Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Litterbox posted:

My advice would be, if you don't want to heal, do not roll a healer. One way or another you end up pidgeon holed into being someone's pocket healer since your damage doesn't improve much even with end game gear.

Did you do much endgame smallman RVR? Shamans, WP's, Archmages, and DoK's all had viable PvP builds. Sure, there were classes that did better damage, and better healing than your build. However, 1v1 or even 1v3, you were pretty much going to win most fights if you knew what you were doing and had good gear.

Also, in lower tiers, those hybrid builds were even better. T1/T2 hybrids were pretty impressive with the top end gear. Add pots and talismen, and you could wipe groups of terribads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Yardbomb posted:

It's pretty fun now as well. Like even at what people call the dead hours (Couple hundred still on) I still find scenarios and stuff pretty quick when I wanna do PvP junk.

This just goes to show how lovely EA's matchmaking logic was. It's god drat amazing what you can do when you simplify a system that honestly didn't need to be as complex as Warhammer's scenario matchmaking was.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Litterbox posted:

They don't do a lot of damage but I distinctly remember 1v1ing this shithead ironbreaker Lockin and he beat me 19/20 times simply because his armour, toughness, and wounds negated or absorbed all my damage. Meanwhile he's swinging away on me with a 2hander.

I played with Lockin in Myrmidons. He was just an extremely geared IB. The amount of PvE our guild did was pretty dumb, but once everyone was geared, it was game over for about 95% of our competition in RvR.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Pixelslol posted:

Played this a few months ago and there was just not that many people online during EU timezones. A private server of this game feels extremely niche so sadly I don't think it will ever get that many people. Didn't get that far but isn't this game highly dependent on big numbers for cool fights?

Also for leveling because gently caress leveling outside of BGs or PQs.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

nousername posted:

So, looking for a marauder for a static 6man on destro. Got everything else we need for the melee train and I believe all of us are renown40 or above. Planning on running dok/dok(zealot)/chosen/2h bo/choppa/marauder. I know most people seemed to have swapped to order, but if anyone is interested, message me here on in game as brainmeat

How is the server like these days? Is there still lag? I'd be down to run in a small man if the server isn't a complete poo poo bucket still.