Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Name: Croix
Class: Dark Hunter
Portrait: 3
Personality: Croix is a ladies man, through and through. He hits on his fellow guild members, random people at the bar, and his associates in the inn and shop. However, he cares about women's safety, as well as friends and family. He is loyal through and through, and became a whip-wielding Dark Hunter to prevent his friends from being hurt by beasts. Handles combat strategy and party composition, being something of a tactician. Likes alcohol, women, and a good sleep. Dislikes friends being hurt and spicy foods.

Junpei fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Oh, almost forgot to vote for classes and guild name.
Classes: Dark Hunter and Alchemist.
Guild Name: I vote for New Dawn.

Junpei fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Oct 14, 2015

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
How is "money grubber" a better Dark Hunter personality than "handsome lech"?
Also, now that we know the personalities of our cast, we can write suggestions for relationships (crushes, friendships, rivalries, love triangles, etc.).
Double also, how about we give each character a "guild duty" (monster analysis, mapping, strategist, etc.) for a in-universe way to state monster weaknesses and skills, mapping of special areas, and boss strategies? Sound good, m4x4?

Junpei fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Oct 21, 2015

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Please specify: are you talking about relationships between guild members, or in-universe talk of game mechanics? Also, why money grubber over chivalrous pervert?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

m4444 posted:

Both. And I picked the characters I liked the best, both from a character standpoint and a writing standpoint. That's really all there is to it.

It's cool, wasn't whining.Just thought it would be interesting to have some romance and drama in there. But I know one thing. Sigmund and the medic will hit it off because a. They hate people being idiots and b. Their jobs require each other (protectors need their health in hip-hop shape to tank, and medics need someone to protect them)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Sigmund's portrait puts him in his 30's. Do your #*$@ing research.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Hivac posted:

Who even gives this much of a poo poo?

No, seriously, who cares about deep character relationships in a light narrative LP?

I can't speak for the OP, because I'm not the OP, but I'm pretty drat sure there's a difference between that and an outright near-novelization attempt. Which would just basically be extensive fanfiction and possibly overtake the coverage of the actual game.

Apologies to m4444 if you are actually going for that kind of thing, though.

Apologies to someone who obviously loooves boring, flat, one dimensional characters.
Just trying something new to keep things interesting! I'm just trying out my new ideas. Oh, and I didn't mean a romantic relationship between Sigmund and Samantha, just friendship and mutual respect.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

kirbysuperstar posted:

You're welcome to go and start your own EO1 LP with all the weird romantic drama you'd like.

Don't have any equipment for recording and the like.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Ok, so... Anyone here have 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

m4444 posted:

Wow, ok. Feel free to blame Tales of Zestiria for the delay, and also me, I guess. Update will hit tomorrow, since it's mostly done already. Sorry! :sweatdrop:

It's ok, I've seen it and ToZ looks amazing, so keep playing.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Dr. Fetus posted:

That's actually it. TEC only affects how strong elemental attacks are in the game. It doesn't affect anything else. The healing bonus that Healer provides is really big compared to how much healing passives provide in later games.

What about weapon/shield mastery skills? Do the suck like the elemental mastery skills, or are good like healer?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
You need at least one healer in every RPG. It's just the matter of how effective they are. If they are bad, or the game is easy, then you don't use them. Medics are not bad, and EO is not easy. Do the math.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

m4444 posted:

So, did everyone have a good Halloween weekend? I'll be working on the next update this week, so you'll have something to look forward to.

One month later...

• Locked thread