Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So exactly how much of the game actually works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Orv posted:

Skills both mechanically and VFX/SFX all work, most armor is totally functional on both fronts, all the classes are in and working, quests work though ones with non-static models tend to have the models just sitting around, IE the gyrocopter killing quest in the Chaos starting zone. PQs are the only thing that's really totally hosed, scenarios work just fine, WvW is pretty good, and they've even made huge strides towards the lag from a couple months ago with 300+ people on. If you liked WAR there's no real reason not to try it.

Are we talking all quests, or have they only got T1-2 Human/Chaos working?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I may give this a try, then! I had a lot of fun playing the Dwarf healer class when the game was out, so which would be a good comparison on Chaos side since that seems to be where goons play?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So was I the only one who played WAR and liked the questing?

EDIT: Had some random questions.

1. How is the community at large?

2. Is it primarily English speaking?

3. How likely is it that EA shuts things down as soon as they get working perfectly?

Verranicus fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Mar 14, 2016

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Woodhouse posted:

All good questions that we should have in the OP!

1. Community seems very friendly, some random guy gave me shoulders and 5 gold in one of the starting areas which was a huge help. There is tons of warbands, groups and pqs to do and it isn't hard to find people to play with.

2. Yes, its primarily English though there are channels for Russian, German, etc. The server is located in France, but you don't notice the latency. I usually get around 90ms.

3. Seriously doubtful, if Blizzard isn't shutting down private servers that have been up for years and make money I doubt EA would go on a hunt for a loving WAR server. Also, EA has done nothing about the various DAoC servers that have existed for years.

Thanks for the quick response, and sorry if these were answered in the OP, not sure if you were being sarcastic or not.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
With the servers being hosted in France is there a bias in population in terms of playtime? As in, do more people play during EU primetime than NA?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Finally got a chance to log in, had a couple more questions.

1. I get random skipping/frame loss while running around, though my PC should be able to run five copies of this game at max settings without dropping any frames. Is there anything that can be done?

2. Is there any way to get a 1280x720 resolution? I was hoping to record in HD for my youtube channel.

EDIT: Answered my own question for #2. Had to change my desktop resolution.

Verranicus fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 15, 2016

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
How likely am I to get rolled by premades if I queue for scenarios solo?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Reading the server forums, there sure is a lot of hate for casual players/pvpers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So do the quests still not work at all?