Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Didn't they destroy the last foundation X guy in the W Fourze OOO movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I thought that the one kid with the obviously final boss was going to be like an evil rider or somthing. (Didn't we have footage of ghost fighting some rider looking dude?) I\and there might be some power juggling between the two of them.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
The only problem i had with ghost episode 3 is the horrible wire work while he's floating he was basically dangling on the wires and lightly bumping into the ganma it was awful.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I don't mind the floating around so much when he isn't trying to fight at the same time but they didn't even try to make it look like it was harming the monster.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Literally The Worst posted:

and we've already had two christmas miracles

hail spandex satan

e: and when mfc comes back with gavan (and maybe some sentai?) itll be three

Woah we all know the true giver of sentai Christmas miricles is Gokai Christmas.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

jivjov posted:

My biggest complaint about Ghost is with the supporting cast. I can't stand bald monk dude, the villains haven't gotten any real development yet, and overall I'm just tuning in for the fights.

I don't hate bald monk dude his only real problem is being a bit too loud.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I like that in the next episode or so all the eyecons will be found

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

jivjov posted:

Kinda took the wind out of the collection aspect when villain-guy-whose-name-I-don't-know just opened up a briefcase with 5 heroic eyecons in it. Gotta introduce the toys quick so the kiddies know what to ask for for Christmas.

I feel like this series is even more toyetic than other recent ones. On top of the belts and collectable gimmick, each form comes with its own little weapon to slot into the big awkward sword thing.

they still have to collect them from the badguys and OOO was no worse off for having all the medals be in someones possesion from the start.

at least the little weapon thingies are useful remember burgermeals or candroids or golems, hell even psudomemories were practically useless.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Acne Rain posted:

would you rather they continue this episode format for five more episodes
why would anyone complain about them NOT continuing the eyeball search plotline.

at the very LEAST sage now can't just tell who the hero of the week is instead of giving information, now that all fifteen eyeballs he cares about are in play.

I honestly really liked that about OOOs. I like how much who had what medals actually mattered and how much they changed hands from episode to episode. I wish they'd go that route again (they MIGHT with the eyeballs but I doubt it, given how the toys work).

how do the toys work that they can't seeing rear end edison already transfered hands?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
pretty sure Beethoven was a real guy.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Burkion posted:

I don't know if that dissapoints me or not. Do I want more furries or less I don't know

Be fair- Kruger just got made into a lizard dog man instead of a plushy dog man.

They replaced torrin with an abomination unto man and god

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
heh he has a hand gun

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Poison Mushroom posted:

Toku Thread V3: PR, please be good.

why would it be good? it never was.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
and tmnt the next mutation. but for real i would watch a beetleborg movie

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

deadly_pudding posted:

I was about to chime in with "Jack Black as Flabber", but then I thought... what if Jack Black plays Karl Ziktor in a VR Troopers movie, instead? Just a completely hammy cartoonishly amoral capitalist who does like bombastic little white guy touchdown dances when the Troopers get into some kinda trouble halfway through the movie. I think Jack Black could do a really good parody of Leonardo DiCaprio's character in Wolf of Wall Street, who then transforms into Grimlord for a final showdown near the end of the movie.

Looking forward to when all the dumb poo poo I loved in the 90s gets cinematic universes. I'm looking at you, Mummies Alive.

I could never get into VR troopers so uhh i dunno but jack black as flabber would be good

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Waffleman_ posted:

The time is ripe for

MASKED

RIDER

kamen rider is now the brand name in america too

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masked_Rider_(TV_series)

seriously this poo poo is awful like drat.

edit: looking over dragon knight it at least seems like it could be enjoyable

Elfgames fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Feb 4, 2016

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Light Gun Man posted:

While I'm bringing up Voltron in a live action thread, there was supposedly some kind of script floating around for a movie version that had two key things I remember:

1) Sven turns out to be a traitor, which they also did in some comics I think, and I think is dumb as poo poo because he was perfectly loyal in the show.
2) they built the lions at a junkyard from old washing machines and cars and poo poo, and then when they combined into Voltron it would somehow look like it was all meant to be together as a cohesive whole. I thought this was kind of a neat idea, but everyone else I saw responding to it hated that.

I'd rather the lions not be junk please

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Light Gun Man posted:

Goku Bowling Shirt Ranger
Three Wolf Ranger
Jorts Ranger
Cargo Pants Ranger
Sweat Pants Ranger
6th is Utilikilt Ranger

Goon Sentai coming along well.

unshaven sentai goonranger

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Serious Frolicking posted:

Akari never gives up trying to understand this whole ganma thing with science, because she believes in herself. Onari does everything he can and is willing to risk his life to help people, as though he is intent on making his life burn bright. Takeru whines and mopes a lot and then wins fights because he was given incredible power. I guess he can also provide life-saving hugs, though he hasn't done it in a while. That's something, at least?

you guys are being really hard on takeru

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Reds posted:

You try to sell me on Takeru. He barely has a personality. "i believe in myself" and "i should protect my friends" is not a personality.

Takeru's power progression is exactly the type I dislike: he's handed more power whenever things start to get tough rather than solve the problem through his own power. It's kind of mandatory these days since we have a shitload of power-ups to sell, but Takeru completely blew through his time limit lazing around doing nothing for weeks at a time and was handed power having overcome no adversity. Takeru has not convinced me that he's done enough to earn his power.

Getting a you stronger form that renders your base form completely obsolete and screws over the second rider very quickly is a constant problem in new series.

i'm not saying he's great but you guys make him out to be awful. also we actually don't know what he was doing during the time skips as time was skipped but i assume it would be pretty hard to find a person with an item of the hero's who's also super passionate about them, like whenever a case came in he was always the one investigating using his ghost powers. also he was gifted his power through his self sacrifice+his dads sacrifice for him. it's way better than kouta(?) from gaim literally being given power or hell even gentaro didn't really earn any of his power untill the final one.

also maybe it's just me but i always took his spouting "I belive in myself and gonna make my life burn bright" as more fake it until you make it deals.

edit: also i didn't watch drive, gaim had killed my interest in rider and i thought the suit was ugly so i skipped it

Elfgames fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Feb 12, 2016

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Some Numbers posted:

This is like skipping Fourze to watch Wizard.

eh i liked wizard and fourze about the same (wizard is a worse series for sure but drat i love the costumes and belts)

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
name anything exceptional about fourze outside of gentaro

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

AzraelNewtype posted:

an exceptional protagonist is significantly more than wizard has to account for itself, so im not sure this is the path you want to take

gentaro is a great character and he carries the show well. but they both have huge stretches of meandering non plot, poor villains, terrible side characters (i hated wizards less because there were less of them) also wizard has a legitimately great character in nitou (who even got to be the actual real hero which was kinda cool.) fourze had even more useless powers many of them poping up once and never again, wizard just got too many upgrades (mostly looking at the stupid drago time gauntlet thingy), fourze's suits were really ugly and meteor fought with a beyblade, both series had really underused main villains.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

mikeycp posted:

I'm really not seeing the negative here.

you're right that was literally the only good thing about meteor

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
one of them was a loving pug and i had an instant burn it with fire response. also why the gently caress is the elephant the forest representative?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

mikeycp posted:

Of course someone who doesn't like Fourze would think something like this.

pugs are man's greatest sin

edit also i never said i didn't like fourze i thought it was pretty okay same as wizard, i just felt that it was really bland outside of gentaro (and i was reminded that meteor's belt was pretty cool i had forgotten that) and the secondary cast is increadably awful

Elfgames fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Feb 16, 2016

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

T.G. Xarbala posted:

In Asia, elephants live in jungles

incidentally the tiger girl gets the snow theme instead of jungle because the closest tigers to Japan live in Siberia, further north than even Hokkaido (ie. Japan's Alaska)

Ah cool, don't know much about asian elephants. also loving how much hate i get for saying two shows are merely okay.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Should have made him a human, i would have found it amusing to see a big ole people face on his chest he could have represented the city and then the sixth ranger could have been the eagle instead of three animal shirt crying to the moon. (even if that is awesome)

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Killer Queen posted:

Makoto using Shotaro's "Let's count up your sins" catchphrase was hilarious. Onari replying with a "That's hard-boiled, Makoto!" quip was comical too. The Legendary Rider Souls specials are amazing. :allears:

also loved terror's resigned "welp i guess i'll go back now"

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
the badguy's base is a bow and arrow roulette

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Literally The Worst posted:

Hiking Sentai Rangerranger

Ranger Sentai Hikranger

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Pinwiz11 posted:

River Sentai Kayakranger

nah the kayak is either the sixth ranger or the mecha

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
there are like 2 coups going on. the sage definately doesn't want the utopia that is the ganma world and the oldest son seems to be preparing something too

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

drrockso20 posted:

I really hope that after Ninja Steel, Saban will ditch Nickelodeon cause their asinine scheduling is just a terrible thing for the franchise

yeah but saban got rid of torrin and replaced him with...that thing.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
obviously with her honorable nature the ganma wouldn't preform a sneak attack from invisibility.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
yeah kids don't use gaia memories, be like this dude who...uses gaia memories to become a totally badass superhero

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Stallion Cabana posted:

It doesn't seem like the Ganma took the Eyecons. Or rather, they did, but not for THEIR desires.

They took them for the Minister, who had them all gathered around the thing that became the new Eyecon Driver. So it seems like he was actively trying to create the Eyecon Driver G with the Eyecons. I'm not sure what the Sage's plan is anymore, because on one side why not just give Takeru the Eyecon Driver then, but on the other when Takeru started losing faith in himself he got angry at him, but that could also have been because Takeru having faith in himself- or reaffirming that faith- led to all of the Heroic Eyecons going to help him. So even us with information that Takeru doesn't have still don't really know what the hell the Sage is after, which makes sense why he'd be so fed up with the Sage and Yurusen being so mysterious. I'd be pretty tired of being treated like a pawn too, when coupled with the realization that even after beating Javert twice he just came back even stronger to the point that even the guy that Takeru could not beat and Makoto couldn't even scratch him together, I'd probably say 'gently caress this poo poo' too.

Im thinking that the sage's plan has something to do with yurusen and those weird floating plate things . also holy poo poo the eyecon driver G sounds great that music was awesome.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Not digging that suit but yeah the eyecon is :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
they always do that..or did they not with drive?

• Locked thread