Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Literally The Worst posted:

maybe we could stop with the dick-measuring and wailing about historical inaccuracies

The what now? Nobody's doing that, they're just talking dude.

That bike is pretty fuckin' sweet though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

It's not a typical toku fight, but I goddamn loved in Kabuto when the Cassis worm fought in human form against Gatack. He looks like a hilarious nerd, so when he went up against Gatack I was like "Haha, look at this nerd, are we supposed to take him- :stare:SERIOUSLY?!" It came down to the fact that they took full advantage of the fact that the actor wasn't in a bulky suit so he could just wail as fast as he could to sell the craziness of the worm even before he pulled out his time stop power.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

quote:

Israelite wanted the costume to be immediately recognizable as belonging to the Power Rangers, while give them a “really modern, edgy, badass, aspirational quality.”

Pfffft hahahaha!

quote:

“We’ve really pushed ourselves to make them feel different from any other superhero costume that’s out there,” Israelite said. “One key that’s different to the Power Ranger suits is that they’re not really suits that people get into. They’re suits that morph onto our kids, so they already have this almost metaphysical quality to them.”

So it's Kamen Rider. They've described Kamen Rider.

mikeycp posted:

I would watch a camping sentai. Just saying.

You kind of get that with Hibiki. Though I haven't seen much of Hibiki.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

No, it's pretty much Kamen Rider Camping. The most disappointing thing I can think of about Hibiki is that it stopped being some kind of weird musical a couple episodes in. That first episode is surreal as hell.

I did only say kind of. As far as I understand it the series has a lot more to do with teamwork than most KR things, but I've only seen the first five or so episodes so I don't really know poo poo.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Sounds like a good time.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Akett fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 16, 2016

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Maybe I need to try watching Wizard again now that I've seen a lot more Kamen Rider, but I liked what I saw of it (up to getting the infinity dragon form) way more than Ghost. As much as I love Alain I was generally more entertained on an episode by episode basis by Wizard. Might be that I was watching it with friends and things were fresh and new to me.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I'm still waiting on the second or third episode of Kyuranger before I think it's earned, but I think a good thread title would be "2017 Toku Thread: Year of the Hot Mess."

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Burkion posted:

They need an animal theme in the helmets, and yeah a belt, but otherwise these are much stronger designs.

Also look, no tit armor on the girls!

They kind of have the animal theme if you compare the helmets against each other. It's strongest on the yellow and blue helmets. They could pronounce it better, but I do still like the subtlety.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I have a whole ton of sympathy for Dan's actor, all that screaming must have been hell on his throat.

Tangents posted:

I mean, at this point in Ghost we were all saying 'it's really picking up,' it's hard to judge something that's not even halfway through.

At this point in Ghost the only thing keeping the show interesting was Alain, who was already the only rider with any personality remaining, and actually changed and grew over time. It's a shame later on once he completed his character arc he was almost as static and boring as the other two. There was SOME promise in the Ganma world utopia plot but that always managed to deflate immediately after it would pick up steam. When Takeru was angry at Alain about the "utopia" was the first time Takeru showed anything resembling a personality since he got over being a wimp, but then the very next episode he was afraid of the Ganma world instead of angry at the state it was in. Alain's father getting killed led to the only fight I liked in the series when Takeru went berserk on a group of mooks and the choreography enhanced the emotions involved with heavy powerful moves, but that was also the episode they introduced the Ganmizers, the most boring villains I've ever seen.

Right now Ex-Aid has just killed off half of it's villains and the only set up for the direction the plot is going to go in manages to somehow be stuck in the mystery box despite laying out the goal it seems to be heading toward. I'm somewhat hopeful for Ex-Aid, but I'm trying not to raise my expectations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I loved Masamune Dan because he was an anime Vince McMahon with being a corporate heel and also because of how clever he was with how he went about fighting the heroes.

• Locked thread