Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Traingers were better than the current Ningers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Until they finally showed a front shot I thought one of the bad ghosts was literally the Hibiki suit.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Boukenger also has a pretty dope theme song.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Literally The Worst posted:

tesla was a fuckin lunatic weirdo

and edison was a jackass of epic proportions. what's your point?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Cliff Racer posted:

Not really a fan of the little ghost puppet character either.

I was able to read the rest of this post, but this line is just showing up as a bunch of garbles letters. Is this happening for anyone else?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

On the other hand, people getting mad about people getting mad about Tesla is hilarious. If they really wanted an electric Inventor guy though, they should've picked Benjamin Franklin and give him an electric Kite/chain-sickle to use.

This would've been dope too.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

At one point Tsukasa shows up and everybody refers to him as "Decade Ichigo" as though it was always a thing.

And then Neo-Decade says "I can do that" and activates Strawberry Arms.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I adore the Go-Busters suits.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

Being red-centric isn't an issue if the show is written well, Kyoryuger keeps getting brought up because it straight up said "Daigo has no flaws or weaknesses and is the best ever" and it was still really good. He also came off as a far better character than Takaharu on top of that.

It helps that Daigo's actor had any sort of acting ability.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Elfgames posted:

meteor fought with a beyblade

I'm really not seeing the negative here.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Elfgames posted:

one of them was a loving pug and i had an instant burn it with fire response.

Of course someone who doesn't like Fourze would think something like this.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Elfgames posted:

pugs are man's greatest sin

edit also i never said i didn't like fourze i thought it was pretty okay same as wizard, i just felt that it was really bland outside of gentaro (and i was reminded that meteor's belt was pretty cool i had forgotten that) and the secondary cast is increadably awful

It's basically saying the same thing.

Not that it matters since everything in your post is bad and wrong to begin with.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I would watch Kamen Rider: The First to get the plot beats of the original, and then watch OOO and W.

No idea about Ultraman.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

OnimaruXLR posted:

why do they look like they're camping

is rita a bear in this movie?

is zordon going to appear as a giant face in a campfire?

I would watch a camping sentai. Just saying.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Akett posted:

You kind of get that with Hibiki. Though I haven't seen much of Hibiki.

I haven't seen any Hibiki, but I know it takes a big nosedive partway through,

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Larryb posted:

Well as some people guessed by that teaser image, Kamen Rider Amazon's coming back and this time it looks like he brought a freind:

Apparently it's going to be a 13 episode mini series running on Amazon Prime(appropriately enough). There's a bit more info here.

Dear Toei. We have Amazon in the west too, surprisingly enough. Please let us see it.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I have a Prime sub because I buy a lot of poo poo from Amazon, so the video stuff is just a nice bonus.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've finally found my first ultraman series!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

His tail is as big as the rest of him.

Also, looks cool.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I still enjoy OOO more than W. Logic be damned

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Wow. Talk about over-designed.

Those are ugly as gently caress.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Burkion posted:

Personally, I would have just remade the original suits into something like what Deadpool had- not spandex, but a thicker material good for stuntwork. Update the design, streamline some of the more 90s things, but keep it simple and easy to work with. It's a Power Rangers movie, people know what they're getting into from the title alone.

I agree that Go-Busterized suits would be pretty cool.

This really just goes to show how much of a garbage man Saban is, IMO.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Drive is pretty clutch.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

subbed ... by TVN. Is the translation good?

Gonna go with no.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Regardless of which is more red-centric, in no way is ninnin better than trainger.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I liked the trains.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I like it a fair bit

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Toei, just dub Amazons and put it on American Prime. Please.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

The Kabuto dub is great. :colbert:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

OZC posted:

You don't want that. I've posted these before but they're worth posting again.

Wizard's dub is a little better, but that's not saying much.

Was Kabuto a fluke then?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

They could probably put Amazons on SyFy as is and have it do alright.

Have it premiere during or right after a season of Face/Off so they can have a challenge based on it and also promote it I guess.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Adapt Shin.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

Spiderman would be terrible as a live-action TV show. The web swinging would be too expensive and difficult to do often enough, and god knows the licensing fees from Marvel would be crazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me-wMZeKck4 :colbert:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

The suit still looks really bad.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

It's very over-designed.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Zyuranger-ize the Go-Busters suits

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I am confident the movie will be bad because Saban is involved.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Burkion posted:

That's still not great and I can show you why.

If you look, you'll find that each of the ones that do get released theatrically are a double bill with Kamen Rider movies. And none of them are their own thing- all of the Sentai movies have been just specials from the TV series with a budget to match that.

If they were to make a full on Super Sentai movie retelling, say, Go-Ranger, you'd get a similar deal to what's going on here with MMPR.

You're only ever going to see a VS movie if you watch the show, and the returns from the box office reflects that. That will not fly on a 'real' movie, no matter where it's made.

Again, you can look towards Ultraman the Next and Kamen Rider the First for examples of this.

This said though, they are still theatrical releases that are in addition to the V-Cinema ones. They basically carpet bomb kids with toku movies.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Power Rangers is p bad.
So are most comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I also don't think it looks all that great.

• Locked thread