Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Elfgames posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masked_Rider_(TV_series)

seriously this poo poo is awful like drat.

edit: looking over dragon knight it at least seems like it could be enjoyable

Dragon Knight, having seen it, is a bunch of enthusiastic amateurs who really only l don't quite know what they're doing trying their hardest and sometimes succeeding in sheer passion. Just get used to interminable "previously on" segments, bizarre spinning camera work during exposition scenes that's become an inside joke with my toku viewing friends, and some really bad comedic relief. (A lot of the series became more impressive when I found out they did it on half the power l per episode budget of a Power Rangers episode of the time, and with only two and a half days to film for each episode.)

On the plus side, they managed to get a bunch of their fight scenes and effects to look better than the Ryuki ones. Although, even as someone who's favorite Rider series is Ryuki, that's not the highest bar to clear. It's watchable and I found it entertaining in a very cheesy way, but Dragon Knight is rather flawed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

I'm legitimately amazed he survived so I'm seriously hoping he's just around for the rest of the series.

Yeah, that completely surprised me and then I had to explain to the people in the room with me (I was watching this at home with headphones on a laptop) when I suddenly stated out loud "Oh man! They pulled a Mole Beastman!"

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

John McClane posted:

Looks like Amazon is the next Rider to get a tribute for Super Hero Year, more details in 8 days.

Eh, that teaser image isn't quite distinct enough for me to be sure it's Amazon. Personally, I can't tell, although I have a friend who thinks it looks like Gills. Which seems... rather unlikely. (As much as I like Gills, there's very little chance he's being brought back for something.)

EDIT: I'm totally up for Amazon if it's him, since Amazon is my favorite Showa Rider. They probably wouldn't be using the original script though because I think he's both retired from acting and well, Amazon is a role that I find harder to imagine looking good when you're older, appearance-wise.

gourdcaptain fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 10, 2016

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Pyroi posted:

Larri the Gorilla is pretty great.

Right after he showed up I was wondering if he had the same voice actor as Joseph Joestar in the recent Stardust Crusaders part of the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure anime. Especially once he does the big NOOOO. Yep, one Google search later, I found out both are played by Unshō Ishizuka. Cool.

Less impressed with the ZyuohGorilla suit and already getting Red exclusive powerups, though.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Also throw in a tinge of Takeru's frustration over being surrounded by people who clearly know more than they're letting on but won't tell him anything just boiling over.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Larryb posted:

It would be nice to see some of the movie Riders get a bit more focus one day (particularly Shin, who just kind of shows up now and is occasionally seen fighting something. Poor guy hasn't even gotten a line of dialogue since his movie).

Shin just wants to be beloved by children, is that too much to ask? :P Shin is one of my favorite Rider movies for all the wrong reasons - the gloriously incomprehensible speech from the one crazy scientist about how grasshoppers are a true nation of telepathic warriors who will one day overthrow God never fails to make me laugh.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I think I've watched Shin maybe four times and I still don't know if I get what the gently caress is going on in that movie at all.

Look, there's the Organization (which organization, you may ask? It's not important) who wants to do... things involving Shin, and then there's the psychic half-grasshopper baby that's somehow got immense powers and is already self aware and able to survive without the mother despite it being less than a week after it's conceived and there's also cyborgs and well, uh...

Shin is like if you got a bunch of Silver Age comic book writers and told them to write a gritty 80's/90's style gorefest OVA.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Darksaber posted:

I enjoyed Amazons a lot. I never watched actual Amazon, so I didn't really go in expecting anything, but that first episode left me wanting more.

Honestly, apart from some visual nods (yay, Mole Beastman) and the Rider designs, Amazons at the moment doesn't seem to have much with the original KR Amazon. It feels more to me like Shin Kamen Rider, only competently done. Mind you, there may be some more ties to Amazon original introduced later, and I did enjoy Amazons first episode a lot.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

tbh the Gaim comparison is kind of Apt in some ways because it reminds me of that scene where Kaito is fighting a guy using his Sengoku Driver, then mid fight he takes off his belt, and then, while somehow still remaining transformed, put on his Genesis Driver and turned into Lemon Energy Arms.
Honestly, I just took that one as something that of course Professor Ryouma would spend hours trying to develop a way for that to be possible. It seems entirely in his ballpark, see the entire reason for bizarre belt sayings in that series being him feeling like it. (I love that the other Genesis belts besides his and Kaito's lack that, presumably because his co-workers told him to knock it the heck off.)

deadly_pudding posted:

Yeah, letting Takeru summon Heroic Ghosts to use the toys for him was a pretty good move on that particular front. Now all the weapons can be out at once, theoretically.
Even given Wizard's issues, the DragoTimer was a pretty neat upgrade concept, so I'm glad to see them use something like that again.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

Amazons 2 is: Good.

I hope they take a moment to explain the belts, because it feels like kind of a weird rear end-pull in a show that's otherwise pretty detail-oriented:v:
At any rate, Exterminator Mercenaries continue to be my new favorite toku characters, and I really appreciate the show's commitment to the old ultra-violence.

Liked the episode too, but the belts feel like Marketing's one concession for the series. They really shouldn't be saying "Alpha" or "Omega" given the feel of the rest of the show.

Also, calling the not-Big Slice finisher the Violent Punish is just absurd and made me laugh so hard. I do like how chipped and beat up Alpha's driver is though.

gourdcaptain fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 13, 2016

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Is Amazons worth watching if I haven't seen the original?

Unless there's some twist later on, the amount of actual connection this has with the original Amazon beyond some designs and a few nods is basically none. Not that it makes this bad, but it really does feel more like Shin Kamen Rider even. (Only done in any way well.)

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

As far as I'm aware none of the Grongi kill more than a couple dozen people(not counting that one that goes nuclear for some reason when it blows up), Spider Dopant kills at least several hundred people during his final rampage, possibly even several thousand depending on how many people got killed by the explosions he caused(and this is just with a basic Gaia Memory, can't imagine how much stronger Spider would be using that belt that Nazca uses, or a T2 version)

Ugh, the Spider Dopant thing has always annoyed me because well, it depends on those spider bomb things not going away when the monster is defeated, like happens in most Toku series, and even W itself. Entirely as a justification for Akiko's dad being right in being an absentee father, because you see, otherwise the spider bombs would blow him and her up. Mind you, it's nowhere near the worst thing in Movie Wars Core, but it's annoying.

In terms of monster mass kills, do have to mention when Roshuo in Gaim redirected nuclear missiles launched at him back at USA. And that there's mention at the end of the series of aid work still going on in America. So in other words, either Gaim's not in continuity (which I'm fine with, but Movie Wars/KR Taisen disagree), or the USA's a recovering smoking radioactive crater in future series. Which was eminently amusing when in a few months in Drive, Gou just shows up from America. Queue joking among friends he came from a Fist of the North Star-esque setting.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

I just assumed that most of those redirected nukes, while still hitting American territory, mostly hit uninhabited areas(for example most of Nevada and Alaska are uninhabited by humans), cause remember the United States is freaking huge, so assuming Roshuo didn't have a specific target in mind, statistically he probably didn't cause all that much damage(at least in terms of lives lost, probably quite a bit of environmental damage though)

Eh, fallout, nuclear winter, who knows. It's a rather vague incident.

Although in terms of "vague incidents" and mass murderers in Toku, Shirou Kanzaki in Kamen Rider Ryuki, who depending on how you read the ending of that series either killed or was responsible for around a dozen or so people, around a dozen or so people several times, thousands of people in monster attacks, thousands of people in monster attacks multiple times literally everyone, literally everyone multiple times, or absolutely nobody.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Larryb posted:

I really liked the latest episode of Ghost, though now that Alain is officially a good guy now I'd kind of like to see him get an upgrade of his own at some point. I forget, has a Third Rider ever gotten an alternate form before? The only one I can think of that comes close is Gills in Agito.

Blade, no matter how you define who is the third Rider in that series, since Chalice and Garren both get upgrades (IMHO, third Rider is Garren, Chalice is more integral to the plot). Kabuto, because all non-Hopper Brothers Riders have a Masked and a Rider form. Decade, because they steal regular Kuuga's suits when Yuuske can remember he's a Rider plus the mess that is the Rising Ultimate Kuuga suit. And then Gaim, because Gaim was just overflowing with Rider forms. (Since it has both Baron and Zangetsu getting upgrades at the least).

gourdcaptain fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 11, 2016

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Cliff Racer posted:

He got more than the other Ninninjers put together but not all that much more. If anything I'd say that all of the ToQgers got shafted, they felt more like guest stars in a Ninninjer episode than an equal part of the movie, most of their supporting cast didn't even show up.

Yeah, as someone who's a ToQGer fan and didn't really get into Ninninjer, I spent the film just feeling really bored. Or frustrated, because I find Takaharu's actors screaming irritating.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Cernunnos posted:

I'm fired up :geno:

I find that shows obsession with Takaharu from what I've seen of it and that movie frustrating because of all the characters to overly focus on (and I'm not a fan of red over focus in Rider), why the one with the noticeably bad acting on their catchphrase? I mean, I'm not a Daigo fan or a fan of Kyoruger in general, and I find Daigo annoying, but his actor does sound like he's genuinely trying in the part. (Same with my issues with Zyuohger, but I'm primarily a Rider guy anyway.)

I say this admittedly at the same time I'm currently rewatching Kamen Rider Blade with a friend with the newish and vastly improved Turn Up release (still a bit shaky, but there aren't at least episodes in a 16x3 aspect ratio and the video quality makes a huge difference) and loving the terrible/hammy acting in that. The difference there is that almost all the Blade actors seem like complete newbs at times, but there's passion to it making it rather endearing. Ranging from Kenzaki communicating entirely in shouts to Tachibana... just being Tachibana. Plus, I just love the early Heisei Rider shows in general, they go with my tastes.

EDIT: Between Kenzaki being a socially unadept loner with no friends prior to the series with no volume control, Hajime still trying to figure out this whole human interaction thing starting from square zero, Mutsuki being a shy dork possessed frequently by the world's dumbest spider monster outside of Kiva, and Tachibana, my friend and I have nicknamed the series the League of Socially Awkward Riders.

gourdcaptain fucked around with this message at 10:06 on May 18, 2016

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

how can you even compare Yamato's actor with Takaharu's in acting.

He's got more expression in this one scene then Takaharu ever had.

Uh, I meant while I dislike Tomato's character and I'm not a Zyuohger fan, his actor IS acting. Ambiguous phrasing, sorry.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Acne Rain posted:

Just out of curiousity, were any of the Pre-W kamen rider villains particularly sympathetic or have had somewhat noble goals?

Randomly noticed that every villain faction W onwards is sympathetic (except I don't know about wizard but gently caress wizard), but from what I've seen of Kuuga and Ryuki just had monsters, and I don't know much about the showa era.

The big bad of Ryuki is sympathetic to an extent in that his backstory is incredibly screwed up but is a terrible, terrible person, and there's a couple antagonistic but sympathetic Riders in that series. Faiz has a LOT of sympathetic monsters, some of which are antagonists, some of which are secondary protagonists. Blade had some sympathetic grey area people. Kiva had some sympathetic monsters of the week. Kabuto's got a sympathetic grey area person depending on how you look at them.

Agito's big bad is supposed to be sympathetic I think, but they botch it hard for me. There's also a pseudo-Rider who starts out hilariously crazy but gets likable near the end of his run.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Literally The Worst posted:

and then they'd have to go back and do the old ones!

*Crosses fingers for eventual Liveman box set.*

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Cliff Racer posted:

Oh how quickly we forget Agito's rear end in a top hat Murderer Rider.

Oh yeah, the amazingly absurd guy who thinks he's Revolver Ocelot possessed by Liquid's arm.

Technically, I think Another Agito isn't officially supposed to be a Rider, which I find eminently silly. Personally, my guess for that is I've heard the Gills and Another Agito costumes were damaged in a roof leak on where they were storing them, and while they can cover for Gills, a major character with Gills Exceed (IMHO the best designed suit for most of the first decade of Heisei Rider) they've got zip for Another Agito. And they're certainly not merchandising him again, so why pay for a replacement for All Riders crossover shots when you can just forget him.

Also, in medical Riders, we also have Kamen Rider X as of Kamen Rider Wars being a medical doctor. And maybe Professor Ryouma/KR Duke who managed to transplant his own brain into Hakaider somehow.

None of this changes that the Ex-Aid suit colors hurt my eyes.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

I've dropped ghost at this point. I'll wait for Ex-Aid to get my hopes up so as to prepare them to be dashed again.

As for episode 1999 of Super Sentai, it looks like Navi got a paint job and Marvelous isn't quite back into character. He seemed a lot more dead in his lines. Also lol at getting doubles for the ToQger kids. I really wish they'd do a 10 person Gokai change for Zyuohger. I hope we'll at least get the 6ths.
Ghost is just kind of epic failing right now. Although the "Jack, I was the one who killed your parents. bit was both hilariously out of nowhere and contradicts the Ghost/Drive crossover movie completely. Which was also pretty terrible, honestly. (And then they had the random bit in the show of the Sage saying he could resurrect ghosts, but not Take anymore. Probably just to cut off the questions from the random resurrection he did in that movie. Man, the Sage is just the worst character.)

As someone who doesn't watch Zyuohger regularly, the weirdest part of that episode (other than ZyuohTheWorld's first line being raw elemental essence of stock reindeer dialogue) was during the giant exposition dump scene Marvelous just standing to the side, with either him or his actor or both just looking completely annoyed and bored.

Also watched the Kamen Rider ZX special for the first time last night. Interesting to see there's a legacy of that kind of bad crossover back to the early days. Also, I love that ZX gets a supporting cast in the opening exposition dump who never shows up until like the last three minutes.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

Marvelous looking annoyed and bored with plot dumps is totally in his character though..

It is. I'm just wondering why you'd get a crossover cast for an episode and then have for half of it them standing around and not doing anything during an exposition dump.

I did laugh uncontrollably at the bit of Gai begging the child ToQGers for access to their ranger keys. Even if his actors current hair made me confuse him for Doc for a second.

Edit: The Ghost final boss is a recolor? Man, again after the Gold Drive awful suit (that color scheme, yeah, there was Sigma but it didn't amount to much). I still find it hilarious there are three different evil Drive copies in Drive and associated material. Were they that short on money or they couldn't think of anything else? And now Ghost has one evil Ghost (and a different guy using the same suit), a different Specter and an evil-ish clone, and four evil-ish Necroms. Enough copy spam, jeez.

I mean, the final episode of Gaim was against a recolor, but in-universe it was just a lousier version of the same guy from the movie and mostly existed to give the remaining people someone to fight for the purposes of character stuff. (I do love that nobody but Kouta had any idea who he was.)

gourdcaptain fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Sep 5, 2016

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

I know it was just a flimsy excuse (and maybe a big part of why Bunglay has that power), but I found it funny they just spat out guys Marvelous had no way of getting actual memories of.

That, combined with summoning Bladerun/Brazil, a man who almost literally exists to betray others, even when he has no memories. (I'm much more of a fan of Goseiger than most, which is probably helped by having started with the Millonfold Curiosity subs on it.) Seriously, summoning Bladerun apart from in a "we had the suit and will use it without any reference to the actual character" context is basically suicidal. Enter's almost as bad in that department.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Goseiger had a decent idea behind its series but tumbled a bit during the Yumaju and Matrintis arcs. I'll stand by a lot of the Bladerun stuff being better than the hero stuff though.

Also Bladerun's suit is pretty cool so I like to see it. Also because it makes me laugh to see final bosses killed by comparatively weak attacks.

I'm actually the opposite on that, I find the Warstar arc boring a lot of the time, and I'm rather fond of the UMA and to a slightly lesser degree Machintris arcs. Although that's mostly due to Kin-Gong and Mc-Quen being the only villains I know of to win a plot by the power of friendship and the general insanity the show frequently spirals into during that time. Also, the bit where the UMA leaders get rid of Bladerun after they figure out he's trying to screw them over (because they've been best friends for thousands upon thousands of years) and steal his stuff, then off him by way chucking him into the way of the Goseiger's team cannon is the best thing. Bladerun thinks he's a master planner, but he really isn't, which is a thing I like in that series.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

Toku Thread V3: Ex-Aid Please Be Good

Edit Gonna update my karate punchmans opinions on the first page to include Ghost. Any complaints about :

Ghost: Starts bad, gets good in the middle, ends bad. Good secondary rider being the only reason to watch it. Incredibly wasted potential, and great suit designs attached to an awful, go-nowhere plot. It's basically Wizard 2.0.

That's about right. Although I''d say "Starts somewhat bad, gets good in the middle, then gets even worse."

gourdcaptain fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Sep 15, 2016

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Oh totally, that's the best part about the UMA arc. King and Queen are great, but it seemed like the UMA arc had a shitload of filler episodes that dragged things down. The beach one with Hyde getting really hot, Eri making someone a cake, and the fluffball monster making people fall in love all strike me as some of Goseiger's weaker points.

Eh, I liked the first and second of those filler episodes (and most of the others) due to how absurd they get (and the first one for having a Sentai monster who's plan is acknowledged to be absurdly unworkable in universe) combined with Gosei Knight's complete "I have literally no idea what is going on here and don't care other than it is annoyingly in the way of what I need to do" reactions to a lot of things combined with his hamminess. The third of those is pretty bad though.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Unfortunately, Kageyama involvement doesn't necessitate a good series, given he did do the (awesome) vocal tracks for notorious schlock anime OAV M.D. Geist. The hilarious thing to me is that M.D. Geist of all things, as I found out semi-recently, is the first thing Riku Sanjou (the writer for W/Fourze/Kyoruger/Drive among other things) wrote. Would not have guessed that.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

I like both the Decade and Diend suits :saddowns:

I agree with you about Complete Form, though. I think I'm not super picky about Rider suits, though. The only modern suit I really actively dislike is Ryuki.

I like the Decade base suits a lot too, but I don't actively dislike any of the Heisei main suits other than Agito for being Kuuga v2. To be fair to Ryuki, it's in this weird transitional state of suit design for Rider. To be unfair, they made it out of some material I think I remember hearing they never used again and is visibly falling apart by the end of the series and they had to remake most of them for Dragon Knight. (Although my "favorite" visibly damaged Toku prop is when Ankh in OOO visibly had scotch tape on the arm prop near the end of the series.) Also, the Ryuki suits bunch up a ridiculous amount.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

What, no love for Kota running around in the first episode's monster suit?

That's pretty bad too, but it doesn't have the sheer hilarity of using scotch tape on a prop in a scene where the prop has to get wet.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

John McClane posted:

Either way, if a well deserved rest for O-T results in more new faces popping up in the fansubbing scene, it can only be good for toku as a whole.

Plus hey, it might mean we get a complete Timeranger sub before the DVD sets get there in... probably 4 years if they make it that far.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

Ex-Aid seems neat, I'm assuming a few episodes in the Level 1 form will be like Armored form from Kabuto and they'll just completely skip it when he transforms.

Hopefully it won't have the bit later on when Kabuto tried to convince the audience that Masked Form was worth using (despite Clock Up being so powerful none of the Masked forms other than Gatack's with the cannons was worth it) and awkwardly a few times has them use Put On to go back into Masked Form.

It says something that when Tendon is trying to lose in an episode he stays in Masked Form and immediately goes to Rider when he actually starts trying.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

One time he used Put On to parry an attack, which was cool. But yeah, Kabuto's suit gimmick was kind of a waste, especially since Kabuto specifically had a hyper form that only worked with Rider Form.

Especially since Hyper Clock Up is "basically win everything if he'd actually remember to use it most of the time except for the one guy with better timestop, and he died in a stupid way anyway."
I just finished a Kabuto rewatch with the new YoY set, and that show is a glorious mess.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

I wanted to like Kabuto so much. :saddowns:

TheBee still has my favorite toku costume ever, though.

TheBee suit is great. It's just that it has an interesting and likeable guy in it for three episodes (Yagaruma), my personal favorite Kabuto character for two (Kagami), then discount incompetent Kusaka for twenty-odd (Kageyama) and then he and Yagaruma quit to become crazy leather-wearing hoboes. Seriously, if anyone has any idea what the production was thinking with the Hopper Brothers, I'd love to know it. They're amusing to me, but in a combination of sheer disbelief, absurdity, and so bad it's goodness, and they have actively nothing to do with the plot.

Also, I love that ZECT never manages to get another TheBee after Kageyama drops it. I guess nobody wanted to deal with the inexplicable full chest Bee tattoo. (My favorite moment of sheer absurdity in Kabuto is Kagami's dad explaining the Red Shoes System while melodramatically dancing. And then it amounts to nothing with the villains disabling it offscreen before its brief mention in the pentultimate episode after all the melodrama they spent on establishing it.)

Favorite goofy So-Bad-It's-Good Rider series is still Agito, though (well, the G3 and Gills parts of Agito are legit good, but the villains are so gloriously bizarre and occasionally nonsensical and Shouichi so disconnected from the plot most of the time). Plus, it has Project G4, with the crazy military commander who tells orphans they don't deserve normal lives, built a suit that kills its user after like fifteen minutes, and keeps all the frozen corpses of the previous users on display at her base (which must do wonders for morale.)

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

I got the impression that TheBee infects its user with nanomachines for "reasons", but then you would think that all of the other Zectors would be doing that, too. I don't think Tendou ever had a bitchin Kabuto back tattoo.

There was a lot of stuff in Kabuto that makes me think that the writers were just kind of tossing ideas at a wall, and then forgetting that they were there when they ran out of space and moved to a different wall. It's kind of unforgivable in a series that's guaranteed to be 52 episodes or less, of which maybe 30 will be important :v:

Wait, those are supposed to be nanomachines? All I remember is Kagami talking about "the mark" of TheBee when it occured to him.

Kabuto's writing in general feels like Shoji Yonemura (the head writer) trying to be Toshiki Inoue in some places (especially Faiz) and doing it worse. This is hilarious given Inoue, as much as I'm the one weirdo who really likes Faiz and Kiva, just completely bleeds out on coherence around episode 40 in Faiz. Like, the entire deal with Tsurugi, as much as I love Tsurugi, is a bunch of remixed elements from Faiz. In general, all the bits with "are worms people too and deserve to live" is the Orphenoch stuff from Faiz only handled more incoherently, not helped by Tendo's sheer inability to generalize how he reacts to Hiyori to other Worm.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

I love the first thirty episodes of Hibiki. Then we hit the retool and my friend I was watching it with and I immediately dropped the series after episode 31.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I'm pretty sure it's Ryuki that was Metal Heros at first, Hibiki was just a really weird take on rider.

That's a really unconfirmed rumor on Ryuki, but the problem with any of this stuff from before the recent era is that nothing's translated to English on the production history side barring snippets here and there of hearsay a lot of the time.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Well, that trailer reminded me of the 2015 Fantastic Four movie. That's not a good sign.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

has there been a single good sign about this movie?

Oh no. But there's bad signs and then theres "is like one of the most notorious flops in recent memory."

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

Yeah, I kinda see this failing entirely out of a fail to appeal to the mass market. That is way too high a goal for what's currently looking like it's trying to be a cult classic movie.

I just can't get over one of the lower backer tiers being screensavers. Who uses a screensaver when almost all monitors are set to just power off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Larryb posted:

Shout Factory will be releasing Carranger on DVD as of April 25th.

Just four more seasons after this and we get Timeranger!

It's honestly a toss up of whether or not this will occur prior to Over-Time finishing subbing Timeranger.

• Locked thread