Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Lombardi was definitely expected to be good, but the awful truth became completely clear around the Cardinals game last year.

There are 28 running backs with more rushing yards than the Lions so far. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

NC-17 posted:

You're getting him confused with Jim Harbaugh now.

My cousin and her family got a picture with Harbaugh distinctively without khakis at Six Flags outside of SF a couple years ago.

Sorry for the weird face blurring. I didn't want people reverse image searching or something.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

C-Euro posted:

Austin yes, and we're very lucky he didn't get poached.
Lombardi lol no, people were making these same negative comments about him last year, maybe even at this same point in the season.

There was some real offensive flair in game 1 against the Giants last year. It was like everyone was comfortable. CJJ got injured pretty shortly after, and Golden Tate was hot for 6ish games. Then Johnson came back, and it was like the offense fell apart.

Week 7ish of last season is the earliest complaint I could find.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Knyteguy posted:

My cousin and her family got a picture with Harbaugh distinctively without khakis at Six Flags outside of SF a couple years ago.

Sorry for the weird face blurring. I didn't want people reverse image searching or something.
jokes on you that's their twin brother Judd Harbaugh

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Lombardi was definitely expected to be good, but the awful truth became completely clear around the Cardinals game last year.

There are 28 running backs with more rushing yards than the Lions so far. :negative:

#wellactually There are 26

...plus Cam Newton and Colin Kaepernick :negative: :negative:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Where is that .gif of a scene from like rambo or something where someone photoshopped Caldwells emotionless face onto Rambo kicking down a door to shoot dudes?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Probably in the "LIONS, BITCH!" thread from last year.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hahaha, owns. Remember when Lions fans loved Caldwell? Good times.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Chilichimp posted:

I don't remember ever loving him. We have always and will always love Austin.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Chilichimp posted:

Most fans here were upset with his hiring and have never embraced him. Look at the times he tried to cost us games, like that Atlanta game in London. He is what he is and is at his best when he's got great coordinators beneath him. The sooner he rids himself of Joe Lombardi the better.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Caldwell is terrible until you have to deal with his replacement. Then you wonder what could have been.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Joe Flacco is so elite he made Jim Caldwell look legit.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014
Long story short: our team is a terrible joke and we can't even outpace the bears

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Considering how much the OL sucks no I don't think they can outrun any Bears.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

commieB posted:

Long story short: our team is a terrible joke and we can't even outpace the bears

:thurman:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

commieB posted:

I am :lol:ing pretty hard.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

commieB posted:

This is much better than the Lloyd Christmas joke I was trying to put together.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

commieB posted:

This is so goddamned amazing

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

lions bitch

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Since I've been alive the Lions have had 2 players paralyzed on the field, 1 player run over and killed while working on his lawn, 1 top 10 pick imprisoned for vehicular homicide while an active player (amazingly not related to the previous event), and 1 playoff win

lions bitch

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Let's not forget the arm-breaking pizza.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Since I've been alive the Lions have had 2 players paralyzed on the field, 1 player run over and killed while working on his lawn, 1 top 10 pick imprisoned for vehicular homicide while an active player (amazingly not related to the previous event), and 1 playoff win

lions bitch

The monkey's paw has a terrible exchange rate, drat

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Imagine what Barry Sanders career could have been if two of his top o-linemen weren't paralyzed/killed in the same season. 23 years old, he rushes for 1,548 yards. The Detroit Lions go to the NFC Championship game. And he has 26 year old and 25 year old starting offensive guards playing at a high level.

At the start of the next season one of them is paralyzed from the chest down and the other is dead.

The ultimate in 'being the Detroit Lions'

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Don't forget that one lions player who needed CPR and emergency surgery

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

And the dude that broke his arm getting a pizza.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

commieB posted:

Hahahahha holy poo poo

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Kicking a field goal down 7 with less than 3 minutes left

Stupid no matter what

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
LIONS, BITCH!!!!!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

reporter: How does it feel to no longer be winless?

Caldwell: I try not to get too emotional about things. I perspired a little higher than the satisfactory amount for a humanoid, and required two moist towelettes to contain it. The players approached me with a cooler of water, but I told them to act like they've been there before. They gave me a very strange look that I couldn't read. The humanoid face is hard to interpret. I just take it two eyes at a time.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Same

swampface
Apr 30, 2005

Soiled Meat
Jim Caldwell Provides Lions Players With Printouts Of Inspiring Halftime Speech

It was just the spark they needed to almost tie the bears.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Once I questioned whether or not Caldwell has autism and then I reconsidered when I realized that nothing about him rocks.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Imagine what Barry Sanders career could have been if two of his top o-linemen weren't paralyzed/killed in the same season. 23 years old, he rushes for 1,548 yards. The Detroit Lions go to the NFC Championship game. And he has 26 year old and 25 year old starting offensive guards playing at a high level.

At the start of the next season one of them is paralyzed from the chest down and the other is dead.

The ultimate in 'being the Detroit Lions'

Really? Did they just get hurt in practice or what?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

mastershakeman posted:

Really? Did they just get hurt in practice or what?

I remember this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reggie_Brown_(linebacker) - He wheelchaired himself to his press conference, but then stood up and walked the rest of the way to the podium, with his head in a halo brace.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Mike Utley was paralyzed during a Rams game and Eric Andolsek was doing yard work when a loving semi runs off the road and kills him.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Mike Utley was paralyzed during a Rams game and Eric Andolsek was doing yard work when a loving semi runs off the road and kills him.
This clearly makes his death the Lion's fault if they were paying him so little that he could not afford a service to take care of his yard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
What really annoys me about the game Sunday is Caldwell making the terrible call with around two and a half minutes left to kick a field goal when down 7. That is the objectively wrong call, and it should have gotten his team beat. But because he was coaching against John 'runrunrunpunt' Fox, he not only got away with it, but got to look like a genius to all the meatball idiots who defend spineless decision making by pointing at outcomes. You could even say Fox let him off 'em the hook.

I'm not a Lions fan, but I'm angry about Jim Caldwell.

• Locked thread