Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Litterbox
Nov 9, 2004
And doesn't do much DPS end game so what is this dude talking about..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Litterbox posted:

And doesn't do much DPS end game so what is this dude talking about..

There was a brief period of time when Ironbreaker was utterly broke as all hell. They could just piledrive their way through entire groups while tanking them down. Maybe he's assuming that was the rule as opposed to an exception. They were always a defensive tanking class outside of that one bug.

They were pretty good for hilarious knockback kills though. Punting people left and right into the lava in that one horrible loving scenario that took place above a bunch of lava pits was good fun and was about the only redeeming feature that specific scenario had.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 23, 2015

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I remember having a lot of fun playing a zealot and sneakily healing people in PvP.

I actually like healing as a main role so my brain is as broken as an actual zealot, but then I was running with someone to do damage while I played battery pack.

I never played Order, so I have no idea what the comparable class was.

But echoing what others said, the PvE sucked and they're fools to waste any time on it unless they manage to get the public quests working right.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Anoia posted:

But echoing what others said, the PvE sucked and they're fools to waste any time on it unless they manage to get the public quests working right.

Yeah thankfully it seems like the dudes running this show have a pretty good mind for that, PvP first.

Litterbox
Nov 9, 2004
Or improve the Public quests so they become relevant pvp areas.

The order zealot equivalent is the arch mage I think.

I've kinda stopped playing since they released T3 right as I hit T2 I kinda of lost interest since everyone moved on. Might give it another crack over the holiday.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Archmage? Yawn. I'd rather run around all disheveled like and talk to my pet skull.

Man I loved some of the idle animations for this game

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Litterbox posted:

Or improve the Public quests so they become relevant pvp areas.

The order zealot equivalent is the arch mage I think.

I've kinda stopped playing since they released T3 right as I hit T2 I kinda of lost interest since everyone moved on. Might give it another crack over the holiday.

Order equivalent to Zealot is RunePriest. Archmage is the equivalent of Shaman. Shaman was by far the most fun I have ever had playing a healing class in an MMO.

Litterbox
Nov 9, 2004
ah i thought shaman and rune priest were parallels :)

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Rune priest I might be able to tolerate if the goon consensus is Order. It's elves I'm sick to death of, though witch had some fun glass cannon moments before they nerfed it into the ground.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Pretty much play whatever really, I got a Kotbs when I feel like being a tanky jerk, I got a Choppa when I feel like bein mean & green, Warrior Priest to tool around with healing. We don't really have any big presence so go nuts with sides as you like.

Litterbox
Nov 9, 2004
It would probably inspire me to play more if we did consolidate on one side. We'd also be able to accomplish some things with even 10-15 active members. Just a thought.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
So is there a significant goon group in this game yet? If so, what side?

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Warhammer Online was definitely the closest I've ever seen an mmo to being great. While just not being good enough. So many fun things but it just was not good enough yet. Mediocre balance and pvp got worse as you leveled. It was also a big showing of how you accept little faults in a beta. But when they aren't resolved in launch, they become a lot harder to tolerate.

Elmon fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Dec 25, 2015

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Arcland posted:

Warhammer Online was definitely the closest I've ever seen an mmo to being great. While just not being good enough. So many fun things but it just was not good enough yet. Mediocre balance and pvp got worse as you leveled.

I didn't mind T4 in the early days, back when taking fortresses was nearly impossible (RIP every server when those would go on). Then they took those away and made city sieges become PVE and pure numbers events and that was the beginning of the gear conveyor belt that kills any PVP. I really liked those massive fights and they could have been fixed, but instead the devs decided that adding more PVE content with ridiculous pocket items was the way to go and keep the whiniest/most loyal part of the player base around. There were a few things around balance that they really needed to fix (AOE dealing as much damage to single targets as single target abilities, physical resistance capping higher than magical resistance, fast attack speed allowing for tons more procs), but there was something there for a bit.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

So... Order? Chaos? I don't really expect to be taking over keeps on the regular but having folks to pvp with would be fun.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm actually interested now. I used to play as a WH, but before I go down that path... Are we doing order or chaos??

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I hope Order. I never got to do any of the cool city raids and stuff as order before because they were awful on every server, but I did love playing a KoTBS.

Litterbox
Nov 9, 2004
Everyone roll order. I have a buncha gold and can afford to pay for the guild.

DXH
Dec 8, 2003

Ne Cede Malis
I had a Black Orc at launch, but I'd love to roll Order this time, I especially liked Warrior Priest. Is anyone else having trouble registering on their forums? I keep getting MySQL errors every time I try to register an account.

edit: looks like it's working now, should we compile a list of goon characters and add them to the OP maybe?

DXH fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 28, 2015

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

gonna roll a salyer

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Rolling order -- Torn between Knight and Warrior Priest.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

How broken is this? This was the funnest mmo I've probably ever played but it died fast.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

How broken is this?

PvE-wise very for now, PvP-wise totally fine.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Archonex posted:

They were pretty good for hilarious knockback kills though. Punting people left and right into the lava in that one horrible loving scenario that took place above a bunch of lava pits was good fun and was about the only redeeming feature that specific scenario had.

It was fun if you were an ironbreaker but I think it was a big part of what made that scenario so awful.

fishhooked
Nov 14, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Nap Ghost
Love me some warhams, in as Caec the runepriest

Apocopriest
Apr 18, 2008
Server's down for a patch, but been having some fun as Brosemite the Engineer :)

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah, I've been having fun re-living my days as a WH too.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

The Moon Monster posted:

It was fun if you were an ironbreaker but I think it was a big part of what made that scenario so awful.

Don't kid yourself. That scenario was an exercise in shared misery. Everyone suffered together every time it popped. The only difference was that some classes got to spread the misery around to others a bit thicker.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
Checked this out, havent seen anying in pvp not working right

Also brightwizards are a goddamn terror even in tier 1.

Goon guild is empire right? who should i talk to for the invites?

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Archonex posted:

That loving scenario. That was what killed the game for me.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Holy gently caress, I've been playing this the past week and reliving ye olden times. We got a goon guild on order?

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Never got to check this out while it was live so rolling Order something now.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

At some point we'll hopefully get a guild running with enough goons around, not that it takes a lot but not the fastest thread either :v:

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Let me know when ya'll get a guild going. I'll update the OP with the info.

Have they fixed White Lion pets yet? Once they do, I'll probably jump over to Order.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Rookersh posted:

Let me know when ya'll get a guild going. I'll update the OP with the info.

Have they fixed White Lion pets yet? Once they do, I'll probably jump over to Order.

They seem fine whenever I see them doing stuff. And no one's complained about their pets in advice yet. If we do get an Order side guild going, I vote we name it LLKF :dance:

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
How does American prime time look lately? Last I tried this the game seemed pretty active during Euro hour and pretty quite during US Prime.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Ramulack posted:

How does American prime time look lately? Last I tried this the game seemed pretty active during Euro hour and pretty quite during US Prime.

Around 6pm CST last night it was pretty booming. Order was at 58% of the server population and the renown was flowing like beer. All tiers are generally active or at least one of them are. T3 kind of comes and goes in waves. So when it dies down, I do SCs. Last night t2 was active all night last night until an hour or so ago (when I logged off).

Since you can have characters of both factions, that's what causes a portion of the balance swing. I've got some Destro characters I want to play (namely choppa, shaman, squig herder, and maybe some kind of tank), but Order has a few I'm wanting to get into as well. The game is fun and good and we need more people! Faction honestly does not matter to me; there are classes I want to play real bad on both. So I'm down to play with the majority.

It's worth noting that if you like doing SCs, Destruction stomps pretty hard a majority of the time. On my WH, I've had maybe three or four games where we just steam roll over them. Those games were before I hit t3. I'm halfway to a 244 weapon and I've won maybe six matches. Anecdotal evidence and all, but my experience is we lose SCs very, very hard as Order. I don't know what it's like for the daytime order (I normally get up pretty late for NA for no good reason) but I just got out of an SC where Order stood in the base to let Destro finish the High Pass Cemetery we were in once they hit 200 some odd points and we had 30.

3:24pm CST - 930/1000 players online 48% Order/52% Destro

Zeg fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 8, 2016

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
I downloaded today, I miss public quests but everything else seems pretty much as I remember.

So someone make a guild already so we can get the in fighting and drama rolling.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
The thing about Warhammer is it doesn't really matter how many people are on, as long as it's more then 100-200ish. T1 is a bit slow of course in American prime time, as is T3, but T2 is always popping, and there will always be warbands after each other.

The zones are focused enough everyone gets filtered into the same fight, so even if you have a lower pop, that mainly just cuts off the side poo poo like T1 leveling/"endgame" T3 leveling, and SCs. You'll still always have a fight to go to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishhooked
Nov 14, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Nap Ghost
I think there are enough of us for a guild, but no one wants to put the effort in