Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm so excited for Babineaux's potential hook up with hot FBI girl!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He needs something to do now that they've ended the zombie cop stuff.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Ahahahaha!! Morgue fight is best fight!!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Never tell me the odds!

Also: bit coin. Lol

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Haha "So we're going the Pretty Woman no kissing on the mouth route. I'm down." Horny Major owns.

Max Rager is the most cartoonishly evil company ever. Right down to the evil scientist. I bet they totally have another zombie killer to check on Major's targets. 2 episodes in a row where nothing bad happens to Major has to be a record, so he's going to fall hard any day now.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
That zombie scientist lady ruled. Hope she sticks around.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

FoxTerrier posted:

Ahahahaha!! Morgue fight is best fight!!

Well that's my cardio for the day

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
Liv is totally wrong about future all-star Kristaps "The Zinger" Porzingis.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Max Rager is the most cartoonishly evil company ever. Right down to the evil scientist. I bet they totally have another zombie killer to check on Major's targets. 2 episodes in a row where nothing bad happens to Major has to be a record, so he's going to fall hard any day now.

Well, life's not all Dilly Bars and debutante balls.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Why were they so sure that the utopium / Max Rager mix wasn't the same one from the boat? Couldn't it be that overdosing on it causes the melting bit, or just using it when already a zombie?

...I guess not, since them stating as much is probably their way of establishing it as truth in the iZombie universe.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I binged through all of this seasons episodes last night and it was great. I was concerned they wouldn't be able to keep it new this season but, lots of new stuff to like here. I wasn't sure they would bring Peyton back but they did and in a great way. When they just showed here in a news clip I figured she would be a zombie hunting bitch but, no. The birthday cake made me want to cry. Also, Peyton crashing in on Ravi's date night was great; high five.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

radical meme posted:

Also, Peyton crashing in on Ravi's date night was great; high five.
I’m not high fiving that. I wasn’t born yesterday.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I'm liking the FBI woman and her relationship with Babineaux. It's a shame it will all go to hell when she finally tracks down Major and puts a bullet through whatever happiness he has left.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My only concern, and this is totally based on the way other shows have done this, but when you have a protagonist with a secret and a person investigating it, it's often terrible as the plotline stretches on and on. These investigation plotlines often go on way too long, and a competent investigator will ignore obvious facts or make mistakes in order to keep the tension unresolved and delay the final showdown, or coincidences or last minute rescues begin to pile up and wear on credibility.

I think Clive's been in a good place as far as an outsider goes, I think it's smart that he just accepts Liv's psychic explanation based on its success rate. He never asks questions about the details of her power and accepts her idiosyncrasies. Though it's never explicitly said, I bet if you asked the character he'd say "Well, don't look a gift horse in the mouth". So, as long as the investigation into the zombie mystery is done well and not artificially stretched, we should be fine. The show is tightly written and plotted so I have faith in the creators in this case. But how long did it take Timothy Omundsen's character to reveal the main character's psychic fraud in Psych?

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

zoux posted:

My only concern, and this is totally based on the way other shows have done this, but when you have a protagonist with a secret and a person investigating it, it's often terrible as the plotline stretches on and on. These investigation plotlines often go on way too long, and a competent investigator will ignore obvious facts or make mistakes in order to keep the tension unresolved and delay the final showdown, or coincidences or last minute rescues begin to pile up and wear on credibility.

I think Clive's been in a good place as far as an outsider goes, I think it's smart that he just accepts Liv's psychic explanation based on its success rate. He never asks questions about the details of her power and accepts her idiosyncrasies. Though it's never explicitly said, I bet if you asked the character he'd say "Well, don't look a gift horse in the mouth". So, as long as the investigation into the zombie mystery is done well and not artificially stretched, we should be fine. The show is tightly written and plotted so I have faith in the creators in this case. But how long did it take Timothy Omundsen's character to reveal the main character's psychic fraud in Psych?

Lassie always tried to call Shawn out as being a fraud but he never actually proved it.

Also, this show reminds me a lot of Psych in parts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I want James Roday to guest star as a competing fake psychic now.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Liv being a fake psychic is really down played all things considered, unlike Shawn in Psych where it was the entire basis of the show. Clive is already on the trail of all this zombie stuff so I'm sure he'll be in the know really soon.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

muscles like this? posted:

While the dog's name is definitely supposed to be pun I believe its not "Minor" but "Miner" because Ravi said he was digging in the trash.

I swear to god there's one of you in every TVIV thread

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

I want James Roday to guest star as a competing fake psychic now.

Or how has she not eaten a fake psychic brain yet. C'mon

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Soothing Vapors posted:

I swear to god there's one of you in every TVIV thread

I acquit this thread.

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Or how has she not eaten a fake psychic brain yet. C'mon

Better yet. James roday cameos as victim of the week (what his he doing these days?) and she ends up solving the case not through visions but keen attention to detail :) (duleh hill ends up being the killer)

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

just_a_guy posted:

Better yet. James roday cameos as victim of the week (what his he doing these days?) and she ends up solving the case not through visions but keen attention to detail :) (duleh hill ends up being the killer)

The big question is, if she ate Hill would her sense of smell return?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Mr. Boss is suitably creepy and Blaine's plan to feed his grandpa to his dad is dark as gently caress

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Major owns

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

You guys didn't believe me

You guys didn't believe in Major

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

um excuse me it was my theory first :colbert:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

raditts posted:

You guys didn't believe me

You guys didn't believe in Major

I BELIEVED

Regy Rusty posted:

Maybe he'll manage to instead turn this into a zombie protection service where he's somehow pretending to kill them while actually getting them into hiding.

I hope :ohdear:

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Soothing Vapors posted:

Mr. Boss is suitably creepy and Blaine's plan to feed his grandpa to his dad is dark as gently caress

Was that really the endgame? Because it didn't seem like Blaine's dad would have given a gently caress about eating his own father, or that Blaine killed him. Dude's ice cold as gently caress.

I was wondering if he needed his grandfathers memories for something instead...but idk...maybe I'm dumb and overthinking it.

Also gently caress yea Major you are the BEST. Let's uh just hope there's not a power outage and he set up a back-up generator.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

he was going to feed grandpa to dad to addle dad with alzheimer's

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

FoxTerrier posted:

Was that really the endgame? Because it didn't seem like Blaine's dad would have given a gently caress about eating his own father, or that Blaine killed him. Dude's ice cold as gently caress.

I would think so too, but maybe the idea was that his dad would be haunted with visions of rotting away in the nursing home?

Soothing Vapors posted:

he was going to feed grandpa to dad to addle dad with alzheimer's

Didn't even think of this part.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Ooo both good ideas. I kinda got the impression the grandfather had a stroke rather than Alzheimer's, but eating the brain of a man that had either could well be enough to incapacitate Blaines pop until he could put him out of commission.

And killing his own grandfather ensures the body/brain come to the funeral home too.

Clever Blaine.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The real star of tonight's episode

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Senerio posted:

hypothetically

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Soothing Vapors posted:

hypothetically

Yes, yes, of course. Hypothetically.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Senerio posted:

Imagine this guy's life. Lawschool. Getting into a good criminal law firm. Years of practice so you are a top criminal lawyer in your city. And then you spend your days sitting in a barber shop. Not even a comfy chair. Suit and tie. Just sitting there all day every day, just in case the law comes to hassle your client.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Angela Christine posted:

Imagine this guy's life. Lawschool. Getting into a good criminal law firm. Years of practice so you are a top criminal lawyer in your city. And then you spend your days sitting in a barber shop. Not even a comfy chair. Suit and tie. Just sitting there all day every day, just in case the law comes to hassle your client.

Yeah but I bet he gets paid pretty drat well and takes some killer vacations to Tahiti.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

So Blaine's dad took over his business how? Just by learning how the clientele are and saying he was taking over? Shooting the guy Blaine had for muscle? All the brains still run through the funeral home. What does Blaine need his dad for?

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

So Blaine's dad took over his business how? Just by learning how the clientele are and saying he was taking over? Shooting the guy Blaine had for muscle? All the brains still run through the funeral home. What does Blaine need his dad for?

Blaine's dad has leverage over Blaine because he can threaten him and Blaine considers him a credible threat. Previously Blaine couldn't be threatened with zombification and the clientele being secret prevented someone else from selling to them without a lot of legwork or forcing it out of him.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FoxTerrier posted:

Yeah but I bet he gets paid pretty drat well and takes some killer vacations to Tahiti.

Hypothetically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So Rose McIver tweeted this last night, and it's pretty great.

• Locked thread