Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

ive always wanted to try a hitbox

They're illegal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

I bought one of these to play FPS's with back in high school but it was a piece of poo poo that never really worked right.

What in God's name is this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If they're really at GameStop I might check it out. Would love if I could play EU4 with a controller.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I had to buy a new DS4 last week because something got into the D-pad on my original one and made it unusable and I was PO'ed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

functionally it's the same thing as the trackpad with some directions on it. by default you have to click it in to activate the directions, you can set it to work by touch, though i don't know why you'd ever do that. it works well enough, a bit stiff but it's worked well enough so far. it is just a disc that you can push in all directions. not really a fighting game guy so can't comment on its effectiveness for intensive use though

I heard it's unusable for FGs since it's not actually digital input.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Ah, finally, a dedicated map gaming controller.

It's crazy that this is true.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Ah that's pretty much the entire reason I would want a controller for my PC, so I'm not getting a steam controller. Thanks

You could get a nice stick or hitbox for a bit more than a steam controller, so you might as well do that I suppose

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Square walked back on the DX thing.

I thought that was a copy paste

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

There isn't anything better than a mouse and keyboard so I don't know why it's even a concern to people. The reason you want a controller is because having a mouse and keyboard when you're laying on a bed or a couch isn't that comfortable.

Which is why i don't understand why this exists when you can buy a Xbox or PS4 controller.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And no one in their right mind would play a mapgame on a TV from their couch.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

It exists because Steam wanted to make a controller to complement the other concessions they've made to TV gaming, from Big Picture mode to Steam Stream Module to the SteamBox console, most likely. Think before you post.

From a consumer standpoint, why eould I buy all that crap instead of 350 dollar PS4 bundle.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I'm one of the longest time map game fans in this forum and I would.

Oh cool. This is the only reason I would use it, so I'm actually curious if the TV mapgame experience is acceptable

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My bedroom TV is wear I keep my PS2 slim hooked up. 100% of my DQVIII play through has been with a pillow under my chin and my legs kicking playfully back and forth in the air.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kazvall posted:

Does anyone own the hori rape pad?

I do and I love it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Xaris posted:

They need to steal the secret voodoo magic that the Wii U controller has that somehow is a self-sustaining power source capable of lasting decades (in dog years) without external power.

Do you mean the pro controller? Because the pad lasts about 1 hour on a full charge for me now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

yea the pro controller lasts forever

I played through Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 twice all on one charge lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Tomorrow I'm going to try to play Quake Live with this thing.

:stonk:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I kinda want one and run a bigass HDMI cable to my TV and go completely mental with settings until I can play Europa Universalis IV on my TV and leave it on basically constantly, with a controller nearby so I can make moves and watch the wheels turn in between like, folding laundry and cooking dinner.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Did anybody buy a steam controller?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm tempted to buy one of these and playthrough the Advanced Warfare campaign to try it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The France thread got gassed so I'll post this here

Lol

• Locked thread