Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Loved this. Beautifully written, there were passages that I re-read multiple times because they were just so well-composed.

Also laughed out loud for real at the fencing response bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
General, for whatever it's worth I recommended this book to a friend who also writes some books and he just posted to his FB:

quote:

The finest fantasy novel of intrigue I've ever read, with no close second. Not only a worthy epic of discovery, politics, and conquest, but a penetrating look at identity and power. Possibly worthy of being taught in the same classes that teach Chopin's THE AWAKENING or Ellison's INVISIBLE MAN. And, above all else, deeply emotionally investing.

If you've ever believed any judgment I've made on a work of culture in the English language, believe me: this is a powerful book.

• Locked thread