Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It was nice to see Rav doing some science this time, even if it was just condom science. They also specified that it is a virus, a teeny tiny virus, have the outright said that before? Wait, can you even see a virus with the equipment he has? Don't you need like an electron microscope or something?

It would be funny if it turns out Blaine and Major are immune to the virus now. I guess they have no way to test that without more zombie rats, so we won't know for sure until someone tries to infect one of them again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

This show is amazing. Ravi's boss: imagine buying all those brands and testing them over and over just for your best friends? Good guy.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Read posted:

Blaine's dad has leverage over Blaine because he can threaten him and Blaine considers him a credible threat. Previously Blaine couldn't be threatened with zombification and the clientele being secret prevented someone else from selling to them without a lot of legwork or forcing it out of him.

It is kind of odd though, because zombies are just a bullet to the head away from no longer being a threat and Blaine clearly hates his dad enough for that to not be an obstacle. Unless he's worried about people asking questions when Dad stops showing up for work? I have no idea.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

raditts posted:

It is kind of odd though, because zombies are just a bullet to the head away from no longer being a threat and Blaine clearly hates his dad enough for that to not be an obstacle. Unless he's worried about people asking questions when Dad stops showing up for work? I have no idea.

I could see Blaine being too intimidated by his dad for that option - not that he couldn't do it but that he's too paralysed by fear to try it.

Blaine'd never admit that he's intimidated but he clearly is.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

So, what's the over/under of something incredibly terrible happening to Major to make up for the good times in this one? Next episode? The one after that? :allears:

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Happy Major was pretty drat great though honestly

"Knocking! In this house we use knocking!"
"Barely played arm candy"

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

It's been awhile since I posted gifs. Have some gifs!

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Adding in some gifs of my own from this episode:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I'm enjoying this season as they've kept it quite fresh, and 'nut up' to major was the best throw away in memory.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Happy sex crazy Major is the best. I'm curious if the Z's he's tossed in the freezer will be able to reanimate after being frozen like that.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Rhyno posted:

Happy sex crazy Major is the best. I'm curious if the Z's he's tossed in the freezer will be able to reanimate after being frozen like that.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Blaine defrosted mooks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Angela Christine posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Blaine defrosted mooks.

Oooh that's right!

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

Oooh that's right!

Somebody help me here. I thought Major shot Blaine's dad and threw him in the river; but then did he put Blaine's dad in a freezer? Who did he dump in the river. Who were the other bodies in the freezer; or do we not know that yet?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

We don't know who or what he's dumping in the river, but the scene of him putting Blaine's dad in a freezer and other bodies being in that freezer at least implies he's not really killing the zombies, but rather freezing them perhaps in the hope of keeping them frozen until more cure can be produced.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

radical meme posted:

Somebody help me here. I thought Major shot Blaine's dad and threw him in the river; but then did he put Blaine's dad in a freezer? Who did he dump in the river. Who were the other bodies in the freezer; or do we not know that yet?

He hasn't been shooting + dumping any actual zombie bodies in the river, it's all been an act. The other bodies in the freezer are the other zombies he's had to hunt down.

This was a really expected twist to the situation but it's still exciting waiting for this all to inevitably blow up in Major's face.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

We don't know who or what he's dumping in the river

Likely all the mannequins that are hanging around Major's hideout for no other apparent reason.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fast Luck posted:

We don't know who or what he's dumping in the river, but the scene of him putting Blaine's dad in a freezer and other bodies being in that freezer at least implies he's not really killing the zombies, but rather freezing them perhaps in the hope of keeping them frozen until more cure can be produced.

Brother Entropy posted:

He hasn't been shooting + dumping any actual zombie bodies in the river, it's all been an act. The other bodies in the freezer are the other zombies he's had to hunt down.

This was a really expected twist to the situation but it's still exciting waiting for this all to inevitably blow up in Major's face.

Whoa I never actually noticed this, I just assumed he had 2 bodies in the trunk but knew Blaine's dad was special. I guess there's our mini Major redemption

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Likely all the mannequins that are hanging around Major's hideout for no other apparent reason.
:eyepop: Of course

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Although if he's really just freezing them then I think that's a mostly unambiguous net good he's doing for the world so maybe he didn't need to guilt spiral so hard. I guess it's still sort of rude abducting a person from their life and putting them into a frozen state even if they're a zombie though. Esp now that they're potentially all eating funeral parlor brains instead of murder brains

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

or maybe he killed a couple people at first and then switched it up later around the time he cleaned up and reconciled with Liv?

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Fast Luck posted:

Although if he's really just freezing them then I think that's a mostly unambiguous net good he's doing for the world so maybe he didn't need to guilt spiral so hard. I guess it's still sort of rude abducting a person from their life and putting them into a frozen state even if they're a zombie though. Esp now that they're potentially all eating funeral parlor brains instead of murder brains

In fairness that's not the only reason he's spiraling. He's out of his job (which was apparently basically his purpose in life, he was drat committed to those kids), his relationship with the woman he loves is hella complicated and weird x100, the law is on his tail, Evil CEO is on his rear end, and he has people begging him for their lives in his trunk.

Like, that's pretty good reason to spiral to me.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Angela Christine posted:

It would be funny if it turns out Blaine and Major are immune to the virus now. I guess they have no way to test that without more zombie rats, so we won't know for sure until someone tries to infect one of them again.

I like this idea. Hope it happens.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Usually I frown at moral copouts like not having Major actually be a cold blooded killer, but I like him so much I was actually relieved :kiddo:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Angela Christine posted:

That is especially ineresting since both of them are in acute danger of being exposed to the virus right now. Well okay, Blaine only was until the end of the episode. But if his pop gets thawed up, he is going to be really pissed at him.

It actually seemed like Blaine was considering rezombifying. That was mostly because his dad tried to use that as a leaverage.
But It would be quite interesting if he gets obsesed with the idea of being a zombie again. He wages the pleasures of life against the power of death and after a long time of considering it, he decides to reinfect himself, only to find out that he's imune.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

Usually I frown at moral copouts like not having Major actually be a cold blooded killer, but I like him so much I was actually relieved :kiddo:

On the other hand, a part of me wishes we could see a montage of murders juxtaposed with him rebuilding his life with Liv, set to "This Must Be the Place" by Talking Heads.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Maybe major did really kill those first few. The Ice Chest wasn't full after all. Got a case of guilt when he saw the news story about the missing guy and came up with a better solution.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Plus Major's descent into drug addiction is way less sympathetic if he doesn't have the guilt of being forced into murder. If I had to guess, he stopped after trying to buy drugs from that street kid he knew from social work. That has a hitting bottom feel to it.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

That's a good point. The drug addiction still made sense if he was never killing people because there's still crazy amounts of stress and guilt about how long he can keep the charade up and what would happen to him if anyone in his life found out but it's a little weaker narratively.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
If Major gets another happy arc, he'll become a social worker for zombies. There will be circles of chairs filled with pale people instead of teenagers.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lycus posted:

If Major gets another happy arc, he'll become a social worker for zombies. There will be circles of chairs filled with pale people instead of teenagers.

gym teacher at segregated zombie highschool. the only human teacher at the school

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I think the freezer plan started after he gave Gilda the list and told her there were no zombies on it. She got suspicious, and he realized that that wouldn't work forever.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Lycus posted:

I think the freezer plan started after he gave Gilda the list and told her there were no zombies on it. She got suspicious, and he realized that that wouldn't work forever.

He did that after kidnapping the dude with the dog, iirc. And I think that was one of the guys in the freezer

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Slashrat posted:

He did that after kidnapping the dude with the dog, iirc. And I think that was one of the guys in the freezer

Oh was he? I didn't recognize them.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Which is weird, since normally it's easier to identify bodies in freezers.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Slashrat posted:

I'd guess from all the drugs and sadness that he actually killed dog guy and changed his mind after that.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

That's going to be the missing astronaut's brain, isn't it?

"Hypothetically."

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

spookygonk posted:

That's going to be the missing astronaut's brain, isn't it?

"Hypothetically."

It would be odd if it was - wasn't the astronaut brain a special commission from the super-rich guy Blaine met in the limo? Unless there's a scene I've forgotten about, Suzuki shouldn't have had such a valuable brain.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

BreakAtmo posted:

It would be odd if it was - wasn't the astronaut brain a special commission from the super-rich guy Blaine met in the limo? Unless there's a scene I've forgotten about, Suzuki shouldn't have had such a valuable brain.
I think Blaine was going to sell other parts of the brain to high bidders, and as for Suzuki, he was keeping all the police from finding about zombies / missing kids / etc. Maybe that was his bonus for doing such good work (but I'm most likely wrong).

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

spookygonk posted:

I think Blaine was going to sell other parts of the brain to high bidders, and as for Suzuki, he was keeping all the police from finding about zombies / missing kids / etc. Maybe that was his bonus for doing such good work (but I'm most likely wrong).

Yeah, they were definitely putting the little astronaut sticker on a plastic containers for distribution, so it was going out to more than just the guy who commissioned it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Major definitely killed zombies before he nabbed the boy and his dog, I don't know why there's any questioning of that going on. The kid was the first one to wake up and beg for his life and after that he started giving false zombie confirmations while tossing a few bodies in the freezer to seem less suspicious.

And I guess it must just be me, but as much as I enjoyed happy, adorable Major it felt really out of place to me. Like it needed another episode after the one where he went to Liv's all high as gently caress and kissed her. Or at the very least some kind of allusion to a bit more time passing. Just didn't feel entirely earned to me, tensions were so high between them and Liv had just gotten that beautiful moment with countrybrain teaching her maybe she can and needs to let go. Felt a bit sloppy to me with Major's full turn to happy/cute and drug free being so immediate when it should be more complicated than that. Like, I can one hundred percent buy them just clinging to some happiness and deluding themselves in a way, but it's like he got his personality transplanted back to before poo poo started getting dark for him.

It's probably going to crash and burn ASAP with Gilda obviously displeased about Major and Liv being back together, so it's probably going to be a useless nitpick soon here anyway. Should be interesting to see how Liv and Ravi take the news about what Major's job has been (even if he's stopped the killing part for now) and keeping from them the whole 'your name is on this zombie kill list' thing.

Other than Major feeling way off to me, still loved these past two episodes. I thoroughly enjoy Blaine's dad and can't wait to see what the gently caress goes down whenever he gets defrosted. Still loving Totally Not Grown Up Veronica and hope she gets more screentime now Clive has that brain.

esperterra fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Nov 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Yeah, he at least killed the first guy, because IIRC in that scene the guy was begging for his life up until Major shot him and dumped him in the river.

• Locked thread