Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishhooked
Nov 14, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Nap Ghost
how do we not have a guild yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
All the people stupid enough to lead goon guilds have already burned out from other MMOs. :v:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I could lead it but I would make more goons irrationally hate me and carry a grudge for years for poo poo that didn't even happen, again.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

fishhooked posted:

how do we not have a guild yet?

Rookersh posted:

It honestly sounds like there are enough goons to form a guild, albeit not a very active one.

This is why. I tried pretty hard for a solid week to make stuff happen by tracking people down in-game and tried to rile up a presence here, but just not enough of a foundation of players to really build on so I moved on and went destro because I like choppas more than slayers.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Belrouze posted:

This is why. I tried pretty hard for a solid week to make stuff happen by tracking people down in-game and tried to rile up a presence here, but just not enough of a foundation of players to really build on so I moved on and went destro because I like choppas more than slayers.

Same. Ive got about 7 goon players names on my friends list but no one is ever on. And if they do log on they log out within 5-10 minutes later.

Also: belrouze whats your ign on destro side?

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
Add Freckles and Randodand to your list. We are very casual players at best, though.

I think that to start a guild you need to be in a party at the time, have five signatories there with you at the guild registrar, or something. So I have never seen five other goons on at once.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

iminers posted:

Also: belrouze whats your ign on destro side?

Loxly - DoK
Wystren - Magus
Gwythr - Mara
Ilissra- Sorc
Doktabeatbox - Choppa
Boglin - Shammy
Hobbles - SH

Doktabeatbox is my main, but I'm on random guys at random times on that list.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
I have a babby shaman Bombora on Dest, but only starting playing for a bit while waiting for my other half to catch up on order side.

I was doing tier 2 scenarios tonight and was the only healer on order. It was so annoying, but we actually won one, even with me being targeted and focused by everyone. It was a great surprise to survive them at all.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Desmond posted:

I have a babby shaman Bombora on Dest

Added you. I've got a Black Orc I'm thinking of leveling soon. Maybe we make some magic happen sometime.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Played this a few months ago and there was just not that many people online during EU timezones. A private server of this game feels extremely niche so sadly I don't think it will ever get that many people. Didn't get that far but isn't this game highly dependent on big numbers for cool fights?

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Pixelslol posted:

Played this a few months ago and there was just not that many people online during EU timezones. A private server of this game feels extremely niche so sadly I don't think it will ever get that many people. Didn't get that far but isn't this game highly dependent on big numbers for cool fights?

Also for leveling because gently caress leveling outside of BGs or PQs.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
I've been loving around on this, have a 10 rune priest and a ... 5 or something zealot. It's fun.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Destro guild made - Eventide, ran by me and formed with some RL friends who play in the late evenings (10pm CST normally) with one able to be on around 4ish pm CST. We're currently level 5 (I've been hitting the no-life button hard). Any and all destro goons more than welcome. Taxes and Tithes are active and at 5% because I blew 160g in a day getting this poo poo set up. At most they'll hit maybe 10 or 12% to help recuperate the costs of getting the guild off the ground and then dropped to probably 3% or so. Nothing much in the grand scheme of things. Anything you need, we can help - powerleveling, talis, and I've got weekend events set up for this weekend on the guild calendar for any kind of powerleveling as well as a day of getting our crafts worked on for being self sufficient/AH PvP.

We're looking for some dedicated healers, and few DPS of sorts, ranged would be rad as we have none at the moment, but anything is good. Could use a Chosen for auras as well. But we'll take anything you dudes want to roll up. Please look for Doktabeatbox in-game.

Our current "main" comp is:
Black Orc
Blackguard
Disciple of Khaine
Choppa
Marauder

These are our regulars at the moment, and we got some alts in here too. So if you want to make WAR Great Again, Eventide, Destro. The game is being updated pretty hardcore. The OP seriously needs updating in an awful way, or another thread needs to be made (I'll do it if need be and keep it updated.)

Our Blackguard likes to record so if you want your cheeto-fingered ways on the internet, come have some fun.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
I'd join but play pretty casually (i.e. scenarios) and am on PST, so usually get home and online by around that time. But my play time is limited due to increased outdoor stuff now that it's getting lighter earlier and warmer :cool:

I have a low-level shaman that I haven't played for a long time due to no goons, but now, maybe...

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The server is up to 1200 capacity and T3 is out. Are people still interested in this?

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Grognan posted:

The server is up to 1200 capacity and T3 is out. Are people still interested in this?

A lot of us play very intermittently, but yeah, the server pop is good.

You must unite the goons! Or just pub like most of us do.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Oh god, this game. Even with all it's bugs and incompleteness, I loved it more than any other mmo.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
Pro tips for this server-

All the "kill x players in (location)" work anywhere. Each faction has a 10 and 25 so that's 6 quests per scenario which speeds up money and lvling. You can knock that number up to 12 at t2.

Once you hit t2 you can farm plague rats to level really quickly. Most classes can solo them 1v1 or you can group to mass pull them. Beware this is also a very common gank spot, but it's literally 10 seconds from order camp so yolo WP for lyfe.

People will pay dumb amounts of money if you are lucky enough to get t1 helms/cloaks/shoulders so they can twink up alts. Good way to get some starting cash.

drluv
Feb 25, 2016

Please do not undercut me in front of the child.
Woah, this sounds nice... I found WAR back in the day much better than WoW (which i've played since it's beta)... so people are active? 393 online right now... nice.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Destro guild Eventide has been formed with some RL friends and I. PM Doktabeatbox in-game if you want an invite. Our little group has been on nightly causing a ruckus. We're looking at becoming a stable destruction guild, we just need a larger core. Devs are working on t4 as well as PvE, but our RvR presence is pretty limited right now as a guild. We've got a guy who likes to record, so if you don't mind some YouTube bullshit and being on it, that's what we've been doing the past few weeks.

If I'm not on Doktabeatbox I'm on one of the following characters:
Gwythr
Loxly
Boglin
Hobbles
Poeward

:getin:

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

Tell me, Aldo, if I were sitting where you're sitting, would you show me mercy?

Belrouze posted:

Destro guild Eventide has been formed with some RL friends and I. PM Doktabeatbox in-game if you want an invite. Our little group has been on nightly causing a ruckus. We're looking at becoming a stable destruction guild, we just need a larger core. Devs are working on t4 as well as PvE, but our RvR presence is pretty limited right now as a guild. We've got a guy who likes to record, so if you don't mind some YouTube bullshit and being on it, that's what we've been doing the past few weeks.

If I'm not on Doktabeatbox I'm on one of the following characters:
Gwythr
Loxly
Boglin
Hobbles
Poeward

:getin:

I've rolled a shaman named ScaryTerry and a squig herder named Snare to join up if you got room. I'll be on all day most likely.

Woodhouse fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Mar 11, 2016

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So exactly how much of the game actually works?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Skills both mechanically and VFX/SFX all work, most armor is totally functional on both fronts, all the classes are in and working, quests work though ones with non-static models tend to have the models just sitting around, IE the gyrocopter killing quest in the Chaos starting zone. PQs are the only thing that's really totally hosed, scenarios work just fine, WvW is pretty good, and they've even made huge strides towards the lag from a couple months ago with 300+ people on. If you liked WAR there's no real reason not to try it.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Orv posted:

Skills both mechanically and VFX/SFX all work, most armor is totally functional on both fronts, all the classes are in and working, quests work though ones with non-static models tend to have the models just sitting around, IE the gyrocopter killing quest in the Chaos starting zone. PQs are the only thing that's really totally hosed, scenarios work just fine, WvW is pretty good, and they've even made huge strides towards the lag from a couple months ago with 300+ people on. If you liked WAR there's no real reason not to try it.

Are we talking all quests, or have they only got T1-2 Human/Chaos working?

KLazarus
Jul 16, 2007

New thread title request:

Return of Reckoning - How much butter can you fit in your mouth!? - It's Land-o-Lakes, it's really good!

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Darkinai posted:

Return of Reckoning - How much butter can you fit in your mouth!?

Listen. It's Land-o-Lakes and it's really good, OK?

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

Darkinai posted:

Return of Reckoning - How much butter can you fit in your mouth!?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Verranicus posted:

Are we talking all quests, or have they only got T1-2 Human/Chaos working?

As far as I'm aware every T1-3 zone has its quests working, but i haven't checked personally.

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

Orv posted:

As far as I'm aware every T1-3 zone has its quests working, but i haven't checked personally.

Yeah, there are the occasional bugged quests but from what I've seen this server is very well put together.

Also, 6 of us were PvPing as order last night and it was a blast. We decided to go back to destruction though, and now I'm leveling my Chosen. If anyone wants to join hit me up on Automated.

Woodhouse fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 12, 2016

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I may give this a try, then! I had a lot of fun playing the Dwarf healer class when the game was out, so which would be a good comparison on Chaos side since that seems to be where goons play?

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Verranicus posted:

I may give this a try, then! I had a lot of fun playing the Dwarf healer class when the game was out, so which would be a good comparison on Chaos side since that seems to be where goons play?

The Chaos Zealot was the mechanical mirror of the Dwarf Runepriest.

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!
There is also tentatively a discord set up for voice foolery. But I'm phone posting so I dont have the link available. maybe someone from last night can post it?

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

TokenTrevor posted:

There is also tentatively a discord set up for voice foolery. But I'm phone posting so I dont have the link available. maybe someone from last night can post it?

There is the discord link.

EDIT: LINK EXPIRED.

Woodhouse fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 13, 2016

KLazarus
Jul 16, 2007

Hey, I set up the discord for this. The previous link has an expiry on it so I made a permanent one, anyone who wants to find us just hop on and come play some WAR!

https://discord.gg/0sj4M6og4JJueSoz

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Seeing a lot of ex-Order players. So it's looking like we're going to be forming the guild <Leet Like Karl Franz> to compliment our Destro guild. We have several players already playing who prefer order and this is what we're looking at for the time being.

It's time to :getin:

e: this is our fitan music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSUW-Z_Cnc0

Zeg fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Mar 13, 2016

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So was I the only one who played WAR and liked the questing?

EDIT: Had some random questions.

1. How is the community at large?

2. Is it primarily English speaking?

3. How likely is it that EA shuts things down as soon as they get working perfectly?

Verranicus fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Mar 14, 2016

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

Verranicus posted:

So was I the only one who played WAR and liked the questing?

EDIT: Had some random questions.

1. How is the community at large?

2. Is it primarily English speaking?

3. How likely is it that EA shuts things down as soon as they get working perfectly?

All good questions that we should have in the OP!

1. Community seems very friendly, some random guy gave me shoulders and 5 gold in one of the starting areas which was a huge help. There is tons of warbands, groups and pqs to do and it isn't hard to find people to play with.

2. Yes, its primarily English though there are channels for Russian, German, etc. The server is located in France, but you don't notice the latency. I usually get around 90ms.

3. Seriously doubtful, if Blizzard isn't shutting down private servers that have been up for years and make money I doubt EA would go on a hunt for a loving WAR server. Also, EA has done nothing about the various DAoC servers that have existed for years.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Woodhouse posted:

All good questions that we should have in the OP!

1. Community seems very friendly, some random guy gave me shoulders and 5 gold in one of the starting areas which was a huge help. There is tons of warbands, groups and pqs to do and it isn't hard to find people to play with.

2. Yes, its primarily English though there are channels for Russian, German, etc. The server is located in France, but you don't notice the latency. I usually get around 90ms.

3. Seriously doubtful, if Blizzard isn't shutting down private servers that have been up for years and make money I doubt EA would go on a hunt for a loving WAR server. Also, EA has done nothing about the various DAoC servers that have existed for years.

Thanks for the quick response, and sorry if these were answered in the OP, not sure if you were being sarcastic or not.

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

Verranicus posted:

Thanks for the quick response, and sorry if these were answered in the OP, not sure if you were being sarcastic or not.

Haha nah, it wasnt answered in the OP. We really should add some more information though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Woodhouse posted:

Haha nah, it wasnt answered in the OP. We really should add some more information though.

Sure, let me know specifically what you want to add, and I'll throw it in there.