Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Had just bought some China mieville and saw this thread. Instead of reading what I bought I checked out two free chapters and was hooked. Bought it off Google play and read it in two days.

Great book. I love this strange horrible world and it's many secrets. Looking forward to reading more of the same! (same but different I hope)

The clarified were when I went "they did what, holy poo poo how will anyone ever stop them if they can do this?"

Kinda hoping you introduce some supernatural bits from past the mother of storms. Because how else do you challenge an empire that builds slave golems from babies?

Also general battuta your questions on the last page were interesting. I'll have to consider them later. Too bad nobody has really responded to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
But that is two years from now :(

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
What that guy said. I'm not someone who believes writers owe readers anything. Do it in your own time ofc.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Could you put up your different builds and uses for those builds? Like what different medics do you use and why? I know you've done a lot of this in the different posts but yknow gathering it in one place would be really cool.

I think I build my poo poo wrong. When given the choice of crit immunity I always take it basically. Because I'm terrified of crits and pretty much every infantry and assault gets extra conditioning too.

Engineers go one of two paths and don't touch the other crap and medics are just.. I have no idea what to do with them besides sticking a medkit on them and making them officers...

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Oh god this is the wrong thread isn't it?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Well at least the trains ran on time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Ah gently caress you is that from the new book!?

• Locked thread