Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I still have my big honking CE box and all that jazz from back when, I never stopped being sore about the miserable way EA let this game go out.

But really giving this sucker a download, I'll suffer with yurop servers if it means I can wage WAR once again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Litterbox posted:

Roll order and come be my friend.

Made a Witch Hunter, a Knight of the Blazing Sun as well as a Slayer because I'm indecisive and man did this game have cool classes, I'm struggling to not just make a Bright Wizard (For optimal lame bullshit spellcasting) and a Warrior Priest too.

Also a Choppa and Black Orc on destro cause gotta get back to my WAAAGH roots.

Also for an EU server, I'm getting shockingly good latency down here in TX.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Dec 1, 2015

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

RagnarokZ posted:

I do remember this game, it was pretty cool back then.

It's pretty fun now as well. Like even at what people call the dead hours (Couple hundred still on) I still find scenarios and stuff pretty quick when I wanna do PvP junk.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Double Bass posted:

I feel like I'm the only person who actually liked PvE in this game.

As already said PQs were a cool thing that have carried on in other games as they deserved, but I liked the PvE in as much as I got to run around the pretty neat locales reading about bits. That was one thing I liked about the game a bunch, running around the world, finding little stealth interactables and flags and junk, filling out your big book 'o lore to read up on while you were killing time or what have you.

Archonex posted:

Tank stuff

It took me a bit to remember you actually had/have the ability to body-block in this game, which makes being a tank in PvP pretty great yeah.

"Enjoying all those Kotbs debuffs? Enjoying all those DoTs? Enjoying not moving? :madmax:"

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Dec 13, 2015

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Tercio posted:

I picked a bad 48 hour period to try to pick this up, it seems.

Yep, they have a problem with shitheads DDOS'ing them sometimes.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Anoia posted:

But echoing what others said, the PvE sucked and they're fools to waste any time on it unless they manage to get the public quests working right.

Yeah thankfully it seems like the dudes running this show have a pretty good mind for that, PvP first.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Pretty much play whatever really, I got a Kotbs when I feel like being a tanky jerk, I got a Choppa when I feel like bein mean & green, Warrior Priest to tool around with healing. We don't really have any big presence so go nuts with sides as you like.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

How broken is this?

PvE-wise very for now, PvP-wise totally fine.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

At some point we'll hopefully get a guild running with enough goons around, not that it takes a lot but not the fastest thread either :v:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Sometimes it takes a buncha closing/restarting their launcher, which thankfully comes up and tries pretty quick, but it's still annoying the rare times it happens.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Honestly even on NA time there's always been enough for me to find scenarios and stuff if I ever want them.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Saint Drogo posted:

Still can't help wondering how long until GW tries to shut this down though.

They liquidated the entire setting it's from, they probably don't give the remotest of a drat.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

ZombyDog posted:

I was only just reminiscing about WAR with another goon last night when I discovered that RoR was a thing, which is great because I thoroughly enjoyed rolling about T1-T2 as a Squig Herder.

T1 and T2 are usually fun stuff on here too, so you're in luck.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

It's still fun enough to run around in sometimes and do dumb PvP junk, but yeah the lead dev guy and some of the others have always come off pretty douchey past the initial good deed of bringing the game back.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

It was mostly just the funny sounding way they worded it, the other guy was sounding like a jackass but yeah.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Zelmel posted:

Yeah, reading some of the admin/gm replies elsewhere in that ban appeal forum, they use really bizarre stilted language and phrasing. Also, they seem to have a super toxic attitude, which really doesn't make me want to try it out, but I guess that makes me not someone they'd want around anyway.

It's cause the lead person is french if I remember right, so they've got some grammar weirdness at times I guess.

Also in a pretty good chunk of time I've never had a bad run-in with any of them myself, just don't poo poo up advice/world channels or be rude to people and you're good as far as I've seen. :shrug:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 6, 2016

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Still been playing around here and there myself, organized stuff went wonky it seems so it's pretty much just find a group of people that seem decent among pubs.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Inkfish posted:

Tbf only a couple of the devs/gm seem to be huge babies. Most of them seem normal.

This has largely been my experience as well, there's just 1-2 of them who are oddballs and the others I've ever ended up chatting to were cool people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Blast of Confetti posted:

Dude is the reason the server is dying because otherwise the PvP bits are working pretty solidly. If you still want to play then go for it but liking the game and having to leave because the guy is a complete tool really takes the wind out of your sails.

If it's who I assume this is, his name's escaping me right now, but the guy was a massive twat that nearly everyone hated back on that one old unofficial forum everyone crowded to back in the day as well.