Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
With the servers being hosted in France is there a bias in population in terms of playtime? As in, do more people play during EU primetime than NA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Honestly even on NA time there's always been enough for me to find scenarios and stuff if I ever want them.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Finally got a chance to log in, had a couple more questions.

1. I get random skipping/frame loss while running around, though my PC should be able to run five copies of this game at max settings without dropping any frames. Is there anything that can be done?

2. Is there any way to get a 1280x720 resolution? I was hoping to record in HD for my youtube channel.

EDIT: Answered my own question for #2. Had to change my desktop resolution.

Verranicus fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 15, 2016

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Leet Like Karl Franz needs you!

We're going to make Order great again. If you want to give RoR a go, please do! The game is pretty amazing and in a very great spot right now. The devs are working their asses off to make WAR what it used to be.

@OP, if you aren't actively playing, it would be highly appreciated by several of us that you request this thread be taken down via mod so we can create one and maintain it ourselves because we're not interested in being the middle man when the OP is incredibly out of date and you can't be bothered to keep up with it.

https://discordapp.com/invite/0sj4M6og4JJueSoz
Hop into discord and come chill with us and get your WAR on.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Belrouze posted:

We're going to make Order great again. If you want to give RoR a go, please do! The game is pretty amazing and in a very great spot right now. The devs are working their asses off to make WAR what it used to be.

@OP, if you aren't actively playing, it would be highly appreciated by several of us that you request this thread be taken down via mod so we can create one and maintain it ourselves because we're not interested in being the middle man when the OP is incredibly out of date and you can't be bothered to keep up with it.

Wait, were doing a order guild now? I thought we were destro.

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

Tell me, Aldo, if I were sitting where you're sitting, would you show me mercy?

iminers posted:

Wait, were doing a order guild now? I thought we were destro.

They cant decide what side to play so they flip flop and make new characters daily.

I'm going to be on destro.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Belrouze posted:

I play every couple of days. I'd be willing to do an update of the OP if needed, but currently nobody has been telling me whats up. How active are both guilds/numberswise.

Gimme that info and I'll put the links in the OP.

The only other thing I could change in the OP is the addition of T3, but everything else is still being worked on as I said.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
How likely am I to get rolled by premades if I queue for scenarios solo?

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!
The op just has kind of a vibe that the game isn't really working when in fact i've found very few issues thus far. Servercap has changed, I dont think any of us have had any real issues with lag, there are a large number of working PvE quests now and you can level that way though I dont know why you would.

And though we do kind of play whichever side is more appealing at the moment we aren't "Making new characters everyday" There are about 7 or 8 of us on that discord. as I type this there are 3 people talking in it.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Reading the server forums, there sure is a lot of hate for casual players/pvpers.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

TokenTrevor posted:

The op just has kind of a vibe that the game isn't really working when in fact i've found very few issues thus far. Servercap has changed, I dont think any of us have had any real issues with lag, there are a large number of working PvE quests now and you can level that way though I dont know why you would.

And though we do kind of play whichever side is more appealing at the moment we aren't "Making new characters everyday" There are about 7 or 8 of us on that discord. as I type this there are 3 people talking in it.

Still trying to figure out where the goons are. Order or Destro? This whole thread has been a "WHICH SIDE DO WE CHOOSE?" and no one can give a clear answer.

KLazarus
Jul 16, 2007

The best way to find us it to get in the discord, we have a core group that is on a lot that is now in T3 in destro but the larger group fluctuates from side to side some days. You can always find us in discord and it's generally safer to assume we're on destro.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Yep discord is the best way to find us. We're Destro after taking the time to see what everyone in the core group (so far) likes and we've settled on Destruction. So get yo rear end in Discord and we'll make magic happen.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Belrouze posted:

Edit: sorry dok.

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 16, 2016

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Verranicus posted:

Reading the server forums, there sure is a lot of hate for casual players/pvpers.

So basically it's like every game server forum.

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

Tell me, Aldo, if I were sitting where you're sitting, would you show me mercy?

Guess the warband leader wasnt in the mood for jokes.

KLazarus
Jul 16, 2007

Due to excessive drama from a ragey buttergolem the destro guild has split. This game and the private server are working amazingly and are fun to play, as long as you have a good group to play with. I can generally be reached on destro, my ingame name is the same as my forum name, and would be happy to advise any goons looking to get back into WAR.

Please disregard all of the rageposting that will follow from this post and if you are interested in playing drop me a pm on SA or ingame. So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Yep, best of luck!

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Darkinai posted:

Due to excessive drama from a ragey buttergolem the destro guild has split. This game and the private server are working amazingly and are fun to play, as long as you have a good group to play with. I can generally be reached on destro, my ingame name is the same as my forum name, and would be happy to advise any goons looking to get back into WAR.

Please disregard all of the rageposting that will follow from this post and if you are interested in playing drop me a pm on SA or ingame. So long, and thanks for all the fish!

The hell went down last night?

When i left you guys last night you were all laughing and everyone was having a good time. The hell?

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

iminers posted:

The hell went down last night?

When i left you guys last night you were all laughing and everyone was having a good time. The hell?

No idea, I went to go see Deadpool with my wife, and came home to this. P sure goons just want a large, established guild and wanted an out, so they found one and packed up. Aside from that I'm a buttergolem sperg that got annoyed someone wanted to pull a member of our guild away from us, so whatever was said, was said without me around (convenient as that is) constructed in a manner that gave them a reason to leave to a bigger guild. It's goons, what did you expect? Anyhow, Dark's right though, server's great, and worth a try. Don't let water under the bridge turn any would-be players away.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Belrouze posted:

No idea, I went to go see Deadpool with my wife, and came home to this. P sure goons just want a large, established guild and wanted an out, so they found one and packed up. Aside from that I'm a buttergolem sperg that got annoyed someone wanted to pull a member of our guild away from us, so whatever was said, was said without me around (convenient as that is) constructed in a manner that gave them a reason to leave to a bigger guild. It's goons, what did you expect? Anyhow, Dark's right though, server's great, and worth a try. Don't let water under the bridge turn any would-be players away.

Yea its a great server and its even better when playing with goons.

Bear.
Force.
One.
R.i.p.

Grabpot Thundergust
Jul 6, 2010
OK, so I've just found this. Loved me some WAR back in the day. What's the crack? Is there an active goon (or goon-filled) guild or has the whole house of cards come down?

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Grabpot Thundergust posted:

OK, so I've just found this. Loved me some WAR back in the day. What's the crack? Is there an active goon (or goon-filled) guild or has the whole house of cards come down?

Came down. Goons would rather have a large guild established than build one up together. Best to just pub one until you find one you like.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

I owe this thread for telling me this exists, I've been missing this dead gay MMO. Having loads of fun solo leveling and RvRing as a useless noob who never got into WAR properly when it was live.

Still can't help wondering how long until GW tries to shut this down though.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Saint Drogo posted:

Still can't help wondering how long until GW tries to shut this down though.

They liquidated the entire setting it's from, they probably don't give the remotest of a drat.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

They liquidated the entire setting it's from, they probably don't give the remotest of a drat.
I would love to live in the world where that's enough to stop GW being cocks :smith:

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

I missed this game. I just created a KotBS and am having so much fun running around the T1 RvR.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I forgot how much fun it is to be the assholw dwarf with a longrifle sniping rear end in a top hat dark elves who think they arw safe.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
I was only just reminiscing about WAR with another goon last night when I discovered that RoR was a thing, which is great because I thoroughly enjoyed rolling about T1-T2 as a Squig Herder.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

ZombyDog posted:

I was only just reminiscing about WAR with another goon last night when I discovered that RoR was a thing, which is great because I thoroughly enjoyed rolling about T1-T2 as a Squig Herder.

T1 and T2 are usually fun stuff on here too, so you're in luck.

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

Right now (unless it was fixed today) Tier 1 is the only active RvR zone, since there's a bug that prevents keep assaults in T2 and T3.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Have they fixed public questing yet?

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
T4 is due to go up in a few hours.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Have they fixed public questing yet?
Some of the PQs work ok but I've not really left Norsca & Nordland. Some Of the PQ bosses in the respective chapter 2 zones are really brutal hard, but that's how I always remembered them.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 4, 2020

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Downloading this now after hearing of the endgame getting patched in. Played this so loving much at launch. Going to go destro, tgchrono is my handle, looking forward to running around the PvP lakes again.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Joining up with this with some irl friends. Any other goons still on this? Balance side I think.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Third World Reggin posted:

I could lead it but I would make more goons irrationally hate me and carry a grudge for years for poo poo that didn't even happen, again.

Huh? You were a great guild leader of this dead game back when we played it (2009?). I was Mesc/Detroit.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Installing now, what side do we have the most people on, since it seems the goon guild imploded.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
So, looking for a marauder for a static 6man on destro. Got everything else we need for the melee train and I believe all of us are renown40 or above. Planning on running dok/dok(zealot)/chosen/2h bo/choppa/marauder. I know most people seemed to have swapped to order, but if anyone is interested, message me here on in game as brainmeat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

nousername posted:

So, looking for a marauder for a static 6man on destro. Got everything else we need for the melee train and I believe all of us are renown40 or above. Planning on running dok/dok(zealot)/chosen/2h bo/choppa/marauder. I know most people seemed to have swapped to order, but if anyone is interested, message me here on in game as brainmeat

How is the server like these days? Is there still lag? I'd be down to run in a small man if the server isn't a complete poo poo bucket still.