Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Arcland posted:

Warhammer Online was definitely the closest I've ever seen an mmo to being great. While just not being good enough. So many fun things but it just was not good enough yet. Mediocre balance and pvp got worse as you leveled.

I didn't mind T4 in the early days, back when taking fortresses was nearly impossible (RIP every server when those would go on). Then they took those away and made city sieges become PVE and pure numbers events and that was the beginning of the gear conveyor belt that kills any PVP. I really liked those massive fights and they could have been fixed, but instead the devs decided that adding more PVE content with ridiculous pocket items was the way to go and keep the whiniest/most loyal part of the player base around. There were a few things around balance that they really needed to fix (AOE dealing as much damage to single targets as single target abilities, physical resistance capping higher than magical resistance, fast attack speed allowing for tons more procs), but there was something there for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU