Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Yates posted:

Some youtube guy made a good review about this game and now the server is packed, especially T1. It is fun with this many people again so if you want any kind of nostalgia hit here is your chance before it turns back into a ghost town in a week.

I've played it the last few nights and it has been a blast. Last night T1 had 2 full warbands zerging into each other with lots of fun side battles going on all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I want to level a shaman but I'm having too much fun with my KOTBS to lock him out.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I said come in! posted:

How is the state of PvE nowadays? When I last played, many of the public quests, and solo quests were broken.

Almost every PQ I've been to seems like it's working, and I've only had a couple quests that didn't complete despite me doing what they asked. I don't really see many people out in the world PvEing though. It seems like the majority of the population prefers spamming scenarios.

A side effect of the 'level 16s are thrown in with the level 39s' for scenario play is that even though I definitely suck (even bolstered) compared to the 'real' level 38+ I get tons of soldier emblems making it really easy to gear up for leveling. The jump from joining scenarios from levels 1-15 to 16+ is extremely jarring though and even though the rewards are nice it does feel a bit like I'm bringing my team down because I hit like a wet noodle.

Damn Dirty Ape fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 7, 2020

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Beach Party posted:

This game is frustrating. I have a Chosen and Zealot and it feels like anytime im on the tank doing scenarios their is no reliable heals and when I'm on the Zealot their is hardly a reliable tank to push forward.

Yep. Playing my KotBS I sometimes get in groups with no healer and I know I'm in for a bad scenario experience.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

That feeling when you get like 4 or 5 scenarios in a row where your entire team ignores the objectives and focuses on tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

ChaseSP posted:

Having a good healer that keeps people alive instead of being a mediocre dps is a big gamechanger in scenarios, along with tanks who will stick with the team and guard fragile membets and not just charge into 3+ people and die.

If I charge into a group and 3+ people start attacking me then as long as my team is mildly competent we should win easy. You are correct though that there is a difference between a tank being in the frontline and a tank running off and suiciding all by themselves, but that applies to anyone.