Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

rediscover posted:

game cube. dual shock 4. and then the rest of them

good list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

God Tier: Steam Controller
#Winning tier: First Xbox controller.
Awesome... Simply Awesome tier: Wiimote with nunchuk attachment
Angelic tier: Madcatz Hand Cooling PS1 Third Party Controller With Broken Vibration Motor and thick layer of Analog Stick Dust
King Tier: Razer Orbweaver Gaming Keypad

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well I haven't really used it yet but my biggest complaint so far is you have to be in Big Picture mode to configure it.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

God Tier: Steam Controller
#Winning tier: First Xbox controller.
Awesome... Simply Awesome tier: Wiimote with nunchuk attachment
Angelic tier: Madcatz Hand Cooling PS1 Third Party Controller With Broken Vibration Motor and thick layer of Analog Stick Dust
King Tier: Razer Orbweaver Gaming Keypad

Okay this is so obviously a troll, like come
on my dude. No... just.... No.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

rediscover posted:

Okay this is so obviously a troll, like come
on my dude. No... just.... No.

He's correct but missing Ultra God Unstoppable Tier:
where the analog stick always points slightly to the left and the A button doesn't work unless you press very hard and the z-button sticks

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the first xbox controller was epic

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The haptic feedback stuff is really wild. Not only do the pads have it but the analog stick will vibrate also. And the analog triggers vibrate when you do a full click.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's also as configurable as like a wacom tablet or something.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And typing with it is the most insane experience I've ever had.s

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Holy crap. I just fultoned a full container of AIDS.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Xaris posted:

He's correct but missing Ultra God Unstoppable Tier:
where the analog stick always points slightly to the left and the A button doesn't work unless you press very hard and the z-button sticks

This thing looks like a rape bot.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAbs7LDmVdM

The softer clicking noises and stuff is all the controller's motors. The trackpad is sort of like moving a trackball since the cursor keeps momentum if you move it fast enough. And yes I know there's a tiny reflection of my head in the video and I wear glasses... Just to get that out of the way. If I see any flames about how I look I'm going to be pissed.

Wormskull fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Nov 11, 2015

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsiO8yrYswM

The softer clicking noises and stuff is all the controller's motors. The trackpad is sort of like moving a trackball since the cursor keeps momentum if you move it fast enough. And yes I know there's a tiny reflection of my head in the video and I wear glasses... Just to get that out of the way. If I see any flames about how I look I'm going to be pissed.

lmfao

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsiO8yrYswM

Noice.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hold on I'm going to reupload the video actually.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm reading reviews that say it has a gyroscope on it which I didn't even know.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Other insane poo poo: You can turn the touch pads into like button pads and change the radius of the buttons on the pads.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The configuration sharing is kind of neat. Every game will show you the popular configs for it specifically if you search from within a game. I'm about to try Binding of Isaac with the controller, as the first test game. Wish me luck.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Your thumb muscles are gonna be jacked... which is kind of the reverse of what usually happens :D

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Wormskull posted:

this video owns because I find it funny to use a controller to post and because it really shows off nicely how the trackpads seem to respond and feel.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm not much of a texter but I imagine it's probably easier to get used to for people who do text a lot.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Actually once I stopped thinking too much about it it just kind of came out sort of like texting so there you go.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This is insane.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My biggest other complaint right now is the analog stick is too close to the extremely tiny face buttons which makes it really far away from my palm. lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Isaac trip report I would say maybe I need to change the feedback on the dpad pad because I was moving around all weirdly because I guess my thumb just sliding on the trackpad.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Big Picture crashed on me though and it hosed up how the controller was working so that was a fail.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It has a tiny speaker that makes a tiny nintendo noise when you turn it on.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh I think what it is is I'm used to being able to rest my thumb on a dpad.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This is crazy. You can like set radii on the pads to have like the outside ring be a different input than the inside ring. It's extremely janky though in Big Picture mode, at least on my machine. So beware.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the ring came off my pudding can

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Tomorrow I'm going to try to play Quake Live with this thing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Tomorrow I'm going to try to play Quake Live with this thing.

:stonk:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I kinda want one and run a bigass HDMI cable to my TV and go completely mental with settings until I can play Europa Universalis IV on my TV and leave it on basically constantly, with a controller nearby so I can make moves and watch the wheels turn in between like, folding laundry and cooking dinner.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Wormskull posted:

this looks like its even worse than the new apple tv's keyboard input

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Here's 13 minutes of me trying to use this with Quake Live. I changed the controls around a couple times in there but I didn't feel like switching the scene back and forth. Soz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txuBR5RUPcU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Here's 13 minutes of me trying to use this with Quake Live. I changed the controls around a couple times in there but I didn't feel like switching the scene back and forth. Soz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txuBR5RUPcU

Um. This video doesn't work.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's processing dude. Hold your horses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

NICE loving SHORTS

• Locked thread