Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Sheep-Goats posted:

Currently people doing this kind of stuff get away with it mostly because there's no effective way for local governments to keep tabs on them and say "Hey! You're not a tourist! You're working while you live here!" but most of them will tell you that its technically against the law to stay and run your website in their country as your work while pretending to be a tourist.

If you come to Canada with this plan we will kick you out and tell you not to come back without the right visa. Apparently the EU's not too keen on it either. A succession of tourist visas with no visible means of support will get all of your poo poo searched, and the first sniff of you being paid for something will probably get you deported or worse.

Also, taxation may be a problem. As an American your tax laws follow you everywhere (ask Canadian teenagers born in the states about their 1040s), and a lot of countries consider you to be "working there" if you're physically inside the place and being paid to do stuff. Avoiding these taxes may have inconvenient results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Everyone should be allowed to love each other but I think it's okay to put reasonable limits on affection.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Hey if I hosed off with a few thousand of MS13's heroinballs I'd want to move to Zanzibar too.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

EB Nulshit posted:

Why do people think I'm trolling?

Because when we read this

quote:

I want to quit my job and live off my savings while I make mobile games.

I would be able to live off the profit forever instead of having to work forever.

I think this is doable

Basketballs are an idea I had for how to pass the time while still employed. I figured I could buy and sell stuff online to make money

the conclusions we could possibly reach are:

1. You are trolling; or
2. You are a fool.

• Locked thread