Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Yates posted:

Some youtube guy made a good review about this game and now the server is packed, especially T1. It is fun with this many people again so if you want any kind of nostalgia hit here is your chance before it turns back into a ghost town in a week.

TheLazyPeon yeah, I saw few of his videos month ago researching MMOs and saw bit of Warhammer video he made yesterday. Warhammer Online was one of the few MMO's I was like fully involved with pre-release beta testing and playing a lot because I wanted a PvP game like DAOC to work so desperately. Guess I'll check out this private server.

knox fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Mar 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Double XP/Renown from now until Monday, still figuring out what I'm trying to level right now though.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

I said come in! posted:

How is the state of PvE nowadays? When I last played, many of the public quests, and solo quests were broken.

I mean it's not a PvE game by any means but the dev team clearly has poured a ton of effort and manpower into getting the game to this point. Quests are all working so far for me. A triple in the population has them optimizing server further and stress testing it this weekend by having lvl40s be able to enter Tier1 with restrictions, to see how server handles 2k person battle.

Anybody playing add me in-game;
Destruction-Sorceress: Dwyur
Order-Runepriest: Dirkfunk

knox
Oct 28, 2004

cmdrk posted:

I'm amazed that server pop is up to like 2900 now. Sounds like a proper waaagh is brewing .

Pushing 3200 after they fixed the earlier lag (they said it was DDoS attack) resetting server. It's awesome right now.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Tsurupettan posted:

i'm stupid and miss this game's pvp, we got a discord or something?

Meh playing Warhammer is big brain time, good PvP doesn't exist the MMO industry is trash. It took 5 years of devs working for free to get game here time to enjoy the fruits of their labor.
I've been sharing some Warhammer videos/talking about it in the FFXIV discord few people probably getting on later not sure what side yet, though having character on both makes sense.

Aster0ids posted:

Are engis still broken fun? I remember it being so easy i just took off my armor and ran naked into frontlines magneting people in the meat grinder, after a while i unlocked the tag "The target" which is get targetted a 100 times while naked.

Is there a fotm class that is pretty good and simple atm (pvp)? Bought a console a year ago and now im hooked on controllers, i successfully Played SWTOR and City of Heroes with a controller (with xpadder) but with a pvp game im gonna need an edge if im not going to be utterly terrible lol at least while i grind scenarios on my first char.

They're definitely very good, though pretty much every class has at least 2 viable specs.

knox fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 8, 2020

knox
Oct 28, 2004

I just made a discord server to link with other goons;
https://discord.gg/EHzVyKz

knox fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 9, 2020

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Aster0ids posted:

Confused as well, started playing yesterday

I found these guides for RvR and scenario gear but still lost, quite a few vendors at IC

RvR guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fthzeul8Oc

Scenario guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsGnVam033k

They go up to 40, then theres a post-40 guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDybIRJzvsQ

---

Also gonna try my luck that someone reads this who already worked with xpadder and apps to map out controllers. Xpadder lets you map that if i hold left trigger, it maps out a new controller layout . I map too that if i hold right trigger, a 3rd layout is in effect. Problem is when i release right trigger sometimes im still holding left trigger and it thens makes the 2nd layout be the one active by default.

If someone knows the solution to this, or a better program than xpadder, id appreciate.

A year ago i would never in a million years entertain the idea to play a MMO with a controller, but FF14 made it work, you just need functionality (enough buttons mapped out). In FF14 you could even do Left then Right trigger maps out a layout, Right to left trigger something else, a prog that lets me do that would be awesome.

You've peaked my interest because if I can use triggers to have 16+ buttons like FFXIV I would definitely do that.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

We got 11 people in the discord I linked above; actively running on Destruction but it makes sense to play Order at times depending on the RvR situation or scenarios I'm sure people will be playing either side.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Goodchild posted:

The discord link is invalid! Pretty psyched to be playing this game again though.

Here you go: https://discord.gg/EHzVyKz

NeurosisHead posted:

I'm legit overjoyed that this game is seeing a resurgence in a private server, and that it's even well supported on by a volunteer dev team. I'm more than a little surprised that EA hasn't smashed it with a C&D though, especially given all of the recent publicity from that youtuber.

Some of the original devs have reached out to them to thank them for their efforts, and they purposely have not taken any donations as a factor.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Orv posted:

It is likely, though is just as much spitballing as anything, that the reasons things like the BF2/2142 revivals died on the legal chopping block was because they still have the potential, however slim, to interfere with sales/concurrency on modern EA shooter titles. That plus the byzantine US laws concerning proving that you are defending your IP. EA isn't making a traditional MMO any time soon and I have to imagine their rights to Warhammer ran out a long time ago so I'm not sure they'll ever give a poo poo.

And for all that it has its balance problems, WAR is still fun and more so than any PvP MMO that has come since.

1000% agree. I don't think they give a poo poo honestly. Game died forever ago and they took half their devs off it to make a poo poo battleground game within like few months, with WOTLK booming it had no chance to really succeed.The RvR in this game is just the spiritual successor to DAOC, and I don't get why people continue to allow themselves to be scammed indefinitely by 'Camelot Unmade' from their desire for a PvP game like DAOC when Warhammer exists and has existed in this current form for roughly 2+ years. Warhammer has it's issues no doubt, but I was there on beta & launch and the game is the best it's been. The reality is the MMO industry is so poo poo, if you want a good RvR/PvP experience you gotta take matters into your own hands and create a private server for the game built from ground up with RvR in mind.

knox fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 9, 2020

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Need to get that assist target goon melee train going, we had couple fun scenarios yesterday with some horrendous teammates. You can leave Tier1 in a day or two with the double XP going until 15th.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

I was playing FFXIV but I haven't since I got on early. I always wanted this game to succeed and it finally is, definitely going to level a couple characters to 40/40+ probably Blackguard, Sorceress, & Runepriest. We got a larger amount of people than I thought would join the discord.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Goon Squig lives again.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

jokes posted:

I joined and am trying to figure out what to play. I started Shadow warrior and did some scenarios where I just put DOTs on everyone that was within range and ended the scenario way, way, way above everyone else in total damage and kills. I remembered why I loved this game when it first came out, and am very excited to keep on playing.

Yeah the scenarios are a lot of fun. We have a discord with 30 people in it right now & a guild on Destro, but there's couple people either playing Order. I have a 27 Runepriest so if there's 6 people on Order we can make alt guild. Sometimes Destro getting rolled or I want to heal/get insta queues I'll log onto Order.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

jokes posted:

What's the discord? I don't see it in the OP!

https://discord.gg/EHzVyKz
Link should work from last page

Any chance someone can add this to the OP with a updated date, maybe a few beginner videos I can link? Can't PM em.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Playing choppa for now since we need more melee to burn down these loving OP healers in this game, with any one of y'all who is a tank that can guard me. Hopefully I'll be closer to the 30 side by noon tomorrow when double xp ends.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

PriNGLeS posted:

Your single target capability is dog poo poo until I think level 20, when you get a 1s cast group heal. Then you just spam that in between your resource builders.

I have a few chars on order side, and have been working on building a base on destro side during this event.

If you see me on Thicccbeard or Manpen, hit me up. IB/RP respectively. Haven't decided on a main on destro side yet. Just leveled a marauder and dok for pve farming for talis/apoth.

Add Dirkfunk my runepriest next time you're on, join the discord if you want as well we were going to register a order 'alt' guild if we had 6 people on. RP my favorite class but I've stopped playing it since the queues are instant and I'd rather level destro first with the 2x going + the Goon guild.

knox fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Mar 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox
Oct 28, 2004

jokes posted:

Man I just don't know what to play. I really like Shadow Warrior but I also really like healing. I played WP for a while a long long time ago and really liked it but I just don't know!

What is "in demand"? A good healer, a good tank, etc.?

Do you have a Destro character or just only want to play Order?

I know we have a KOTBS, me Runepriest, someone is a engineer, few others I forget. ShadowWarrior kills it also.

Make a healer on destro if you want to play with da goon gits, but play the SW as well. I'm playing heals on Order.