Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Blade (starting with ep 22), Boukenger, Decade (eps 1-13), original FMA anime, Angel Cop, Nadesico, and Eureka Seven: AO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat

Dexie posted:

That's the OOO movie, right?

So Ghost lifted a scene straight out of the OOO movie.

Fantastic. :sigh:

Nothing new. Hell, the Kakuranger movie lifted a bunch of model shots out of the first Zyuranger episode, Dekaranger reused Carranger Red Vehicle (trying to present Red Vehicle and Pat-Striker as the same thing) and there's one specific explosion shot that got used from Sharivan to PGSM and lots of stuff in between

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Bioman 40

Monster and Juo steal a car to go on a joyride. And Juo seems to watch The Beverly Hillbillies.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
In the last week, I've gotten scripts for the rest of the episodes. Only thing I don't have yet is the movie.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat

jivjov posted:

Got my Dairanger set today; its pretty much exactly the same as the Zyuranger set in terms of quality and presentation.

Minor differences: instead of the OP over the main menu and the ED over the Episode Select, the Dairanger set has the ED over the main and silence on the Episode Select.

First episode leads up with what I assume is the preview for Dairanger that would have aired after the final episode of Zyuranger. Cute to see.

Also, there's no bonus features of any kind. The Zyuranger set had a couple...but this one is just 5 episodes per disc, 10 discs total. I was hoping for at least a little featurette of what from Dairanger got taken for MMPR Season 2, but oh well.

Incidentally, the plastic case of my set suffered a bit in the post..if anyone knows a good source for the same type of DVD case, let me know. I checked amazon, but nothing seemed to quite match, and since the episode list is printed on the inside of the case sleeve, having everything line up the same is kinda important.

Contact Shout about it. When I got a broken case in the mail on a VR Troopers set they sent a replacement.

ALSO:
Gavan 1-6

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat

Burkion posted:

suit talk clipped for length

The Space Sheriffs, Juspion and Spielban each had three distinct suits for their heroes. The chrome hero suit (which for Juspion was almost entirely limited to the end credits), a stunt suit made of glossy hard plastic, and a different stunt suit made from some sort of flexible plastic. And depending on what was required for the shot, they'd mix and match the hard and soft suits.

And the soft suits really stood out. Toei tried to lessen this with Sharivan by having sparkly stuff in the soft stunt suit, but it didn't really work that well.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat

Burkion posted:

Yeah, the white suit for Gavan is the plastic one and the gray is the soft one I think- I wasn't even aware they had a chrome suit for Juspion to be honest!

With Gavan the soft suit was the one used most for his series. Sharivan I never noticed the difference between his soft and plastic suits, but that's more because I've only seen Sharivan with the poo poo quality DVDs I mentioned.

I'm a sucker for chrome and super shiny things, so I love the idea of it, but it was such a terrible concept to try to take into tokustatsu especially at this point. Even nowadays I don't think they could make a series using the Gavan chrome suit.

Sharivan hard suit:

Sharivan soft suit:

Juspion hero suit:

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Bioman 42 is out.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Liveman DVD 40-44

Should have next Bioman out tomorrow.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Bioman 43

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Bioman 44

Also, I wonder why Toei didn't do video compositing here. It would have let them rescale that hand as it slid out, so it wouldn't look, well, like that.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Bioman 45 is out

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Bioman 46 is out

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Last five episodes of Liveman are out

Now those old .avi files of an even older Toei Channel broadcast can go in the trash where they belong.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Cool, now where's more Gavan?!

Grom GUIS? It's a Metal Heroes series that isn't Spielban, so Shir wouldn't touch it unless he was getting paid.
From Bunny Hat Subs? Never. We dropped it as a sub project years ago.
From Bunny Hat Raws? When Toei either makes more Gavan, or finally gets around to remastering that show.
From MFC? My involvement began and ended years ago when I made the raws they're using.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
We're doing Changeman and Flashman after we get the remaining Bioman episodes out.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat

Larryb posted:

Weren't you guys also working on Fiveman at some point? Any plans on starting that back up?

Fiveman has been dropped. (That was with the TL from Elite Justice)

ALSO:
I really like the design of Bee Cowgirl from this week's Ghost. Also: plot stuff finally happened!

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Bioman 47

Just four episodes and the movie left.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Tsuburaya has put up the first episode of Ultraman Nexus with English subtitles on their Youtube channel with an announcement that the series is coming to Crunchyroll.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Bioman 48

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Bioman 49

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Bioman 50

Ultraman Nexus 03

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat

Dr Tran posted:

JyuOhger rumors say 6 (3+3) team of Red Eagle, Blue Shark, Yellow Lion and White Tiger, Green Elephant, Black Gorilla.

I call bullshit on Yellow Lion being the name. Toei used that in Liveman. (Also, they haven't used something other than [shared name] [color] or [color] [shared name] for the core group since Dairanger.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Bioman 51, Changeman 00, Flashman 00

FOR THE MAN!

EDIT:
Gavan 7-11

FortMax fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Dec 5, 2015

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
RED ALERT

RED ALERT

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

TOEI CHANNEL HAS AIRED THE FIRST EIGHT EPISODES OF MASKED RIDER KUUGA, AND THEY HAVE COMPONENT MASTERS

I REPEAT: THEY HAVE COMPONENT MASTERS OF KUUGA

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Kuuga was not shot in 1080p. It was shot in 1080i.

And if it was shot in 1080p, it would have been either 30fps or 24fps.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Changeman 01 and Flashman 01

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
So, Kuuga. Holy poo poo that's an improvement

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Kuuga's terrible CGI has never looked so good.

FortMax fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Dec 7, 2015

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Why are you posting Beast Wars in the Toku thread?

Please, Beast Wars had much better CGI than that.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Kuuga 1-8 raws from the Toei Channel broadcast

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Go-Onger had yellow and silver.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

This is also the first time a Green, and White have been on the same team (not counting JAKQ because Big One is not at all a traditional White Ranger.) This after Ninninger was the first team to have Pink and White.

Changeman has pink and white.

Larryb posted:

Yes it is, it's also the first female blue since Hurricanger (as well as the first female to have what's generally considered the "male" shade of blue since Liveman) and the first time we've had a male yellow two years in a row since Gaoranger-Hurricanger.
Magiranger.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Changeman 02

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Flashman 02

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat