Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Well drat, I wasn't sure if I'd ever see a private server for WAR. This could end up being pretty awesome. It seriously bummed me out to see the game die the way it did after starting with almost a million players and having lots of potential. Downloading this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

In the goon guild we had massive zergs with hundreds of people, and so did the other side. It was the most large-scale PvP I've seen in an MMO, but unfortunately their servers crumbled in big battles and the reward system was broken, causing many people to ragequit.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

The PvE in WAR was pretty atrocious. I recall rarely getting ganked while questing, as most of the people looking to PvP were in the RvR lakes or in scenarios. This game came out 7 years ago though, so my memory is fuzzy. I'm sure others remember it better.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Countblanc posted:

I tried this over the summer at some point and it was incredibly laggy. Has anything been done about that at all? I distinctly remember just having lots of skills simply fail to fire, and I don't think I was even playing at particularly busy times. Note that this was before T2 was even being considered (at least publically) afaik, so they may have gotten their rears in gear.

I played for about an hour yesterday and noticed casting lagged a little bit, but like peak debt said it's not noticeably different from how the official servers were. I just wonder how the server will hold up if massive RvR battles happen when they increase the server capacity more.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I kinda miss my Marauder from the live server, it was a pretty badass class. Warhammer had some of the more interesting classes from all of the MMOs I've played.