Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Rookersh posted:

Also everyone should play a gobbo Shammy. I'm not even sure if you can still do half the things I did at release with that class, but christ was it a good time. I remember using an explosion spell to launch myself past an attacking army into a keep where everyone was dead, and then just AoE rezzing the entire raid back alive. The amount of poo poo you could do with any of the classes in this game if you bothered to try out the stupid spells was incredible.

I'm normally a big baby when it comes to PvP, but I do enjoy both being a goblin and doing things like this. :ohdear: I saw there's some PvE stuff - is this a game where you can PvE in peace while getting some levels and learning to play, or is it a gankfest no matter what you're doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Orv posted:

PvE and PvP areas are segregated. Some of the higher tiers have PvE stuff in the PvP zones but never anything necessary.

Oh good, I'll give it a shot then. :) May PvP with goons later on if I end up liking the game/getting halfway good at it, I just don't want to put up with LOL PWNT NOOB garbage while I'm still learning the controls and poo poo.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Rookersh posted:

A Good Post

Thank you for all this! Definitely sounds like PvP I might actually enjoy trying, for once, and I'm always a fan of "you and 1000 other people aren't all simultaneously the chosen one" stories.

Orv posted:

Mostly a ranged class, but their pet abilities depend on the squig they have out; melee attack, explosive, ranged, etc.

http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Squig_Herder
http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Squig_Herder_Abilities

Is anyone playing one of these now? OP said their pet pathing might be bad at the moment, but I love pet classes too.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Got a few levels as a shaman. It's so weird to be playing a "stand still while casting you idiot" MMO again. I'm still frequently confused by the interface and which buttons do what things but I probably deserve that for trying a new game while drinking.

Rookersh posted:

Try it and let us know! I played a White Lion for a bit to gently caress with Pounce, and the pet pathing wasn't that bad. Not like it was at release, but not terrible either.

I didn't want to immediately redo all the stuff I just did on my shaman, but I did make a herder just to run around in circles with for a bit and the pet is definitely odd. It was veering wildly all over the place, I'm not sure if those critters are just supposed to be like that or if something's wonky. :iiam:

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Morbidmind posted:

Are trophies and beast tokens in the game? I don't know if its worth playing if I can't slap a bunch of scrap metal to my Borc.

Trophies are in, there's a low level quest where you can pick one that I've found already. My shaman was able to get the mushrooms but they don't show up, and the zealot I made because their mask looked cool isn't able to choose the trophy I want for him at all. :iiam: Hitting "complete" just kinda closes the quest tab instead of actually completing it, so you can keep talking to the NPC and trying to complete it but nothing ever happens.

I may just leave that quest open and come back later if it's fixed.

So yeah some stuff like that is already very obviously broken even in lowbie levels, but I also play Project Gorgon so I've gotten pretty forgiving of poo poo that's still in alpha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Cow Bell posted:

Was all excited to give this a shot again - I absolutely loved WAR at launch, some of the most fun I've had playing an MMO. Apparently there is some type of an issue with the launcher though, clicking connect does literally nothing. Well, either way, hopefully it gets worked out soon enough and I can get in and play around a bit.

Had the same problem tonight, this fixed it for me:

-RoR launcher -> properties -> compatibility -> check run as admin
-Hit apply and ok, attempt to run game, fail.
-Go back and uncheck run as admin.
-Suddenly, success!

Basically I think you just need to turn off run as admin for whatever reason, but it doesn't always show up properly checked in the menu at first.