Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Parmesan Basil posted:

How many lower-case "g" good coaches are there in the league? Like, how many other coaches would you trust your team with? I'm struggling to think of ten, myself.

Man, that's a really good question. I guess it all depends on what you're defining as "good"? Jim Caldwell is definitely not on the list. But he would probably be on your Good coaches list though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Jim Caldwell owns

JoeLombardi.png

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Fire Lombardi, promote Jim Bob Cooter. Or fire Lombardi and Caldwell, and promote Teryl Austin.

Averaging 13 offensive points per game. Christ

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

"Could I have the bone-in ribeye, well done, and some ketchup on the side?" - Jim Caldwell

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Hahaha, owns. Remember when Lions fans loved Caldwell? Good times.

Most fans here were upset with his hiring and have never embraced him. Look at the times he tried to cost us games, like that Atlanta game in London. He is what he is and is at his best when he's got great coordinators beneath him. The sooner he rids himself of Joe Lombardi the better.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

Joe Lombardi is the only coach I can think of that goes away from what's working for you. Better establish this running game that's not working out!

Fire Joe Lombardi!

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

Caldwell not making any coaching changes because "they've won before and that leads me to believe we can win again". His press conferences deserve a GDT.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

I agree with Caldwell, the defense has won games before and it's too soon to jettison Austin. The only game that this offense has ever won for the defense is last week's Bears game.

Ahhh yes, it would be quite Caldwellian to dump Austin before Joe "Assface" Lombardi.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

They finally read my posts!!!!!!!!!!!

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

See how the center was assigned to block the defensive end? That didn't work. This is why they fired the OL coaches.

This was uhh.... poorly designed. When they showed the replay immediately after the play, I was like why the gently caress is the center pulling to block an end?! Answer: Lions, bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

Parallelwoody posted:

Were you the guy that called him going to Michigan in the first place and getting poo poo all over for it? I don't see him ditching UofM though. Sorry in advance if this is a joke I'm missing.

John(Baltimore) != Jim (Michigan)

• Locked thread