outsold s1 while still being a failure.

If it helps, looking for information has led me to believe that Garo season 2 literally sold so poorly that it doesn't even show up on BD/DVD sales lists. Which is actually very possible, given that season 1 sold way worse than I remembered, and only some of its volumes were above the cutoff point for being included on sales charts.

Basically, this means that less than 275 people bought any given volume of Crimson Moon.

• Locked thread