Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

raditts posted:

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

This should be in the OP of every single TVIV thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

bitterandtwisted posted:

I liked the George Dubya 9/11 reference in the classroom

I laughed really hard then felt really bad about laughing. I think it evened out. Otherwise I thought this was one of the best finales I've ever seen on television - proper cliffhanger, a wide open door of writing possibilities for the next season, and if there happened to never be another season I'd still be a satisfied with that as an ending.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Argue posted:

He turns into a were-terrier
Oh god, yes.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

FoxTerrier posted:

Posted merely to demonstrate the way Liv holds a spoon is friggin weird man
Huh? What?

How do you hold it? Grabbing it with your whole hand? That's the way of uncoordinated brutes.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Combat Pretzel posted:

Huh? What?

How do you hold it? Grabbing it with your whole hand? That's the way of uncoordinated brutes.

lol if you don't grip it and dig in there like you're trying to murder something

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Combat Pretzel posted:

Huh? What?

I probably phrased that poorly. Not the holding of the handle itself, but the angle it's held at looks super weird to me.

Or maybe I'm just going crazy in my old age and can't recognize normal spoon usage anymore. Very possible.

Either way, have more gifs!

I'm really looking forward to next season, it sounds like it'll be fun as hell.

vvv I figured out exactly what it was that seemed so weird to me about the angle etc. I.e. it's the scooping and eating with the tip of the spoon rather than with the side. May, god willing, that be an end to spoon chat 2017.

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jul 2, 2017

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
tbqh i appreciate the gifs but I would like to talk some more about how you use spoons, and perhaps see a picture of you holding a spoon in the manner you believe to be correct

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It's the straight on angle like the airplane is going in for a loving landing.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

IZombie: Let's talk about spooning.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I somehow shotgunned this entire season in the last two days and now that it's gone I'm sad. My wife hasn't watched since the middle of last season and it's killing me not to spoil every amazing thing that's happened since then.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

GreenNight posted:

It's the straight on angle like the airplane is going in for a loving landing.

if you're not gripping it like a pencil and shoveling food into your pie hole as fast as possible you're not even human imo

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

if you're not gripping it like a pencil and shoveling food into your pie hole as fast as possible you're not even human imo

Well the show's not bloody called iHuman, is it?

Seriously though, I think this is an example of doing something that looks good on camera over real-life similitude that also doesn't require an explanation on what the fluffer does between takes. With the spoon stretched out like that, the viewers' eyes have a line to follow.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Lich, please.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
The protagonists didn't feel very integral to that finale.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Lycus posted:

The protagonists didn't feel very integral to that finale.

They solve crimes. The world is changing, but their role in the world remains the same.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
It's gonna be interesting to see how they keep the crime-solving aspect relevant with the zombie nation thing being more public and high profile. Unless the political(for lack of a better word) situation normalizes, solving random murders isn't going to feel all that important.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think enough people are invested in the characters that next season they could just drop the crime aspect and have it be a straight up drama following Liv and friends in this hungry new world with such zombies in it.

Not saying that I think they would but it is certainly an option going forward.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Well if their city really is walled off, I could see Fillmore Graves starting an independent police force and hiring Clive/Liv as officers, Ravi as the ME. Now you work for a zombie company solving crimes and brain eating is just another tool oi your belt. Liv doesnt have to hide it anymore.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

bring back old gbs posted:

Well if their city really is walled off, I could see Fillmore Graves starting an independent police force and hiring Clive/Liv as officers, Ravi as the ME. Now you work for a zombie company solving crimes and brain eating is just another tool oi your belt. Liv doesnt have to hide it anymore.

Didn't they say something like FG would be investigating murdered zombies, and the regular police would be investigating murdered humans? If so the crime solving aspect of the show doesn't change much.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
From the previous page

Slashrat posted:

Rob Thomas dished out some details in interviews on what the status quo will be at the start of Season 4

http://www.cbr.com/izombie-season-3-finale-rob-thomas/

Not sure if it even qualifies as spoilers, but highlights:

• Season four opens 3 months after the finale
  • The side effects of Ravi's vaccine will be revealed in the first episode and they won't be fatal
  • Seattle will become a walled city cut off from the surrounding country, like west Berlin was
  • Filmore Graves will be handling all investigation of murdered zombies, while the Seattle PD will continue to handle murdered humans and other crimes.
  • There's an estimated ten thousand zombies in Seattle and around half a million humans, so zombies are still vastly outnumbered
  • Dale will become Clive's new boss at the PD, since as a zombie she can't leave Seattle

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
So Ravi is immune to zombieism forever, is that what they meant?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lycus posted:

So Ravi is immune to zombieism forever, is that what they meant?

Ravi will survive, but his arm will become necrotic and will have to be amputated.

iZombie season 4 will shift gears from making GBS threads all over Major to start on Ravi :twisted:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Then he gets a zombie arm grafted on. He's immune and the arm is immortal. But the arm keeps trying to eat brains. It doesn't even have a mouth!

Talky
Mar 26, 2010
The vaccine will cause Ravi to turn into a were-wolf. He'll use his new super-smell abilities to help solve crimes, but will have to rely on his friend Liv to keep him hidden from zombies and humans who would treat him as a monster.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Talky posted:

The vaccine will cause Ravi to turn into a were-terrier. He will insist on being called Arf Vader.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

He can smell crime?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Lycus posted:

He can smell crime?

Is he Dolph Lundgren?

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

fingers like strings of walnuts
He nose the truth.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

What iZombie really needs is full consummation.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Phssthpok posted:

He nose the truth.

Eesh. These puns are getting ruff.

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI
I would say being the only guaranteed mortal when all of your friends are immortal would be a pretty lovely consequence in the long run.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Loutre posted:

I would say being the only guaranteed mortal when all of your friends are immortal would be a pretty lovely consequence in the long run.
I wonder if they're going to address people zombifying their pets, their pets scratching wildlife, and the zombie virus spreading across the country through wild animals.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Loutre posted:

They have no idea if they are immortal though. It's entirely possible that after some arbitrary point all zombies degenerate whether they get brains or not. Maybe in another 6 years all the boat party zombies will start dying or degenerating, with the newer zombies following soon after.

Their previous sample was entirely very healthy young people. What happens if you have type 1 diabetes, thyroid disease, or MS? Does the zombie virus heal that? Or does it interact in strange new ways? If you have an autoimmune disease where your own immune system is the thing potentially killing you will your new super-charged zombie immune system stand down, or will it literally tear you apart?

What the gently caress is going on with the children? Are they developing normally? How do the small children do at suppressing the urge to attack other humans to eat their brains? They may not have the strength to get through an adult skull, but a zombie 5 year old having a tantrum can scratch a heck of a lot of people. And even a zombie toddler can get through the soft spot in a baby's skull.

You don't know if your zombie friends are immortal. You just know they are hungry.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Just finished binging this season. Have they ever covered if zombie brains trigger visions? I feel like the finale really ruins the whole crime angle of the show. Like, now a ton of murder cases are gonna end with "oh a zombie hater blew this guy's head off" or "the perp went full on zombie and bashed the victim's head in".

Also regarding Ravi next season, it seems like he shouldn't be in Seattle anymore. I mean, you'd think that since his crazy theories have been validated, the CDC would welcome him back. poo poo, if he told them he knew how to make a functional cure, they'd have folks working round the clock to figure out what's in the tainted utopium to synthesize more instead of just keeping it Ravi's basement side project.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

TwoPair posted:

I feel like the finale really ruins the whole crime angle of the show. Like, now a ton of murder cases are gonna end with "oh a zombie hater blew this guy's head off" or "the perp went full on zombie and bashed the victim's head in".
How would that be different to normal? Like, you never see the Law & Order episode where two drunk guys got into a fight and one of them died, because that's not a mystery. The police (and zombie police) will be investigating all sorts of crimes but the show's only going to cover the interesting ones.

TwoPair posted:

Also regarding Ravi next season, it seems like he shouldn't be in Seattle anymore. I mean, you'd think that since his crazy theories have been validated, the CDC would welcome him back. poo poo, if he told them he knew how to make a functional cure, they'd have folks working round the clock to figure out what's in the tainted utopium to synthesize more instead of just keeping it Ravi's basement side project.
Maybe Fillmore-Graves wants to employ him to work on the vaccine and cure for them. Maybe he just prefers to stay where he is now. The CDC (and others) will probably be working on their own zombie-related projects, but Ravi doesn't necessarily have to be directly involved with them.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

TwoPair posted:

Just finished binging this season. Have they ever covered if zombie brains trigger visions? I feel like the finale really ruins the whole crime angle of the show. Like, now a ton of murder cases are gonna end with "oh a zombie hater blew this guy's head off" or "the perp went full on zombie and bashed the victim's head in".

Zombie brains are unpalatable. Zombies have no desire whatsoever to eat zombie brains. AFAIK no one has tried it to see what the effect might be.

Liv won't be investigating murdered zombies nor people who have had their brains eaten by zombies, because neither case leaves her with brains to eat. She has never investigated every murder and Clive isn't the city's only homicide detective so the murders that wouldn't work for the show will continue to be investigated by others.

If too many of the uninfected flee the city she could be in trouble though. RL Seattle barely has enough murders to sustain a season of murder mysteries as it is. The property crime rates are like double the national average, but the homicide rate is low.

2011 - 20
2012 - 23
2013 - 19
2014 - 26
2015 - 23

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Facebook Aunt posted:

Zombie brains are unpalatable. Zombies have no desire whatsoever to eat zombie brains. AFAIK no one has tried it to see what the effect might be.

Liv won't be investigating murdered zombies nor people who have had their brains eaten by zombies, because neither case leaves her with brains to eat. She has never investigated every murder and Clive isn't the city's only homicide detective so the murders that wouldn't work for the show will continue to be investigated by others.

If too many of the uninfected flee the city she could be in trouble though. RL Seattle barely has enough murders to sustain a season of murder mysteries as it is. The property crime rates are like double the national average, but the homicide rate is low.

2011 - 20
2012 - 23
2013 - 19
2014 - 26
2015 - 23

I find it really amusing that a 20 order season would basically cover every single murder that happens in Seattle naturally.

Anyone ever read 'The Post-Mortal'? It was a flawed novel but the conceit was there's a 'cure for aging' that stops your age at whatever time you get it. One of the minor characters gave it to a newborn so she'd always be the mother.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hughlander posted:

I find it really amusing that a 20 order season would basically cover every single murder that happens in Seattle naturally.

I know, right? Real life is such a let down. A lot of those murders wouldn't even be good TV. Like a baby who died of shaken baby syndrome. Having Liv eat a baby's brain to find out which of the caregivers shook the baby would just be sad.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
There was an iZombie panel at SDCC. Mild spoilers for next season. If you want to watch the full panel yourself, start here and watch the next two videos on the playlist.

Gobbeldygook fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Gobbeldygook posted:

There was an iZombie panel at SDCC. Mild spoilers for next season. If you want to watch the full panel yourself, start here and watch the next two videos on the playlist.

:allears:

Also: how is Blaine possibly going to be a free man in the next season? His insurance was that killing or imprisoning him would have started the zombie apocalypse, and also he couldn't really be charged without revealing the existence of zombies. But like...there are a lot of witnesses to all his crap, and probably quite a bit of evidence (especially with Angus out of the well).

• Locked thread