Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Kiva gave us Ixa-cise at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPgq4cCthaE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Ain't nothing better than TaJaDor

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFueQVmNqv4

This is the greatest scene in toku history.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

My favorite part was Gou trying to punch Chase only for him to unknowingly dodge by playfully spinning around, only for Gou to roll into chewing on his towel in frustration.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I.

I don't even know what the proper response to that is.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I can't believe they're Weekend at Bernies-ing Shinno's corpse.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I wish I wasn't spoiled on Nira's true nature, but I thought the conclusion to that arc was still enormously satisfying.

One thing that still stands out to me is also what a decent guy Heart seems to be. Like. Obviously he has evil intentions, but he's just so affable and charming.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Okay. Banno may be rivaling Dan in the pettiness department.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I legitimately like Lucky at this point. The actor is legitimately earnest about it, and he's not an egomaniac like Daigo and Takaharu. He's just really earnest and excited about life.

I don't really think the focus on him is that excessive and everyone else already has their own stories being set up and seeded. I'm excited to see more.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Watching the Drive movie.

Kiriko should have been a rider.

Rather surprised Super Dead Heat is just a stop gap form and not the key to fix everything like movie forms tend to be.

EDIT - why couldn't Ghost have been this cool in his own show

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Mar 21, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Oh, Type Special is the important movie form. Got it.

I kind of love how hideous it is.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Is it really that random? Isn't he basically the closest thing Ryuki has to a tertiary Rider?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

what upcoming miniseries is Another Agito showing up in?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Another Agito honestly looks like they were trying to invoke Shin.

I can't imagine WHY but. Yeah.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I've got four episodes of Drive, a Movie Wars, and Heart/Mach left of Drive and I don't want it to end.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That reminds me

anyone else find it supremely sad that the Drive movie uses Ghost's motif better than his entire series does?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So where the hell was the Den Liner crew in the Drive movie anyway.

You'd think Shinnosuke would have Yuuto on speed dial.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I have finished Drive aside from the remaining movies.

I'm emotionally upset.

EDIT - Also, Neo-Shade? G is canon?!

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 23, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I think on one level, Kiriya wanted to be the hero and take care of it himself

partly to spare Emu a bit, I think

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

And that's Movie War Genesis and Heart/Mach down.

I am so glad Genesis doesn't have to be my last memory of Drive because it is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawful.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Man, is it any surprise Emu gets along better with Lucky than his actual friends?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

At least Taiga and Hiiro are up front about it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

actually

in the new episode he seems to call them his friends, or at least comrades, and Taiga and Hiiro shoot him down.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Cernunnos posted:

To the guy who recently finished Drive:

Was that scene worth Chase's weapon's wierd gimmick?

Hell yes it was.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

"Burgeoning".

Please. They're already boyfriends.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

quote:

And now we get this, just a small cameo appearance that doesn't even have continuity. Why does Xiao have an Ex-Aid summoning Kyu Globe?

You're not familiar with the Video Gamer constellation?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so here's an interesting question

Of the nonstandard colors in the group, what Gokaiger would you match the Kyuranger up to if they hypothetically used ranger keys of them? I mean, Red, Green, Yellow, Green, and Blue are obvious but what about Orange, Silver, Gold, and Black?

I realize Don used the black ranger keys more often than not but him turning into a massive bruiser like Oushi Black feels

off

to me

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Brother Entropy posted:

in order: joe, ahim, don, luka

I can definitely see Don invoking Balance's antics.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Silver is pretty obvious too. And considering how the Go-On Wings worked, I guess Gai would get both Naga and Balance.

No idea about Orange and Black. Colour-wise I guess Luka and Doc are the closest.

would they fall under Gai's purview in this? They're the right colors but they aren't exactly sixth rangers, I don't recall Gokai Silver stepping out of his wheelhouse like the others did all the time.

EDIT - Ahim turned into Go-On Black a lot. Make her turn into Oushi Black, while acting completely the same. Imagine that suit just bowing and curtsying politely.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Okay yeah, he did do them apparently. Most of them are from movies and that one special and movies, though.

... And Gokai Christmas. I can't believe I forgot him.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Brother Entropy posted:

(future kyuranger spoilers) gai couldn't mix gold and silver kyurangers because he'd be too busy mixing purple and sky blue

also i'm finally getting around to the last third of zyuohger and man this show picked up a lot once bunglay appeared

I'd think Joe would get Koguma Skyblue while RyuCommander gets banished to the same territory as Dekamaster and Bull Black as an extra warrior.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Twelve by Pies posted:

Thinking about Sentai/Rider crossovers, I can't for the life of me remember last year's Super Hero Wars movie. Heisei vs. Showa was Gaim's, GP was Drive's, but...I'm drawing a blank on Ghost's.

There wasn't one. They just did Kamen Rider-1 instead.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Stinger kidnapped a child.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

shame that Toei flew into panic mode the first sign of trouble.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I understand toy sales being weak, but I feel like the answer to that issue shouldn't be to meddle in absolutely everything about the actual show while leaving the things that they're trying to sell relatively unchanged.

If you're gonna force a retool, retool the thing that's actually causing the trouble.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Kamen Sentai GoRider is so good you guys.

The best part is Takayuki Tsubaki playing Kuroto Dan pretending to be Kazuma Kenzaki. His actor has some serious chops.

I'm so glad that Dan got one final ride as a bad guy, and that Kaito, Yoko, and Kiriya got to go out on a high note. I didn't care much for the former two's deaths in Gaim, and I think this is a much better finale for their characters.

Also I'm pretty interested in learning about Another Agito now. I guess I'll add his show to the list.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm uncomfortable.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I've never watched anything Ultraman related. Just never gotten around to it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Really Dan should have watched the show instead of just reading the wiki page before trying to roleplay his character.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Nico is going to become a bugster and rule them all.

Then she will defeat M.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm sorry, but I think this thread just implied that PuToTyra isn't cool.

• Locked thread