Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
gently caress it I'm making a Magus again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Stanley Pain posted:

Why do you hate yourself so much?

I hate myself enough to play laggy barely functional WAR, so it's really not that much of a leap.

Actually I hoped the class didn't suck anymore since I quit at launch. If they're still hot garbage, I'll reroll. What're the differences between Zealot and Shaman?

e: phone postin'

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
They're making the same mistake WAR originally did: using resources on PvE. Not a single loving player is on the server for its PVE, plus recreating PVE content is a nightmare by all accounts according to devs from other games' private servers.

This is the tipping point for most private servers (in any game) -- will the devs burn out while trying to figure out scripting, pathfinding, and all the janky hacks that the original developers had in place to get their elaborate PVE content to look like it was working smoothly?

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I think they mean performance is better because of the hardware (and boy howdy it is), but they're going to continue optimizing the code despite those gains.

Ok, before I make another Magus-like mistake again I'll ask first: is Swordmaster worth a poo poo?

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Litterbox posted:

Be a real man and roll a runepriest.

gently caress that. I went DPS Archmage.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Litterbox posted:

inb4 forced to heal.

I have no interest in organization beyond open RvR groups, so it's not like anyone will be around to force me to do anything.

That said, the server is dead at US prime time and the unrestricted cross-realming means RvR is either getting farmed or player versus door, so my interest is starting to fade.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I picked this back up after agonizing whether to play this or Utgard DAOC. I've got a Swordmaster named Masterblader and a Blackguard named Darkstar, lets be friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Alright, which one of you called me a bad goon in a scenario about an hour ago?