Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I have not bought a steam controller because the D pad thing looks sketchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

actually tbf, in controller only games i think i'd prefer a second stick to the trackpad. might change depending on how used i get to it; i prefer inverted camera controls but that feels weird on a trackpad. the button placement is loving me up thanks to muscle memory also

but the extra grip buttons are pretty nice and i like the haptic feedback. the trackpad also works real good as a mouse replacement

How is the D pad thing. I can't wrap my head around how it would feel from looking at it.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

I heard it's unusable for FGs since it's not actually digital input.

Ah that's pretty much the entire reason I would want a controller for my PC, so I'm not getting a steam controller. Thanks

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

yeah i'm a weirdo who prefers controller to kb+m most of the time and my impression so far is that the steam controller is really good replacement for that but not quite as good as say a 360 controller for controller focused games

i'd still us kb+m for fps games though, i'm not insane

The 360 d pad is shite.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I really would have bought this if it had a regular D pad but it has an rear end pad instead

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i play civ 5 with my father, a non gamer who enjoys it, whom i love very much. jest about how we bond if you must, but know that if you do you reveal yourself to be a man without honour

When I was 12 I bought Jeopardy! for the Nintendo 64 for my dad's birthday hoping for a similar bonding experience. He never played it with me a single time. Thanks for bad feels, oval office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

I'm tempted to buy one of these and playthrough the Advanced Warfare campaign to try it out.

Please do not buy a controller to play a FPS, it makes the baby jeebus cry.

• Locked thread