Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
They've done a great job with this so far. I play it every so often when nostalgia hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mushroom_spore posted:

Oh good, I'll give it a shot then. :) May PvP with goons later on if I end up liking the game/getting halfway good at it, I just don't want to put up with LOL PWNT NOOB garbage while I'm still learning the controls and poo poo.

Don't play this game for the PVE. Like this was not even a thing to do when the game was live.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

boho posted:

gently caress it I'm making a Magus again.

Why do you hate yourself so much?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I must be the odd person out. Don't think the dev did anything really terrible or weird. They probably deal with asshats all day long.

The call out thread from the moron that got exiled is way better.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I wish I had known about the wipe ;(

Not sure I feel like grinding that poo poo out again.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lokipunk posted:

I had way high hopes for this return, but no scripts on most (all?) Monsters and the super pettybaby gms turned me off of it really fast.

I keep hearing people say this and I've literally never even seen a GM chat let alone felt impacted by one and I've been playing since it became a thing.

PVP in RoR is solid and that's really all the matters to anyone who actually wants to play. PVE was always an after thought even during live.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ChairmanMauzer posted:

I had this question too, where are goons playing the most currently?

I don't think there are many people playing on either of the servers and it looks like the warapoc site is down as well.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cnidario posted:

I logged onto RoR the other day and there were...about 200 people on?

That one is still up, the "other" WAR server seems to be gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zeg posted:

I've been looking for this since you posted and have yet to see this happen. And for the past two years or so of playing consistently (as Destro) I still haven't seen or heard of this happening. Got any screenshots?

Yeah I've never seen this happen either nor have I heard anything like that before. :iiam: