Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I played this for a few months at release and got a Chosen to the cap. T1 and 2 and the scenarios were incredible, the only PVP I've ever enjoyed in a themepark MMO. Then T3 was a swarm and T4 was an empty wasteland. So much potential but so much of it squandered.

Godspeed nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

peak debt posted:

Hm I played while you played and we had pretty constant T4 battles especially in the human/chaos zones.
It's been years but my recollection was almost all small-group fighting petered out as you left T2, and by the time you reached T4 players grouped into a single giant zerg that rolled past each other. It could have been due to the fact that players out-levelled T1-2 eventually and so the amount of people playing in it meant smaller groups could accomplish more, and of course players will always find the optimal way of grinding out progress which in large-scale PVP games is usually a zerg.

Edit: Of course it could just have been my server, I remember now there were a whole bunch. I definitely thought scenarios and T1-2 were the best the game had.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Oct 5, 2015