Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morbidmind
Feb 24, 2013
Are trophies and beast tokens in the game? I don't know if its worth playing if I can't slap a bunch of scrap metal to my Borc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Countblanc posted:

I tried this over the summer at some point and it was incredibly laggy. Has anything been done about that at all? I distinctly remember just having lots of skills simply fail to fire, and I don't think I was even playing at particularly busy times. Note that this was before T2 was even being considered (at least publically) afaik, so they may have gotten their rears in gear.

I played for about an hour yesterday and noticed casting lagged a little bit, but like peak debt said it's not noticeably different from how the official servers were. I just wonder how the server will hold up if massive RvR battles happen when they increase the server capacity more.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

The Bee posted:

I wasn't sure about this. Then I saw Goblin Squig Herder was an option. What kind of abilities are they capable of pulling off?

Their best ability is being a free kill in pvp.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
I really don't know what class to play. Are there any underrated classes, I like underdogs.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Morbidmind posted:

Are trophies and beast tokens in the game? I don't know if its worth playing if I can't slap a bunch of scrap metal to my Borc.

Trophies are in, there's a low level quest where you can pick one that I've found already. My shaman was able to get the mushrooms but they don't show up, and the zealot I made because their mask looked cool isn't able to choose the trophy I want for him at all. :iiam: Hitting "complete" just kinda closes the quest tab instead of actually completing it, so you can keep talking to the NPC and trying to complete it but nothing ever happens.

I may just leave that quest open and come back later if it's fixed.

So yeah some stuff like that is already very obviously broken even in lowbie levels, but I also play Project Gorgon so I've gotten pretty forgiving of poo poo that's still in alpha.

Cow Bell
Aug 29, 2007

Was all excited to give this a shot again - I absolutely loved WAR at launch, some of the most fun I've had playing an MMO. Apparently there is some type of an issue with the launcher though, clicking connect does literally nothing. Well, either way, hopefully it gets worked out soon enough and I can get in and play around a bit.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cow Bell posted:

Was all excited to give this a shot again - I absolutely loved WAR at launch, some of the most fun I've had playing an MMO. Apparently there is some type of an issue with the launcher though, clicking connect does literally nothing. Well, either way, hopefully it gets worked out soon enough and I can get in and play around a bit.

There's a different launcher somewhere that should work.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Cow Bell posted:

Had the same problem tonight, this fixed it for me:

-RoR launcher -> properties -> compatibility -> check run as admin
-Hit apply and ok, attempt to run game, fail.
-Go back and uncheck run as admin.
-Suddenly, success!

Basically I think you just need to turn off run as admin for whatever reason, but it doesn't always show up properly checked in the menu at first.

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost
Oh yeah I remember the original WAR launcher had to run as admin every time even if it didn't need to patch anything or the game was installed in a directory that didn't need admin rights :downs:

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Did the choppa/slayer end up being good? I quit before they came out.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Rasmussen posted:

Did the choppa/slayer end up being good? I quit before they came out.

Choppa's were great. Remember how the devs promised that Orcs would get bigger and fightier the more they fought as they leveled up? Well, they lied. But then that turned out to literally be Choppa's mechanic.

They were best played as a suicidal berserker. Just loving charge the enemy and keep chopping until you go down. You'll get bigger and nastier and if you had a healer people would panic and dog pile you as you just started cleaving skulls left and right due to your damage bonuses skyrocketing.

The class was basically Orcs.txt. Your entire goal was to get stuck in, chop some motherfucking skulls, die gloriously, respawn, and then repeat the process all over again. :allears:

Edit: Do they have the CE unique customization and trophies in? I don't think I could play again without my batshit crazy Orc that had metal plating bolted onto his skull. Or the horrifying mutations you could get as a Chaos player.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 8, 2015

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

Archonex posted:

Edit: Do they have the CE unique customization and trophies in? I don't think I could play again without my batshit crazy Orc that had metal plating bolted onto his skull. Or the horrifying mutations you could get as a Chaos player.

Ahh man, the dwarf with the beer barrel in his beard :)

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he
Rolled up a bright wizard, since I tried a sorc back in retail.

They're not as insane as when the game launched, but they can just melt people if they stay out of sight.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
The very first starting PQ for Order was working when I played a few months ago. It was very difficult solo or with a partner, but possible if you could protect the pastor for long enough.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Noah posted:

The very first starting PQ for Order was working when I played a few months ago. It was very difficult solo or with a partner, but possible if you could protect the pastor for long enough.

I always wonder if warhammer would have lasted longer if they had gw2 type scaling with public events.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

BexGu posted:

I always wonder if warhammer would have lasted longer if they had gw2 type scaling with public events.

PvE wasn't going to save warhammer.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

BexGu posted:

It would've been nice, but as long as you didn't play at some really late hour, there was always pvp to be had.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch

BexGu posted:

Another big problem was while dungeons were good sources of gear, you didn't see any until what, T3? And they were so loving out of the way that it wasn't worth it (not to mention if you got DCed you got booted out of the instance, and then all the trash would respawn super fast, gently caress i could go on, but you get the point). So many loving weird things with that PvE. Great things, and truly awful things. It's like they had no QA at all.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Noah posted:

Another big problem was while dungeons were good sources of gear, you didn't see any until what, T3? And they were so loving out of the way that it wasn't worth it (not to mention if you got DCed you got booted out of the instance, and then all the trash would respawn super fast, gently caress i could go on, but you get the point). So many loving weird things with that PvE. Great things, and truly awful things. It's like they had no QA at all.

Dungeons gear to 40 is not worth the hassle of the lovely pve. The best gear in the game are the pvp armor. And there's a trick to it. You need to stack as much 2 set bonuses with main stat as you can.

Main stat, dmg of the weapon, attack speed, and crit are basically the only things that matter. Unless your a bright wizard then all you need is main stat and crit.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Noah posted:

It's like they had no QA at all.

I was in the closed beta for something like 8 months. You couldn't even level past 30 in the empire track just a month (IIRC) before release because none of the quests were set up. Then (again, IIRC), the last beta patch changed a ton of poo poo like mob health/damage and XP rewards because people were leveling too quickly though the PVE content and they didn't want people to realize that 30-40 was hosed.

What I'm trying to say is the game was super loving rushed.

Edit: They should change the starting horse to give you +150% speed rather than +25%, I forgot how god drat slowly you move in this game.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Haerc posted:

Edit: They should change the starting horse to give you +150% speed rather than +25%, I forgot how god drat slowly you move in this game.

God help you if you didn't get the gryphon mount. Its like if wow locked epics mounts behind a RAF paywall or had to bill you $2000 bucks and say sorry.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Haerc posted:

What I'm trying to say is the game was super loving rushed.

All reports told that the game was basically completely redone halfway through development, salvaging only the art assets. The fact that they managed to release a game at all is mildly impressive.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Vermain posted:

All reports told that the game was basically completely redone halfway through development, salvaging only the art assets. The fact that they managed to release a game at all is mildly impressive.

EA hosed them pretty hard on that.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.
Was looking to get into this for the Pvp, but the lag is unreal.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
yeah eurotrash servers sounds disappointing

beauty queen breakdown
Dec 21, 2010

partially cromulent posting.
"2021's worst kept secret"

I'm going for it. Played Chosen back in the day, was super hyped about it, and experienced basically all the disappointments listed in this thread.

That said, T1 PvP was loving glorious at launch and I played the hell out of it. If they'd managed to stretch that experience into T3/T4 it might have salvaged it. Fun fact: In the early days of the game, we ran into a dungeon (I want to say we were somewhere in the L15-20 range) and we figured there would be sweet loot to be had. We tried over and over, finally downing the boss, only to receive a couple of pieces of vendor trash. I gave up completely on the PvE aspect after that except for leveling.

Downloading now, might post back after I've had a chance to give it a try.

Litterbox
Nov 9, 2004
Aranadiscoteca Peromonteca checking in. Switched it up and rolled a dwarf slayer for this global troll session. Wish I had realm chat. If anyone wants to join me I'm making GBS threads up some dwarf only guild but would be happy to reform the Goon Squad.

The RvR has been pretty active. I kind of wish they'd just leave it at t1 and t2 since it allows pretty easy access and saturation at both tiers. The more of a grind it becomes the deader rvr zones become. That said, a small warband of coordinated people can actually do work since there's usually only 1.5 full WBs on either side max. I'm still grinding to 26 but could use some company.

(I am less of a human being now that I am 5 years older)

Litterbox fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Nov 16, 2015

Litterbox
Nov 9, 2004

Stanley Pain posted:

They've done a great job with this so far. I play it every so often when nostalgia hits.

Come back to me.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
For me Order had all the fun classes. Humans and dwarves felt really solid. Witchhunter, Warriorpriest, KotBS, BW, Runepriest, Slayer. They had best scenarios, their area design was cool too

gently caress elves though, everything about them

Jackard fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 16, 2015

Litterbox
Nov 9, 2004
I always had a lot of trouble with White Lions on my Choppa, and nearly chose to roll one but they're just too :gay: Even Dark Elves are just so strange to me. Regret not making an Iron Breaker. So tankeh.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I kinda miss my Marauder from the live server, it was a pretty badass class. Warhammer had some of the more interesting classes from all of the MMOs I've played.

Litterbox
Nov 9, 2004
Tier 3 is in now... and now the server is 100% full all the time. nuts.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
gently caress it I'm making a Magus again.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

boho posted:

Why do you hate yourself so much?

Litterbox
Nov 9, 2004
They really are complete garbage. However, the fact that they are broadly known to be complete garbage leads me to believe they'll be the first to get some attention from the devs whenever they begin re-balancing. Until then you're literally playing the worst possible version of the game.

They also jacked up the number of server slots up to 500 per realm (1000). So that's nice.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Stanley Pain posted:

Why do you hate yourself so much?

I hate myself enough to play laggy barely functional WAR, so it's really not that much of a leap.

Actually I hoped the class didn't suck anymore since I quit at launch. If they're still hot garbage, I'll reroll. What're the differences between Zealot and Shaman?

e: phone postin'

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

boho posted:

I hate myself enough to play laggy barely functional WAR, so it's really not that much of a leap.

Actually I hoped the class didn't suck anymore since I quit at launch. If they're still hot garbage, I'll reroll. What're the differences between Zealot and Shaman?

e: phone postin'

This is pretty much it. Ive leveled a Chosen to 27 and the lag is unreal. i get 10-15 sec lag spurts in huge battles. The Admins claimed they took care of the lag, but i dont really see any improvement. At all. That and my renown points keep resetting after every time i relog. a handful of other bugs that they should of really tried to fix before pushing out T3.

Also, i keep forgetting it's in alpha..

Litterbox
Nov 9, 2004
Not much difference except one is a gobo. You're a healbot.

I think Zealots are better at single target and gobs are better at group heals.

Litterbox fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 24, 2015

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

boho posted:

I made a magus-like character in Champions Online, flying disk and everything, and had more fun with that than an actual magus in WAR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Gobbos occasionally get to shoot someone right?

The database stuff they did removed all lag for me. I'm playing for europe though.

Chosen is cool now that auras dont have to be juggled. I'm guessing that's probably a bug.