Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

this thread title is terrible

FeatherFloat posted:

And sometimes I'll just suck it up and grab TV-N's version of a movie or special because Over Time may be great, but they are the pits about subbing side stuff in a timely fashion.

The translator isn't fond of side stuff in general, that's why we get to do that sort of stuff sometimes, and sometimes we just don't bother. :shrug:

e: That was totally not the person I meant to quote

Ignis fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Oct 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Stallion Cabana posted:

Did I actually post that? Man I don't even remember posting that.

You didn't, I quoted the wrong person :sweatdrop:

woops

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

He's kind of dead and burned out by a year of doing SHT, but he's slowly been doing progress on both Ryuki and Shinken. I'm taking over him on Rider, so that'll lessen up his workload a li'l bit hopefully.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

The mental gymnastics some people go through for adding trivia to the wikia will never cease to be hilarious :allears:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

It's the end of the world as we know it

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Who cares about Ghost, After V is the poo poo :colbert: Oh and there's an emergency I guess.

Also, the poster for the new annual movie crossover came out, and it's magical:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Surely you mean Rider Vitruvian Man

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Raiga is the kid, Taiga is his grandpa :eng101:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I downright adored Decade in Goldstorm. I would also not recommend watching Goldstorm under any circumstances.

(But here's another vote for your ragetext, it would be great to read it :allears: )

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I think he meant the old gomenrider release

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Inoue wrote a handful of episodes for those shows, so that hardly even counts.

He was the main writer for Agito, Faiz, Kiva, and the second half of Hibiki.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Burkion posted:

BEST EARLY HEISEI RIDER SERIES INCOMING

I am probably missing an in-joke or something here

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Aran and Javel have been updated too their actual romanized names of Alain and Javert, respectively. I had a feeling that was the case for Javert, but I want aware of Alain (particularly because of the pronunciation)

It's from the title card of the bluray specials, "The Legend of the Hero Alain"

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Killer Queen posted:

I can't wait until Alain tries grandma's takoyaki and has an exaggerated explosion of happiness as soon as he bites into it. "I've never eaten anything this good!" :allears:

That's something that will actually literally happen (in the bluray extras)

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/Ragnarock0100/status/710675199016964096

August 2016

E: and the trailer

Ignis fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 18, 2016

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Burkion posted:

I am curious if episode 2 will be as long as episode 1

It's 40m long

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

The torrent is already fixed, download away.

There's also a new Garo show, which is being touted as a collection of side stories that take place in the Garo universe. The series is an oddity because Garo Pro has been oddly tight-lipped about it; any new stories to come are a mystery, there's no previews anywhere we can see and the promo material was strangely scarce days before it premiered.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

SSA Doron Changer

Prepare your wallets etc

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Kamen Rider continuity is like Whose Line: it's made up and the (plot) points don't really matter

Ignis fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 19, 2016

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

New batch of Amazon Prime Japan shows. Worth mentioning:

- Ultraman Orb spinoff (slated for December 2016)
- "Businessmen VS Aliens" from the Hero Yoshihiko/Aoi Honoo guy, stars Phillip from W and has Buddha's actor wearing a kaijin suit (September 2016)
- Amazons S2 (2017)

e: gently caress im slep

Ignis fucked around with this message at 08:09 on May 31, 2016

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

According to producer Shirakura's Twitter, they do intend to end the show on the letter Z.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

gently caress me running, yes.

Space Squid Jiro Sato, 'nuff said

I would take the Reporter's article with a cube of salt. Something like that would definitely have Amazon releasing english pages for each of these 12 shows (or at the very least, one english page with a similar announcement), and it honestly only seems to be a conclusion drawn by this one quote:

quote:

"We’re excited to add a great lineup of original Japanese programming to supplement the English-language series we've already created in the U.S.,"

Note that the Deadline article (from which most sources are quoting from) points out that the shows are for the japanese market. It's only really making western news because it's a large batch of original content produced by Amazon.

e: article translating the Amazon Japan press release. Long story short, there's "plans to bring each announced show to Prime subscribers overseas". It's a one-liner that goes into no further details. This is PR lingo for "we're thinking about it" and it's about as finite as Hulu telling you they're working to bring their catalog worldwide "soon". Until Amazon US is willing to talk dates, I'd say don't think much of it for now. :shrug:

Ignis fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jun 1, 2016

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Serious Frolicking posted:

apparently they made a second live action hentai kamen movie. anyone know the details?

Premiered this month, it'll be on bluray by the end of the year most likely. Here's the plot summary and a trailer

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Ultraman Orb trailer

Garo X NJPW crossover special airing in July

July's looking good

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Ultraman Orb 1 is up.

Garo Season 1 HD is also going to be a thing. Something something TNG remaster something.

Also is this the right thread to talk about Butchy Gen's Wuxia Puppets Show? Because it feels like a toku with puppets and chuunis :v:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

fwiw the subs for X and Orb are pretty good, it's just a bunch of their older subs that look like major crap.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

So; Question for Ignis.

Are you guys at OT just loving with us or do they legitimately say a different animal group every time in the intro to Zyuohger?

It's just a silly gimmick the editor and translator came up with on the first episodes. Don't think too much of it, it's always the same word in japanese.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I thought Wizard had good fighting choreography :shrug:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

It's not confirmed yet, we'll know for sure when the September summaries show up by the end of August

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I'm still laughing at Billy the Kid's two-parter, entirely based on the debunked myth of Billy and the sheriff being BFFs. But hey it's not like Japanese kids care. Cowboys! :v:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

It wasn't leaked (it got a press release announcement and everything) and it's not even a VS Super Sentai. They're doing two crossover episodes on Zyuohger next month.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Eh, the new tune is not that good imo :shrug:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Acne Rain posted:

infinite potential

And connections

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

The opening even sings about it

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

He realized the reason the slaps were getting to him was because he felt a form of love towards Akari.

...yeah. :shrug:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I'm fired up :geno:

Ninninger is still better than Ghost, somehow.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I think I'm just jaded over months of having to write the same sentences over and over.

Did you know this motherfucker's name is Tenkuuji Takeru and he likes to let his life burn bright? His other hobbies are connecting people's feelings and preaching about humanity's potential. Which is infinite. And souls never die. :suicide:

Ignis fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 23, 2016

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Oh, the jingles sure. It's the show's catchphrase-itis that gets incredibly annoying.

That's just in half a minute, from this week's episode - like half of what Takeru says these days includes the words "connect" or "infinite potential" in some sort of fashion. In comparison, Alain has used his heart's cry catchphrase a handful of times and that is why he is the MC we need, not the one we deserve :(

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Nah I'm just the team's gopher

Onimaru is the one who does the heavy lifting, like marking lines to tell us "HEY HE SAID THE CATCHPHRASE AGAIN YOU KNOW THE ONE" and also translating :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Larryb posted:

By the way, has anyone subbed Ultraseven X besides TV-Nihon (though to be fair it's not the worst effort I've seen from them)?.

The whole show is on Netflix, if you're willing to hunt a Latinamerican VPN that works and also know how to read spanish or portuguese.

Also, never forget

• Locked thread