Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Let the game stay dead. If people dont learn to let the dead rest, we will have 10 alt wow servers for every wow expansion to ever to exist in 10 years.

Nah gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

mushroom_spore posted:

I'm normally a big baby when it comes to PvP, but I do enjoy both being a goblin and doing things like this. :ohdear: I saw there's some PvE stuff - is this a game where you can PvE in peace while getting some levels and learning to play, or is it a gankfest no matter what you're doing?

PvE and PvP areas are segregated. Some of the higher tiers have PvE stuff in the PvP zones but never anything necessary.

Orv
May 4, 2011

The Bee posted:

I wasn't sure about this. Then I saw Goblin Squig Herder was an option. What kind of abilities are they capable of pulling off?

Mostly a ranged class, but their pet abilities depend on the squig they have out; melee attack, explosive, ranged, etc.

http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Squig_Herder
http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Squig_Herder_Abilities

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cow Bell posted:

Was all excited to give this a shot again - I absolutely loved WAR at launch, some of the most fun I've had playing an MMO. Apparently there is some type of an issue with the launcher though, clicking connect does literally nothing. Well, either way, hopefully it gets worked out soon enough and I can get in and play around a bit.

There's a different launcher somewhere that should work.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Vermain posted:

All reports told that the game was basically completely redone halfway through development, salvaging only the art assets. The fact that they managed to release a game at all is mildly impressive.

EA hosed them pretty hard on that.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Double Bass posted:

I feel like I'm the only person who actually liked PvE in this game.

There's a reason nearly every Western MMO since WAR has had their own version of PQs; they're awesome, they promote interaction without actually having to deal with some random assholes and they can be modified in cool ways to do stuff for events and other time-limited things. Hell, GW2 is pretty much 50% PQs in its PvE content.

The dungeons and the totally unconnected PvE questing were less cool, or even functional at times.

Orv
May 4, 2011
All the people stupid enough to lead goon guilds have already burned out from other MMOs. :v:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Skills both mechanically and VFX/SFX all work, most armor is totally functional on both fronts, all the classes are in and working, quests work though ones with non-static models tend to have the models just sitting around, IE the gyrocopter killing quest in the Chaos starting zone. PQs are the only thing that's really totally hosed, scenarios work just fine, WvW is pretty good, and they've even made huge strides towards the lag from a couple months ago with 300+ people on. If you liked WAR there's no real reason not to try it.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Verranicus posted:

Are we talking all quests, or have they only got T1-2 Human/Chaos working?

As far as I'm aware every T1-3 zone has its quests working, but i haven't checked personally.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Camelot Unchained. It's in perpetual "We're really close to beta!" mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
It is likely, though is just as much spitballing as anything, that the reasons things like the BF2/2142 revivals died on the legal chopping block was because they still have the potential, however slim, to interfere with sales/concurrency on modern EA shooter titles. That plus the byzantine US laws concerning proving that you are defending your IP. EA isn't making a traditional MMO any time soon and I have to imagine their rights to Warhammer ran out a long time ago so I'm not sure they'll ever give a poo poo.

And for all that it has its balance problems, WAR is still fun and more so than any PvP MMO that has come since.