Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

A specialized controller for the one single genre of PC exclusive that can comfortably be played with one hand whilst reclined.

I just realized the only keyboard shortcut I use for those games are the 5 mapmode binds and space lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Gaben.. what the hell happened to you.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

I just realized the only keyboard shortcut I use for those games are the 5 mapmode binds and space lol.

I press + to increase speed.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You can rebind all kinds of poo poo and whatever so you could probably make it a perfect mapgame controller.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Rebind my rear end.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
has anyone who has one tried Diablo or Torchlight?

I need to know if I can grind epic loot from deep in the couch.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SeXReX posted:

has anyone who has one tried Diablo or Torchlight?

I need to know if I can grind epic loot from deep in the couch.

will try this tomorrow

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Why havent I got mine yet.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Because you touch yourself at night.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

net cafe scandal posted:

I was literally going to post this, lmao.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

coldplay chiptunes posted:

I was literally going to post this, lmao.

Hell I would of posted it if no one else did. Get in line Junior.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
im sad that it doesnt look as cool as the original mockup but im sure valve will still knock it outta the park, praise to Gabe.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

haha came here to make this post

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
someone made a good config for phantom pain where the rumble has a cool texture when you pull the gun trigger

the default controls make it hard to aim but the thing is so programmable that I think the community will take the steam controller where it needs to go

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When will I get my controller. Why do other people have there's already.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
People who preordered them early, I think before Rocket League and Portal 2 were included in the order, got theirs shipped a few weeks before the "real" release date.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

People who preordered them early, I think before Rocket League and Portal 2 were included in the order, got theirs shipped a few weeks before the "real" release date.

rear end.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Is it good or not?

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Pewdiepie posted:

Is it good or not?

coldplay chiptunes posted:

Early reports on the STEAM controller: It's rear end.

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

I mean, the trackpads are cool, but it just doesn't seem like it'd make a good mouse and keyboard replacement.

I'd probably rather use it over a 360 controller, I guess.

Happy Fun Gamer fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 18, 2015

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

What a shame.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

I hate this 'preorder to play before it releases!' crap... CoD did this last year (even though it was just 1 day) and SE tried to do it with Deus Ex. If a product's ready to be sold, it's ready to be sold IMHO... They aren't pushing the release date forward for people who preorder they're just pushing it back for people who don't. I hope it doesn't become popular.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I hate this 'preorder to play before it releases!' crap... CoD did this last year (even though it was just 1 day) and SE tried to do it with Deus Ex. If a product's ready to be sold, it's ready to be sold IMHO... They aren't pushing the release date forward for people who preorder they're just pushing it back for people who don't. I hope it doesn't become popular.
Square walked back on the DX thing.

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

FactsAreUseless posted:

They gave a pretty back-handed apology, though. They even nixed the "early" release date.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I thought that was a copy paste

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Everything ive seen says it isnt better than m+kb which makes sense since its prime purpose isnt a replacement but a solution for people who play most of their pc games on a tv

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There isn't anything better than a mouse and keyboard so I don't know why it's even a concern to people. The reason you want a controller is because having a mouse and keyboard when you're laying on a bed or a couch isn't that comfortable.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

*nods* couchfeel gaming ftw breh.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

There isn't anything better than a mouse and keyboard so I don't know why it's even a concern to people. The reason you want a controller is because having a mouse and keyboard when you're laying on a bed or a couch isn't that comfortable.

Which is why i don't understand why this exists when you can buy a Xbox or PS4 controller.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And no one in their right mind would play a mapgame on a TV from their couch.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Which is why i don't understand why this exists when you can buy a Xbox or PS4 controller.

It exists because Steam wanted to make a controller to complement the other concessions they've made to TV gaming, from Big Picture mode to Steam Stream Module to the SteamBox console, most likely. Think before you post.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The Microsoft Zune ain't that bad either tbh.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

It exists because Steam wanted to make a controller to complement the other concessions they've made to TV gaming, from Big Picture mode to Steam Stream Module to the SteamBox console, most likely. Think before you post.

From a consumer standpoint, why eould I buy all that crap instead of 350 dollar PS4 bundle.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

And no one in their right mind would play a mapgame on a TV from their couch.

I'm one of the longest time map game fans in this forum and I would.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

From a consumer standpoint, why eould I buy all that crap instead of 350 dollar PS4 bundle.

I just bought the controller, which was 50 dollars.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

In Training posted:

You wouldn't. Hell, no one in they're right mind would.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I'm one of the longest time map game fans in this forum and I would.

Oh cool. This is the only reason I would use it, so I'm actually curious if the TV mapgame experience is acceptable

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Finally, Valve found a way to make playing games on a television a reality. Praise be. Who are the ad wizards who came up with that one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

steam planned all this poo poo out when the old consoles were dying and the new ones werent out yet but then they took years to get it out whoops

• Locked thread