Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Oh wow, this is a thing! Are goons leaning towards order or destruction? I'm assuming it's destruction so I'm going to start a dork elf.

I main dork elf edgelord, the one with 2 swords for double edgelord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox
Oct 28, 2004

I just made a discord server to link with other goons;
https://discord.gg/EHzVyKz

knox fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 9, 2020

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"
This game is frustrating. I have a Chosen and Zealot and it feels like anytime im on the tank doing scenarios their is no reliable heals and when I'm on the Zealot their is hardly a reliable tank to push forward.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Beach Party posted:

This game is frustrating. I have a Chosen and Zealot and it feels like anytime im on the tank doing scenarios their is no reliable heals and when I'm on the Zealot their is hardly a reliable tank to push forward.

Yep. Playing my KotBS I sometimes get in groups with no healer and I know I'm in for a bad scenario experience.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Welp. Looks like I'll reinstall this and try it out again! I really want to try city sieges and such. Now to make either a choppa or a chosen.

No.Mercy
Oct 4, 2011
I'm in on this shizzit. I've been playing everyday for like a week now and I'm loving the nonstop warfare. I have a few toons at level 15 now since I was trying them all out to see which I like best. I got a sorcerer, choppa, chosen, zealot, and squig herder.. I just joined Knox's discord as MystikJim lets get a squad rollin~

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"
How does the bolster system work? Grinded out 70 or so emblems to get a nice chest piece, boots, a axe and shield. The original sword I had did 8dps and the new one is right at 17.8 but when I go into a scenario my damage and toughness seems to be the exact same. I certainly couldn't tell the difference at least.

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018

Beach Party posted:

How does the bolster system work? Grinded out 70 or so emblems to get a nice chest piece, boots, a axe and shield. The original sword I had did 8dps and the new one is right at 17.8 but when I go into a scenario my damage and toughness seems to be the exact same. I certainly couldn't tell the difference at least.

Confused as well, started playing yesterday

I found these guides for RvR and scenario gear but still lost, quite a few vendors at IC

RvR guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fthzeul8Oc

Scenario guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsGnVam033k

They go up to 40, then theres a post-40 guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDybIRJzvsQ

---

Also gonna try my luck that someone reads this who already worked with xpadder and apps to map out controllers. Xpadder lets you map that if i hold left trigger, it maps out a new controller layout . I map too that if i hold right trigger, a 3rd layout is in effect. Problem is when i release right trigger sometimes im still holding left trigger and it thens makes the 2nd layout be the one active by default.

If someone knows the solution to this, or a better program than xpadder, id appreciate.

A year ago i would never in a million years entertain the idea to play a MMO with a controller, but FF14 made it work, you just need functionality (enough buttons mapped out). In FF14 you could even do Left then Right trigger maps out a layout, Right to left trigger something else, a prog that lets me do that would be awesome.

Aster0ids fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Mar 9, 2020

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

So is everybody here rolling Destro? I have a couple toons on both but have been focusing on my order characters recently.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
i love finding out about dxp events in dead mmos i have a random urge to play just one day before it ends

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
at least its choppa time :black101:

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018

Goast posted:

i love finding out about dxp events in dead mmos i have a random urge to play just one day before it ends

Was reading in-game it was extended to a week because of server troubles, that would have to be confirmed though

Anyone familiar with queued leveling knows how to max out xp returns? For example i once had a quest to kill 25 players, but done and now its just the quest at the entrance of scenarios that im doing, wonder if i should be taking more of those. Just sitting in IC queuing, trying to figure out what i should spend my tokens on (im a magus main atm)

Aster0ids fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 9, 2020

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Aster0ids posted:

Confused as well, started playing yesterday

I found these guides for RvR and scenario gear but still lost, quite a few vendors at IC

RvR guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fthzeul8Oc

Scenario guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsGnVam033k

They go up to 40, then theres a post-40 guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDybIRJzvsQ

---

Also gonna try my luck that someone reads this who already worked with xpadder and apps to map out controllers. Xpadder lets you map that if i hold left trigger, it maps out a new controller layout . I map too that if i hold right trigger, a 3rd layout is in effect. Problem is when i release right trigger sometimes im still holding left trigger and it thens makes the 2nd layout be the one active by default.

If someone knows the solution to this, or a better program than xpadder, id appreciate.

A year ago i would never in a million years entertain the idea to play a MMO with a controller, but FF14 made it work, you just need functionality (enough buttons mapped out). In FF14 you could even do Left then Right trigger maps out a layout, Right to left trigger something else, a prog that lets me do that would be awesome.

You've peaked my interest because if I can use triggers to have 16+ buttons like FFXIV I would definitely do that.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
ive never played this before. is the goon rush still happening? downloading now

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I played this when it came out but kind of lost interest after awhile. I remember there were way too many servers so a lot became ghost towns but the game itself was sort of fun. I might give this a try.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

We got 11 people in the discord I linked above; actively running on Destruction but it makes sense to play Order at times depending on the RvR situation or scenarios I'm sure people will be playing either side.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
The discord link is invalid! Pretty psyched to be playing this game again though.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I'm legit overjoyed that this game is seeing a resurgence in a private server, and that it's even well supported on by a volunteer dev team. I'm more than a little surprised that EA hasn't smashed it with a C&D though, especially given all of the recent publicity from that youtuber.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Goodchild posted:

The discord link is invalid! Pretty psyched to be playing this game again though.

Here you go: https://discord.gg/EHzVyKz

NeurosisHead posted:

I'm legit overjoyed that this game is seeing a resurgence in a private server, and that it's even well supported on by a volunteer dev team. I'm more than a little surprised that EA hasn't smashed it with a C&D though, especially given all of the recent publicity from that youtuber.

Some of the original devs have reached out to them to thank them for their efforts, and they purposely have not taken any donations as a factor.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It is likely, though is just as much spitballing as anything, that the reasons things like the BF2/2142 revivals died on the legal chopping block was because they still have the potential, however slim, to interfere with sales/concurrency on modern EA shooter titles. That plus the byzantine US laws concerning proving that you are defending your IP. EA isn't making a traditional MMO any time soon and I have to imagine their rights to Warhammer ran out a long time ago so I'm not sure they'll ever give a poo poo.

And for all that it has its balance problems, WAR is still fun and more so than any PvP MMO that has come since.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Orv posted:

It is likely, though is just as much spitballing as anything, that the reasons things like the BF2/2142 revivals died on the legal chopping block was because they still have the potential, however slim, to interfere with sales/concurrency on modern EA shooter titles. That plus the byzantine US laws concerning proving that you are defending your IP. EA isn't making a traditional MMO any time soon and I have to imagine their rights to Warhammer ran out a long time ago so I'm not sure they'll ever give a poo poo.

And for all that it has its balance problems, WAR is still fun and more so than any PvP MMO that has come since.

1000% agree. I don't think they give a poo poo honestly. Game died forever ago and they took half their devs off it to make a poo poo battleground game within like few months, with WOTLK booming it had no chance to really succeed.The RvR in this game is just the spiritual successor to DAOC, and I don't get why people continue to allow themselves to be scammed indefinitely by 'Camelot Unmade' from their desire for a PvP game like DAOC when Warhammer exists and has existed in this current form for roughly 2+ years. Warhammer has it's issues no doubt, but I was there on beta & launch and the game is the best it's been. The reality is the MMO industry is so poo poo, if you want a good RvR/PvP experience you gotta take matters into your own hands and create a private server for the game built from ground up with RvR in mind.

knox fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 9, 2020

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
There’s a part of me that wonders if EA even remembers making or owning this game in the first place. :v:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

That feeling when you get like 4 or 5 scenarios in a row where your entire team ignores the objectives and focuses on tanks.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Marin Karin posted:

There’s a part of me that wonders if EA even remembers making or owning this game in the first place. :v:

I remember paying for the sub through a weird website that seemed dated for the time.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

drat Dirty Ape posted:

That feeling when you get like 4 or 5 scenarios in a row where your entire team ignores the objectives and focuses on tanks.
But they're right there, taunting you.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Need to get that assist target goon melee train going, we had couple fun scenarios yesterday with some horrendous teammates. You can leave Tier1 in a day or two with the double XP going until 15th.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Join us in the WAAAGH if you're still on the fence, t1 is good fun and if you have memories of horribly balanced classes that's a thing of the past. All of the classes are viable in some form of playstyle, albeit some like Witch Elves/Witch Hunters will have problem getting in organized warbands you can always run around ganking people/throwing your bodies against a fort anyway.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Are we Order or Destro? I can go both ways.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yates posted:

Are we Order or Destro? I can go both ways.

Most people are running on Destro at side but some people have Order alts as well. At the moment most of us are in T1 also but some of us are getting chars into T2.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Had a blast doing rvr and scenarios today. Got my choppa to 12 and rr10. Aiming to get max lvl because I've always wanted to do city sieges and such.

I'll probably play a bit tonight and definitely a bunch tomorrow.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

I was playing FFXIV but I haven't since I got on early. I always wanted this game to succeed and it finally is, definitely going to level a couple characters to 40/40+ probably Blackguard, Sorceress, & Runepriest. We got a larger amount of people than I thought would join the discord.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
You guys would be playing Destro, I have several chars in tier 1-3 but they're all Order. Guess I'll roll an Orc.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Arven posted:

You guys would be playing Destro, I have several chars in tier 1-3 but they're all Order. Guess I'll roll an Orc.

Orcs are good at bashin' after all.

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 11, 2020

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Goon Squig lives again.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Goon Herders was a better name suggestion.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

jokes posted:

I remember paying for the sub through a weird website that seemed dated for the time.

Yeah, the EU servers were run by a French company, I think they were owned by Orange at some level.

They were, let's say, utterly and completely incompetent, all the patches were always delayed, problems with billings, technical issues.

To this day, I consider it an mark against any MMO that contracts the EU servers out to another company.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Man I really enjoy healing in this, I've singlehandedly won our side matches in Nordenwatch if I can position myself well and just pump out heals as a Zealot or even fish dumbass cat dudes to run into the whole team to try and kill me. Also managed to finish the event tonight, it was fun and I didn't even notice the grind until the end when I was specifically going out of my way to cap lighthouse or I needed just 3 more games to finish it.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Having a good healer that keeps people alive instead of being a mediocre dps is a big gamechanger in scenarios, along with tanks who will stick with the team and guard fragile membets and not just charge into 3+ people and die.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

ChaseSP posted:

Having a good healer that keeps people alive instead of being a mediocre dps is a big gamechanger in scenarios, along with tanks who will stick with the team and guard fragile membets and not just charge into 3+ people and die.

If I charge into a group and 3+ people start attacking me then as long as my team is mildly competent we should win easy. You are correct though that there is a difference between a tank being in the frontline and a tank running off and suiciding all by themselves, but that applies to anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

As a tank I will do my duty, put on my Aura's and hit the button that says "Shield everything"